Thoughts on Husqvarna 555 for Firewood and Farm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHED

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys...

Been in the hunt for a saw and have been looking at the Husqvarna 555. How is it going to compair to the 562 for REAL WORLD application...I would be using it for a Max of 10 cord a year and around the farm use. Thanks in advance.

NHED

You can never go wrong with the Triple Nickel.

Versus the 562 in the real world..........
maximum 24" bar length should you feel so inclined
less hp, but unless you cut wood with a stop watch you won't notice
none of the crappy vanishing grey paint!
costs less

Myself and (raypa) a member here..hes mainly a reader and never posts did quite a bit of cutting this weekend and spent alot of time with his 555..i think its an awesome saw
20140427_150248.jpg
thats ray and his 555..never a single issue with it the autotune has worked great !

If your on a budget think about the echo 590. For at least one to two bills less and after a muffler mod surely more than enough for farm use. Powerwise same class as your 360. Andyshine77 has quite a bit of experience with this saw and speaks very high of it. That is enough recomendation for me.

If you want the 555 it is an excellent saw that will serve you very well.

I looked at the 555 when I was looking for a new saw. I got the 590. It is starting to break in and feels like it is pulling more and more every tank.

Back