Thoughts on new Stihl 171/181/211

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had a 141 too.

When are the ms 171s susposed to come out? I need to get a new small saw and have been thinking about another ms 170 or a husky 235. I had a husky 141 that little thing cut great I never had a moments trouble with it wish I hadn't gotten rid of it. But back on topic what are the specs for the saws there is nothing on the stihl website about them. The only thing I could find on the internet was in German.

it was an awesome saw.sold it to a friend of a friend that needed a saw.he won't sell it back for more than he paid for it.i miss that saw.

Don't know, LOL. Those weights have got to be a misprint on their site, why make 2 saws that weigh the same but one has more power?

Are you the morter forker that just called me up and said hey morter forker??
:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Morter forker? :monkey:

Don't you really mean mortar forker? :popcorn:

As for the weight of the new baby saws, I think they are correct. They have been out in Europe for a while now. Looks like they upped the 171/181 to a larger frame. Also Auntie Vibrator and Fender Stratocaster engines weigh more. The 211 looks to be the best of this line. But stihl crappy P/W ratio.

I dunno why anyone would want one of these new baby wood massagers. :greenchainsaw:

Morter forker? :monkey:

Don't you really mean mortar forker? :popcorn:

As for the weight of the new baby saws, I think they are correct. They have been out in Europe for a while now. Looks like they upped the 171/181 to a larger frame. Also Auntie Vibrator and Fender Stratocaster engines weigh more. The 211 looks to be the best of this line. But stihl crappy P/W ratio.

I dunno why anyone would want one of these new baby wood massagers. :greenchainsaw:

Well, my echo is really pizzing me off so why not replace it with a Stihl?:D

Echo? sorry to hear that you have one of those...

But why not just get a 180? I use a 250 instead of an Echo. Less PO factor.

LOL, the little echo isn't really bad but I may keep it around for dirty sh**. I decided to try the 181 to maybe get me ready for a 441.:popcorn:

Don't know, LOL. Those weights have got to be a misprint on their site, why make 2 saws that weigh the same but one has more power?

That is pretty usual - always take the stronger one, 211 in this case....:greenchainsaw:

Why do you think the 290, 310 never was offered here......

...or the 440, or the 650, or the 240....

...and the the 270 disappeared as soon as the 280 was out....

Last edited:
Yeah, i think that was a mistake....:censored:

It doesn't weight the same as the 460 - I believe they left it out because the 372xp would beat it on all accounts......

Dunno about that one. Ekka burns up 372s in less than 3 months cutting palms in Oz. His 440s last a lot longer. Also the 372XP has been here all the while. Loggers here are downright religious about the 044/440. Only reason they are buying the 460 is becasue the new 440s are gone.

Why do you think the 290, 310 never was offered here......

...or the 440, or the 650, or the 240....

...and the the 270 disappeared as soon as the 280 was out....

I could give a dam less what is offered of "there", we use saws over here......takes all kinds to suit each other's needs.

Latest posts

Back