to good of a price

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

142TN

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I like to save a buck or two but this sounds to good . It is at surpluscenters.com and they call it a log splitter cylinder the size is 3x18x1.5 for 39.95. has any one used one or know of someone that has. for that price I would lerry. thanks clint

I am new at this posting sorry I do not know how but the item # 9-7178

thanks for the link i am not very good on a computer. just on ebay and there is the same cylinder form the same place for 52.00 buy now plus 26.00 in shipping.

It looks like the products from Surplus Center, could be new, new old stock, or used. These cylinders look old stock or used. I couldn't tell from the description what they really are. If you were wanting to only split wood that was straight grained without knots and shorter than 18 inches. I guess this would work. If you have a good size engine and pump, I would look for a bigger cylinder to better suit your needs. :cheers:

I agree that it does not look like any cylinder that i have seen on a splitter or that it would be very stong. I am in the start of making a splitter and i think i am going with a 3.5x20x1.5 tie rod cylinder. have got all of the steel just waiting on time and money. the cylinder is my next thing.

Latest posts

Back