today's gasoline is total garbage!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our so called government of the people is paying the oil companies for every gallon of ethenol that they mix with gasoline.

The figure .54 cents per gallon sticks in my mind, but don't hold me to that, I am doing this from memory.

Our government has been doing this since the ethenol crap started, so how much money has been paid out?

There was a recent article about the fact that the oil companies was buying ethenol from Brazil.

So much for energy independence which was the reason this ethenol blanding was started anyway.

I am fortunate to has a ethenol free station about 20 miles from here.

My saws run better and my car gets better gas mileage on ethenol free.

Last edited:
It's all part of a government mandated bailout of our corn industry. Ethanol in our gas, sweeteners from corn, and the list goes on....

Uh, the government or the "Eco-maniacs" aren't quite the ones responsible for gas prices being so high.

Find it funny my local gas station has a little sticker trying to place the blame of high gas prices on taxes, "you're paying 52 cents per gallon in taxes".

Yea, THAT is the reason it's high, not the other $3.48/gal profit you're making off it.

Anyway, for my occasional use, I do like the Tru-fuel and Motomix cans. :)

Luckily, here in MN I can get high octane non-oxygenated (no ethanol) fuel at the pump. It's what I run in all my small motors.

I believe it was Forbes that just came out with a report that oil future speculators are currently responsible for $23 per barrel in the cost of crude oil. Lots of factors play into fuel prices.

I believe it was Forbes that just came out with a report that oil future speculators are currently responsible for $23 per barrel in the cost of crude oil. Lots of factors play into fuel prices.

Anyone with a simple investment account can buy gasoline or oil futures with the ETFs they have now such as UGA and OIL, so there are lots of non-millionaires bumping ( or pulling down ) the price as well. Nobody complains when those people sell or short.

Anyone with a simple investment account can buy gasoline or oil futures with the ETFs they have now such as UGA and OIL, so there are lots of non-millionaires bumping ( or pulling down ) the price as well. Nobody complains when those people sell or short.

You are correct. By using the word "speculators," I was not distinguishing based on a speculator's wealth.

You are correct. By using the word "speculators," I was not distinguishing based on a speculator's wealth.

Right. I wasn't knocking your post, just pointing out to people that even the little guy can get in on investing in gasoline, or protect oneself against a big increase in gas prices if you use a bunch in business or daily life.

i went to my local small engine shop that i have been a customer since i was 12 ,the owner said you have to see this,so i went in the back,i was shocked,i can safely say there was at least 75 gas trimmers,blowers,cultivators and chainsaws,she told me this new gas is really causing carb and fuel line problems,it just made me a little more disgusted at these oil companies,they take a gallon of 1980's gas and cut it with all these additives and 15% ethanol and make five gallons out of it and charge 4 times what it is worth and rape everybody at the pump!!!,i guess i am just disgusted with the record profit making oil companies, "i guess a man's gotta eat"!

It's all fine!

Buy fresh/mix weekly, IT HAS STABILIZER/WSNAKE OIL , and replace your fuel parts EVERY YEAR.

Me, I've ran AV gas for 15 years now. And I have a 028 and several 038s/056s with OEM carb/rubber parts, that came with the saws. MY MIX IS FINE FOR > 6 MONTHS, MAYBE A YEAR

P.S. The 036s, Fs 66 and BR400 are 15 + years old too

Last edited:
weird thing is my older stuff runs fine the newer stuf like my ms200 and 192 and my insight run like crap on 10% ethenol thanks for the alki free site to bad nearest is corpus, will try the seperation though makes since since we used rubing alki to dispers water in fuel so why not water to disperse alki, my ms 200 runs great one day then next day constantly tuning it, my be humidity with the crap gas,
Paul
were can you get avgas100

Has anyone ever thought that maybe the new stuff is to blame as well and not just the new fuel?

Does coleman "white gas" camp fuel go bad?

Yup, I have cleaned sludge out of many old coleman lanterns that used to be white fuel but I think it takes about 60-70 years to turn. I would think the can would rot away before it actually went bad on you. It is a great cleaner but kind of low on octane for saws.

I have been using 93 premium with 10% ETOH for years in everything from saws to boat. Never had one problem. Just started the old tiller last week. Sat for a year with ½ tank of fuel. No separation, no water, no boogiee men. Started first pull. Ethanol is the ultimate scape goat.

I will officially complain. so now there is at least one person complaining.

I own no stock, no muni bonds, never will. won't own stock because I listened to all my elders and how the nation got ripped off and bankrupted by the federal reserve and their butt buddies on wall street back in the first big depression. And got away with it. Then pulled off a all the sides funded by the same fatcats huge "world war". I vowed back then as a kid...no wall street stocks, won't support that action nor blood profits.

It's a nice theory, in practice, today...scam ripoffs. Feeding the beast. Computerized microsecond flash trading...it's crapola. Government "debt" that all of us supposedly "owe" with no say so in it, and it doesn't matter which secret magic formula of corrupt Ds or Rs are "in power" at any one time, so the vote is a big fat joke.

I won't own government paper because I believe if you can't afford it now, don't spend the tax payers money. Pay as you go with a balanced budget, littlest burg up to the feds. They can't pay NOW what they supposedly need to spend, adding interest to the future debt load is ripping off children today who aren't even in the workforce yet, heck, it's gonna ripoff babies who aren't even born yet.

Not one share, not one bond, T bill, nothing.

There are other investments one can make.

FWIW, Walmart around here has those 32oz pre-mixed fuel cans for like $5... Beats the hell out of paying $7 each + shipping online...

Luckily, though, we also have a Co-Op here that sells non-E 91 octane fuel, as well...

Mike

Our so called government of the people is paying the oil companies for every gallon of ethenol that they mix with gasoline.

The figure .54 cents per gallon sticks in my mind, but don't hold me to that, I am doing this from memory.

Since you mentioned it, the $.45 per gal. Federal subsidy for E expired end of last year. Now Big Oil has to pay market value and the E producers are on their own to survive. E plants have already started reducing production levels and in some cases close, because demand for gas has dropped as the prices go up and there is a major surplus of the stuff. Also corn prices are dropping as demand for E goes down. The party is over for E makers and the Agri Conglomerates that supplied them.

There is still a Federally mandated amount of pump gas that must be mixed with E, until that goes away, and it might, Big Oil will comply with it until they achieve that minimum. Then, I assume it will be a business decision based on their costs whether they continue to add the E or not.

People, before E-10 we had MTBE which was even worse. If MTBE got into the ground it will screw your well for years. Not a fan of E-10, but when compared to the alternative, at least it won't contaminate a drinking well.

easy fix:

Go to a NAPA, buy either a can of Seafoam or Lucas Gas Stabilizer and add it to the fresh pumped gas in your can. Your gas problems are gone. I add it to the gas after I fill my 5 gallon gas cans and have zero problems (even after gas has been sitting for 8-9 months like in my snowmobiles).

bob

Since you mentioned it, the $.45 per gal. Federal subsidy for E expired end of last year. Now Big Oil has to pay market value and the E producers are on their own to survive. E plants have already started reducing production levels and in some cases close, because demand for gas has dropped as the prices go up and there is a major surplus of the stuff. Also corn prices are dropping as demand for E goes down. The party is over for E makers and the Agri Conglomerates that supplied them.

There is still a Federally mandated amount of pump gas that must be mixed with E, until that goes away, and it might, Big Oil will comply with it until they achieve that minimum. Then, I assume it will be a business decision based on their costs whether they continue to add the E or not.
That is the best news I've heard in a long time!! It was worth reading the entire post just to get to it. For now, though, I travel 85mi one way to get ethanol-free 93octane Mobil. FWIW, I had a 920J'red that ran flawlessly since new (mid 1980's) with never a fuel related problem. The carb & fuel line were all original. It never saw ethanol!

a guy brought a push mower into the shop today and the fuel line on it is just plain mush

Uh, the government or the "Eco-maniacs" aren't quite the ones responsible for gas prices being so high.

Find it funny my local gas station has a little sticker trying to place the blame of high gas prices on taxes, "you're paying 52 cents per gallon in taxes".

Yea, THAT is the reason it's high, not the other $3.48/gal profit you're making off it.

Anyway, for my occasional use, I do like the Tru-fuel and Motomix cans. :)

The .gov is the single entity that profits the most from gas sales. It doesn't magically appear at the pump.....

You have to drill for it (costs money), pump it (costs money), move it through a pipeline or barge to a refinery (costs money), refine it (costs money), distribute it (costs money), retail it (costs money). The most profit any one of those steps is less that 10 cents/gallon yet the gov gets five times that for just getting in the way......

I just found a local source for non-ethanol 93 octane pump gas at $50/5 gal (includes plastic carboy). Still high, but at ~ $8/gallon just for the fuel, much better than $25/gallon for SEF 94.

And yes, they do ship.

www.hyperfuels.com

Back