Ticks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Show it . Every insect I seen goes dormant when cold they have no thermogenics no way to make heat . https://www.bing.com/images/search?...cold&simid=608001726651697673&selectedIndex=4 I never seen insect do any thing in the cold . I would like to see it . There are a few plants that can make heat
I hear your argument.... But there's a guy up in Minnesota that has had ticks on him in January on a sunny day! Friend of mine (AS Member) over in Kingston had ticks on his dog "Dexter" in February!

You can have it tested
Swansonvitamins.com 1-800-437-4148 has Andrographis Paniculata!!! It will stop an infection!! Simply make a poulice with an opened capsule and tape it on the bite!
Everyone who spends time in the woods should have this herb available!!!!!! Can literally save your life!!!

Antibiotic-Indications-and-Dose1 copy.jpg Here is a good reference to vet/animal antibiotics. Doxy is BIRD-BIOTIC.

Be careful using any of these. Get a US Pharma source, allergies can kill you, old/improperly stored antibiotics can kill you, and know dosage and treatment indications (what they treat).

There are many antibiotics, but which antibiotics accessible to the average person would be good additions to your medical storage? Each antibiotic belongs to its own family and is useful for different ailments. Here are some common antibiotics (available in veterinary form without a prescription) that you will want in your medical arsenal and their veterinary equivalent:

Amoxicillin 500mg/Fish-Mox Forte

Amoxicillin 250mg AND 500mg (FISH-MOX, FISH-MOX FORTE)

Ciprofloxacin 250mg and 500mg (FISH-FLOX, FISH-FLOX FORTE)

Cephalexin 250mg and 500mg (FISH-FLEX, FISH-FLEX FORTE)

Metronidazole 250mg (FISH-ZOLE)

Doxycycline 100mg (BIRD-BIOTIC)

Ampicillin 250mg and 500mg (FISH-CILLIN, FISH-CILLIN FORTE)

Clindamycin 300mg (FISH-CIN)

Sulfamethoxazole 400mg/Trimethoprin 80mg (BIRD-SULFA)

Azithromycin 250mg (AQUATIC AZITHROMYCIN)

There are various others that you can choose, but the selections above will give you the opportunity to treat many illnesses and have enough variety so that even those with Penicillin allergies with have options. Cephalexin, although not in the same drug family as Penicillin, has been quoted as having a 10% cross-reactivity rate; that is, a person allergic to Penicillin will have a 10% chance of being allergic to Cephalexin.

In recent developments, Doxycycline recently had a huge price increase and is now available in 100mg powder packets instead of tablets/capsules. That is the human dose, but I haven’t evaluated a sample of it as of yet.Antibiotic-Indications-and-Dose1 copy.jpg

View attachment 585967 Here is a good reference to vet/animal antibiotics. Doxy is BIRD-BIOTIC.

Be careful using any of these. Get a US Pharma source, allergies can kill you, old/improperly stored antibiotics can kill you, and know dosage and treatment indications (what they treat).

There are many antibiotics, but which antibiotics accessible to the average person would be good additions to your medical storage? Each antibiotic belongs to its own family and is useful for different ailments. Here are some common antibiotics (available in veterinary form without a prescription) that you will want in your medical arsenal and their veterinary equivalent:

There are various others that you can choose, but the selections above will give you the opportunity to treat many illnesses and have enough variety so that even those with Penicillin allergies with have options. Cephalexin, although not in the same drug family as Penicillin, has been quoted as having a 10% cross-reactivity rate; that is, a person allergic to Penicillin will have a 10% chance of being allergic to Cephalexin.

In recent developments, Doxycycline recently had a huge price increase and is now available in 100mg powder packets instead of tablets/capsules. That is the human dose, but I haven’t evaluated a sample of it as of yet.View attachment 585967
Are you a Pharmacist or Physician?

View attachment 585967 Here is a good reference to vet/animal antibiotics. Doxy is BIRD-BIOTIC.

In recent developments, Doxycycline recently had a huge price increase and is now available in 100mg powder packets instead of tablets/capsules. That is the human dose, but I haven’t evaluated a sample of it as of yet.View attachment 585967
The super impregnated Flouride antibiotics levafloxin and ciprofloxin are banned in Europe due to the High concentration of Flouride! You can get flouride poisoning from them which I did.
Even the FDA has "Red Flagged" them, which is saying something as they are in bed with the Drug Co's! Just saying beware!!! You can get very sick from them! I ended up in the ERoom extremely sick from the second course of levafloxin!!!
I get periodic ablation treatments on my back up in Boston at Boston Medical and had developed high levels of flouride from them.....un beknownest to me!

War on ticks, mosquitoes, stinging scorpions and fleas.

I have to use several tactics with care to fight off ticks, fleas, scorpins, mosquitos, rats, mice in my neck of the woods.

Bifen IT, Tick granules for the yard dispersed with a seeder, (seeder disperses in a pattern and saves many pounds of granules), Permethrin on clothes, Seresto collar on dogs, Frontline on cats, cats for rats/mice, thermacell during hot weather deer hunting.

I shot a 300 lb fat feral Boar hog few days ago and could not believe the amount of ticks on that animal.
The animal really looked clean and not wearing any mud like some hogs until I got closer and seen all the attached ticks. Most of the ticks were medium sized. Almost all of the ticks seemed to be not getting any blood, just stuck on that animal for the ride or hitch hiking. A few ticks on his head were swelled with blood, but the ones on the body were not getting much blood. That animal had to be carrying all kinds of tick borne diseases with so many ticks attached.:surprised3::eek:

Back