Ticks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw this thread and thought I would share my experience. I appoligise if someone else has already sugested this. I am out in the woods and along the edges of fields every day taking care of our animals. I run an excavator during the day and am constantly in areas that are tick infested. I have started using a peppermint bar soap. I shower with it every day in the morning before I go out. It has been a close to 2 months now and have not had a single tick on me. I have 4 very active kids all under the age of 10. They run through the woods every day. We were pulling 2 or 3 ticks off them each week. They have been using it for almost a month and have only had 1 on then in the time and it was only on my son's shirt. Anyone else try this yet?

Yes, bugs hate peppermint. I use Dr. Bronner's liquid form of organic peppermint soap as an organic garden pesticide and it works real well for that. If bugs hate the stuff then I'm sure ticks probably do as well. I use the Dr. Bronner bar soap for showering, it's one of the best quality soaps on the market. Costs more but it's 100% organic made with the best materials. I've never had much in the way of tick problems, so maybe this is why. There are many vendors out there selling Dr. Bronner's soaps that come both in bar and liquid form. You can buy the liquid soaps in big bottles at a discount, I use that as a shampoo. Shucks, maybe that's been keeping the ticks out of my hair.......

I just saw this thread and thought I would share my experience. I appoligise if someone else has already sugested this. I am out in the woods and along the edges of fields every day taking care of our animals. I run an excavator during the day and am constantly in areas that are tick infested. I have started using a peppermint bar soap. I shower with it every day in the morning before I go out. It has been a close to 2 months now and have not had a single tick on me. I have 4 very active kids all under the age of 10. They run through the woods every day. We were pulling 2 or 3 ticks off them each week. They have been using it for almost a month and have only had 1 on then in the time and it was only on my son's shirt. Anyone else try this yet?
I use peppermint soap every day and it dont stop them, Dr Bronners and it is the best soap ever really but unless heavily concentrated it don't stop them. Use Permethrin on clothes.

Where do you buy your soap? Can you find it locally or do you have to purchase it online?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use the soap....Deet which has been proven by special Forces not to work and Permethrin......anything! Just don't get bit and infected! The more I study this disease the more I'm amazed by it! Not to mention suffering from it at present. Do whatever it takes and realize these ticks are your worse enemy!!! You have not heard how terrible these Spirochetes are because they were Biologically modified from the Syphillis Spirochetes for potential weapons use. Plum Island is right across the bay from Lymes Connecticut.....no coincidence! The reason if you are infected you will be hugely on your own to deal with it! Antibiotics which I have just found out are Outgunned!!! This Bacteria has our immune system totally covered! The research since '75 has proven this! And this information has been kept quiet for a reason!!! It's called culpability and fear of Litigation!!!

Use the soap....Deet which has been proven by special Forces not to work and Permethrin......anything! Just don't get bit and infected! The more I study this disease the more I'm amazed by it! Not to mention suffering from it at present. Do whatever it takes and realize these ticks are your worse enemy!!! You have not heard how terrible these Spirochetes are because they were Biologically modified from the Syphillis Spirochetes for potential weapons use. Plum Island is right across the bay from Lymes Connecticut.....no coincidence! The reason if you are infected you will be hugely on your own to deal with it! Antibiotics which I have just found out are Outgunned!!! This Bacteria has our immune system totally covered! The research since '75 has proven this! And this information has been kept quiet for a reason!!! It's called culpability and fear of Litigation!!!

Some weeks ago I was listening to one of Dr. Jennifer Daniels podcasts about the subject of spirochetes and lyme disease. She takes some getting used to, she's not a very conventional doctor, although she had her own private clinic for around ten years. Dr. Daniels graduated with honors from Harvard, then got an MBA in Health Care Administration at Wharton at the same time she was getting an MD degree at U of Pa.

She says that one of the very old treatments for syphilis spirochetes was 100% pure gum spirits of turpentine. Apparently it's effective for syphillis and works the same for lyme disease. She also recommends turpentine for a long laundry list of serious ailments, one serious disease it will treat effectively is Candida overgrowth in the intestines. I've so far consumed around 6 ounces of the stuff with nothing but positive effects. Use *only* the 100% pure gum spirits - nothing else. I get the Diamond G Forest Products brand via ebay. Turpentine used to be quite common in medicine cabinets up until the mid 40's when the pill industry began. It was commonly used to treat bad colds and other common maladies. It's powerful stuff, the standard dose for one day is a teaspoon soaked into some sugar cubes. The label they put on turpentine scares hell out of everybody, so you'll be pretty nervous about that very first teaspoon. Once you get over that hump it's a piece of cake when you do it the next week. Well, not quite, the stuff sure don't *taste* like cake. Take no more than two teaspoons a week generally for a maintenance dose. For treating a specific disease, the dose can be more. Seriously negative effects begin at around 6 teaspoons taken at one time. From what I've read so far, there has been a recorded fatality for turpentine overdose, and that's when a child got into some turpentine and ingested a couple ounces of the stuff. It's a powerful solvent and that's why it's still in use as a paint thinner and cleaning agent.

Those turpentine burps annoy some people, but not me particularly. If I had lyme disease, I'd find those engineered spirochetes a lot more scary than turpentine. Daniels lives in Panama, and you can even consult with her for a fee. She's published a lot of information about medicinal turpentine on the internet. I kinda get a kick of the turpentine tonic because that pine smell is so familiar when you saw pine trees up. At the end of the day, your hands, gloves, and even your saw will smell like turpentine. A turpentine burp will just be another pine tree experience so to speak.

I'm waiting now for people telling me I'm crazy to be ingesting turpentine and irresponsible to be recommending it. It took me around six months of listening to this doctor off and on, and reading her publications, before I got up the nerve to try it. I'm not recommending it to anyone necessarily, you gotta do your own homework with it and make your own decisions.

Here's a link to the podcast I heard where she was discussing spirochetes. She takes a bit getting used to as her views contradict a lot of what you'll hear most other doctors recommend or say. I had to spend a lot of time cross checking her claims before I started taking her seriously. The link goes to One Radio Network, and she's got lots of other interviews there available. Some of her early interviews focus exclusively on turpentine therapy and how she learned about it and how to use it. There's more to it all than just crunching down nasty tasting sugar cubes soaked in turpentine. The sugar is there for other purposes besides making it a lot easier to take it down. Spooning it into your mouth like cough medicine ain't too pleasant. You'll need to drink *lots* of water afterwards. One more edit. When I wrote drink lots of water, I meant not necessarily if you spooned it in instead of using the soaked sugar cubes. No matter what the method of ingestion is, drink plenty of water! The turpentine will loosen stuff up and change some things and there will be toxins that need to be flushed out in the urine. It never hurts to drink water a lot anyhow, the stuff is good for you as long as it's been filtered well.

https://oneradionetwork.com/all-sho...edicine-theres-always-back-story-may-23-2017/

chuckwood you're Alright!!! Already been trying to get my nerve up to try the stuff. In fact have been making my own kinda with tea tree oil, aswanhanda, rhodiola, and lavender. Also been grinding up pine cone seeds in a grinder and making pills from clear capsules but now after reading your Post going for it! I'm ordering it rt now!!!
Thanks Brother!!!

chuckwood you're Alright!!! Already been trying to get my nerve up to try the stuff. In fact have been making my own kinda with tea tree oil, aswanhanda, rhodiola, and lavender. Also been grinding up pine cone seeds in a grinder and making pills from clear capsules but now after reading your Post going for it! I'm ordering it rt now!!!
Thanks Brother!!!

I've edited my post about turpentine to include a bit more info and to clean up some typos. I'm happy for anybody that finds this info of some use, it's been very useful for me.

I'm curious about your home made tea tree oil, is this a natural remedy recipe?

Well, it's that time of year again! Since, We had such a mild winter up her in the Midwest. They are predicting that the fleas, ticks, etc. will be bad this summer. What tips, do those of you that spend a lot of time in the back woods have for repelling ticks?
I mowed and weedeated all day yesterday and found 14 ticks on my shoes and pantlegs throughout the day i keep a gallon of degreaser outside to drop them in kills them
Instantly so does carb/brake cleaner.
I never have seen the sheer number of ticks like i have this year mild winter i suspect is the cause found
Dozens in the woods when i cut tree's.
I made six trips around the perimeter of my house with home defense it works i found none on my porches or in the house.

I've edited my post about turpentine to include a bit more info and to clean up some typos. I'm happy for anybody that finds this info of some use, it's been very useful for me.

I'm curious about your home made tea tree oil, is this a natural remedy recipe?
I just used Tea tree oil on some Carpenter ant bites I had that were itchy as hell and it seemed to help with the itch better than any thing I ever tried.

Crack that's some scary situation there!! Shows we have a Very Very serious problem. Health agency's are keeping this quiet because of the link to Bio-Weapons research. Went thru this with cytomegalovirus in the late 80's thru till '94 when I cured it with Oxygen Therapy.
Tea Tree oil is at the top of the list IMHO in anti-microbial action. It was used by the Australian Army in WW1. Soldiers had it in their medical kits. Was used for everything! I've used it for 25 years usually in my Personal Vaporizer for flu's. Never has not worked!! Most amazing stuff! Smells a little like Turpentine or Kerosene but I'm used to it. In fact a bottle I have tipped over and the table still smells of it from the eye dropper being degraded from it! lol Use it.......few drops in any liguid! Strong ant-fungal......bacterial......and viral.

Been doing what Dr. Klinghardt discovered while trying to defeat Lyme disease and it works lie a charm!!!
When I was in Hawaii after graduating from Iolani School in '68.... the guy whose family I lived with in Kaneohe , Greg BBlomgren, was a fantastic Scuba diver. We used to go out Kahana Bay out Country (North Shore where Weimeha is and the HUGE waves) and hunt Moray eels. Blomgren was obsessed with killing these immense eels. I think as a kid he had a close call with one. Anyway attacking these Lyme Spirochetes is very similar!! Klinghardt is amazing!! He figured out using essential oils with Bacterial killing properties to kill these Bastards!! The Bb Spirochete feeds on Fatty Acids. They can't distinguish say Oil of Oregano from Soy bean Oil. When the little blob of oil flows thru your arteries the Parasite lunges out from hiding in the walls and eats the oil and dies!!!
Took a brilliant guy likie Dr. Klinghardt to figure it out. He has a PHD in immunology and an MD from Frieburg U. in Germany. His early medical practice was in India where he learned Indian Medicine( Hot and Cold states). So he wasn't ruined by our Moronic "Drug Medicine!"
If you cut firewood in the woods spray your boots and pants up to your knees, at least, with Pyrethrin!!! Trust me!!!! You do not want to get infected with these MONSTERS!! I 'm not exagerating!!! These TICKS are your worst enemy!!!

I can usually feel these guys crawling on me and get them off before the attach themselves. Pulled one off my neck last nite, heading into my hair. Seems these critters look for hair somewhere to nest in and escape early detection that way. .
The problem though Chuck is the Nymph!! They're TINY!!! Small as a sesame seed and just as infective as the mid size and adult. LW and a few others have the rt idea with the Peppermint and Pyrethrin!
I have 3 cats that all hunt. I'm rt up against a huge Holler with woods that go alll the way out to you guys! Big virgin trees down in there and 3 abandoned old trout hatcheries. These cats camp out on my butcher block couch and bed upstairs. I mean I was getting firewood in a pretty remote woods over in the Kingston Town Forest but I could have got this bite from one of the cats in my bed!
I've taken to washing my comforter here on the couch and bedding up stairs in some Peppermint. Have a bottle of it and add it to the Amway soap along with about 4 oz of 3% H202!
All Mint has Anti-Spirochete properties! And Sassafrass is one of the MAIN HERBS for Lyme!!!

Despite taking precautions, I may have early stages. I didn't actually see a tick, but instead saw a tiny irritation last Friday. Monday I woke up to the typical rash and went to urgent care. They ordered a blood test but decided to wait on Doxy. Long story short, the rash got worse and I got feverish. I'm on 21 days of Doxy (started last night). The blood test was inconclusive (they usually are at first).

I'm in Penn Yan, ny and will likely be one of the cases out of Yates County.

Back