Thoughts on a 550 Husky from a guy that sells Stihl.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO

The MS262 will be amazing? Right?

Thoughts on a ms261 from a dealer that sells husky:

I understand why it was thrown out of a bucket 45 feet up after 10 minutes of use.

Did you use the saw or just poke at it with a stick?

Thoughts on a ms261 from a dealer that sells husky:

I understand why it was thrown out of a bucket 45 feet up after 10 minutes of use.

Did you use the saw or just poke at it with a stick?

TK now that's just mean:msp_biggrin:

I wouldn't dare run it, just picking it up broke my heart.

I can see you being a tad envious just after picking it up :D I'm sorry I thought your first post was a negative, silly me!

wow you're on fire tonight:msp_scared:

I'm not the only one that sees this, I can't be :D I won't count the 261 out yet but damn was it a major letdown in a side by side comparison against the 550.

Anyway this thread is about a 550 in the hands of a jealous stihl dealer :D

From what I hear the 550's have a problem starting some of the time. Husqvarna found that this problem usually presented itself only after the saw's owner allowed it to eat too many stihls for breakfast:rock:

once aguy gets past the starting issues, and the recalls, and all the plastic, and the crappy build quality...........it probably is not too bad of a saw. one thing the 550/562 have in common, Xtra-Plastic:rock::rock::rock:

once aguy gets past the starting issues, and the recalls, and all the plastic, and the crappy build quality...........it probably is not too bad of a saw. one thing the 550/562 have in common, Xtra-Plastic:rock::rock::rock:

Compared to what? :jester:

At least they have metal handlebars.....

Just buy one man. Im a Stihl dealer and wouldnt trade my 395xp for any Stihl, and after running the 562, I am buying one for sure. Wouldnt trade it for a Stihl. I know this is bad. Yall warned me this would happen. :bang:

Both in stock form - The 550xp absolutely eats the MS261's lunch, shoves it in a locker, and takes its milk money. :buttkick:

With a simple 3/8" hole MM, the 550 is absolutely ridiculous. Violent yet smooth. Perhaps the best power to weight ratio on the market at this time. Great handling saw as well. Brrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppp. Done. :msp_scared::chainsaw:

Back