today's gasoline is total garbage!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have yet to have a problem! use 93 octane (supposedly 10% ethanol) and husqvarna LS which has fuel stabilizer. i have ran my 350 for six years and have never ever had a problem! havent had to do a carb kit, just replaced the fuel line last year for piece of mind. most the problems are from owner/ operator not knowing what they are doin!

me neither,,, i get mine at shell and also add marine stabil to it if it is going to sit for a few months,,, i use echo power blend which has a stabilizer in it,,

i went to my local small engine shop that i have been a customer since i was 12 ,the owner said you have to see this,so i went in the back,i was shocked,i can safely say there was at least 75 gas trimmers,blowers,cultivators and chainsaws,she told me this new gas is really causing carb and fuel line problems,it just made me a little more disgusted at these oil companies,they take a gallon of 1980's gas and cut it with all these additives and 15% ethanol and make five gallons out of it and charge 4 times what it is worth and rape everybody at the pump!!!,i guess i am just disgusted with the record profit making oil companies, "i guess a man's gotta eat"!

sorry but that just isnt so. the government ashured us ethenal is not harmfull to small engines nor big engines for that matter,the do not hyper inflate gas prices to purposely gouge us.all those machine you seen were not actually there it is all a figment of your imagination. now go back to going thru life with blinders on.

we have one station left selling non ethenal.but its .50 cent higher than regular?! so i have to pay more to not get the additives?! sorry i was tempted to go postal,will drink some ethenal and come back later.

we have one station left selling non ethenal.but its .50 cent higher than regular?! so i have to pay more to not get the additives?! sorry i was tempted to go postal,will drink some ethenal and come back later.

But you're basically getting the same amount of gas for your money, so sounds like a fair deal to me! There hasn't been an ethanol-free station around me for a while !:bang:

If you cant get eth free or AV fuel yer screwed. E-10 forced down yer throat, like it or not. Garbage.
Individual liberties are endagered and dwindling one by one , choice...and free markets used to trump the big nanny state know it alls , not so much nowdays.

trufuel direct ships fairly reasonable, as well as the vp stuff. TruFuel

The .gov is the single entity that profits the most from gas sales. It doesn't magically appear at the pump.....

You have to drill for it (costs money), pump it (costs money), move it through a pipeline or barge to a refinery (costs money), refine it (costs money), distribute it (costs money), retail it (costs money). The most profit any one of those steps is less that 10 cents/gallon yet the gov gets five times that for just getting in the way......

I just found a local source for non-ethanol 93 octane pump gas at $50/5 gal (includes plastic carboy). Still high, but at ~ $8/gallon just for the fuel, much better than $25/gallon for SEF 94.

And yes, they do ship.

www.hyperfuels.com

So how did we get gas when it was .87/gal in the late 90's? Does it REALLY take $3/gal for it to get to my car now?

Somehow I find it difficult to feel sorry for or have sympathy for a company making 15 BILLION in quarterly profits. :msp_sleep:

Since you mentioned it, the $.45 per gal. Federal subsidy for E expired end of last year. Now Big Oil has to pay market value and the E producers are on their own to survive. E plants have already started reducing production levels and in some cases close, because demand for gas has dropped as the prices go up and there is a major surplus of the stuff. Also corn prices are dropping as demand for E goes down. The party is over for E makers and the Agri Conglomerates that supplied them.

There is still a Federally mandated amount of pump gas that must be mixed with E, until that goes away, and it might, Big Oil will comply with it until they achieve that minimum. Then, I assume it will be a business decision based on their costs whether they continue to add the E or not.

That is good information to have. Thanks.... Maybe some of the ethanol blended gas will go away.

Another E-fuel hater thread...I took my FS 85 trimmer out this past Saturday. I has sat since last October. It started on the second pull and ran just fine with last fall's fuel- E10 w/Ultra. I have a shop full of saws that aren't started for months at a time and they start and run just fine. I started a 123 that hadn't been run in 9-10 months- again, E10 w/Ultra- started and ran just as well as if it had fresh mix.
I'm not going to argue the economics of ethanol; I don't like that either, but as a for the damage caused by E-laced gas, the problems are greatly exagerated. I just go back to one of my college teachers discussing causation and correlation, and saying: "the rooster crows and the sun comes up, and you will never convince him he didn't make the sun rise."

Back