took some scrap to the junk yard..made 10 dollars and then came home with this...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

torence 20

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
well the title pretty much says it all. i was told the unit was brought in yesterday and the guy claimed that the motor is shot but everything else works great... seems like the connecting rod is gone havent opend it up yet looks like a wisconsin to me but the tag is gone any of you know what model this engine is so i can buy parts. thanks guys only have one pic rite now

Attachments

• downsized_0918051024.jpg
    downsized_0918051024.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 628
im sure it would. and thats more then likely the route i will take, but if i can find a rod for not much money then what the hell..

Is that tank on top the reservoir or am I not seeing straight?

ha ha well it will come in handy when the log lift, hoist and possibly 4 or 6 way and stack of valves are added

old iron, I had one home made deal I picked up like this. The crazy thing would probably split a railroad tie :surprised3:

Looks like a Kohler to me, though I'm more familiar with 4 cylinder Wisconsins, never seen a 1 lunger.

well the title pretty much says it all. i was told the unit was brought in yesterday and the guy claimed that the motor is shot but everything else works great... seems like the connecting rod is gone havent opend it up yet looks like a wisconsin to me but the tag is gone any of you know what model this engine is so i can buy parts. thanks guys only have one pic rite now
Does it look like this? It is a Wisconsin but I don't know the model/details on it. I can get a photo of the tag later today if you're interested.Picture 008.jpg Picture 009.jpg

you're lucky, my scrapyard won't let us take anything out of the pile, even to pay for it.

One time I saw a whole bundle of quarter inch 2x2 tubing, brand new still in the banding.....waiting to be shredded.

Nice!! I put a 10hp Briggs on mine for about $650ish I believe. It changed my life having a new engine on there. The old engine would run but it was always tough to get it running and it burned oil bad!!! New engine when you can afford is highly recommended for less head aches and better sleep! Awesome find!

From what I can see in the picture it looks like a Wisconsin.
Personally, I wouldn't mess with it, there's likely more problems than the rod... worn rings and valves, crank bearings and seals, carb issues, and whatnot. All of those things make them hard to start, and without a recoil, wrapping the rope each time?? If I could do a little carb work and make it run, I'd use it. But if it needed opening up to repair, and given the possible problems finding parts... I'd slap on a Harbor Freight knock-off and toss that old Wisconsin under the bench for a rainy-day, time-killin', beer-sippin' project.

I'm with Spidey, do you wanna split wood or tinker with an antique obsolete engine all day that's a pain to start and parts are NLA? I say with the money you saved find a nice Kohler or Honda that's on a paint sprayer or such instead of a chicom engine. Good find man!

Back