Times have sure changed here.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damifino

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Times have sure changed. Years back there was always a good oil thread go'in on with fists flying and Husqvarna and Stihl ruled. Now nobody wants to talk oil and Dolmar/Makita and Echo make the superior saw.

Lol....Dolmar and Echo may be superior to the others but it's still pretty close.

I agree with all. I'm not brand loyal. I own 1 Jonsereds saw, 1 Husqvarna saw, 1 Dolmar saw, 1 Stihl leaf blower and Stihl weed whip. I do love my Dolmar saw though and if I needed another saw (and wish I did) I would look first at Dolkita and Echo. Great reviews on these saws. We, myself included get hung up on our ego too much.

I agree with all. I'm not brand loyal. I own 1 Jonsereds saw, 1 Husqvarna saw, 1 Dolmar saw, 1 Stihl leaf blower and Stihl weed whip. I do love my Dolmar saw though and if I needed another saw (and wish I did) I would look first at Dolkita and Echo. Great reviews on these saws. We, myself included get hung up on our ego too much.[/QUOTE

most here would agree ....I would proudly own any of the saws listed ... there all good and comes down to handling and preference .........saw on............ and 32:1 to 40:1 on your favorite brand of oil ...........would like to try one of them their solo 681 saws myself ;)

It really has, air injection was not a good concept, spring a/v wouldn't hold up. Rubber was better... quad port cylinders were only good for peak rpm use. Believe it or not the 200t was a failed design with all its problems. Seems like every day their was a 346xp vs ms260 thread

I have heard Rumors in Dark Alleys, that there are OTHER Saws Besides Husqvarna and Stihl, but surely that is just Blasphemy and Hersey;)

What are these Dolmar/Makita and Echo of which you speak?:confused:

Now you're Not REALLY gonna Stir the Schitt Pot with an OIL Thread are you:eek::(:(:(

Some people's Mommas, jus didn't teach them any manners;):):):)

Doug :cheers:

All ofher oil sucks compared to redline. PAO and Esters keep the piston and cylinder cleaner and protect better than any group 3 based oil. Guaranteed

The only reason the big saw companies don’t use esters and PAO in their base oil is because the prices will go way up.

You get what you pay for and oil additives are nothing without top of the line base stocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back