Top 10 reason I burn wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why? Is it because it it's one of the red ones they made?

Awwwwww, c'mon. You already made the guy's doggie commit hari kari by self-inflected swirlie. No need to add insult to injury.

My judgment for your kind of behavior:

01cyberbully2502.jpg

Last edited:
attachment.php

OK lets totally hijack this thread......

Among my top 10 reasons for heating with wood is we have a Crawford Century cookstove that cooks all our meals from Oct. through April, even May and June.

Seeing as this post is relevant to the OP, have I hijacked a hijack attempt?

Yeah its Woodboogas fault!:buttkick:

He and Avalancher always seem to hijack threads. Even after I created one just for them.

No bad Laird...I mean from the looks of your avatar ...still suffering from a bad case of that severe rectal caranial inversion...did I say that?

Hey..I've hijacked a few threads in my day too....
At least they post! Who cares what the content is...
Talk about hijacking....look at this monster gill my Dad caught last night....said it was the biggest he ever caught...went a tad over 11"
DSC02976.jpg

DSC02984.jpg

Last edited:
We better keep it down before the muslim in chief taxes every house with a woodburning chimney. Don't think he won't do it. Praise allah the illegal aliens and vacant stare feminine crowd elected him. They let illegal aliens vote in maryland. I'm leaving soon. To stay on topic, I doubt many illegal aliens burn wood. But if they did, it would be a huge crowd of grinning people standing around 1 stove. Just the facts. If you don't believe me come to baltimore. It's like rent a kennel.

Me and some one work were just talking about Baltimore because we have both been there. We talked about the "types" of people there but used alot less kind words. Camden yards is beautiful but thats about it.

back to the topic at hand........

you guys have left out one of the best things about wood heat! while its nice on days that are 0F its even better on days that are 45degrees and raining. that damp just soaks in and makes me cold. i currently rent and we have oil heat (but the landlord pays for it). but i can remember growing up with wood heat lighting fires even in may and june to take the damp and chill off of a room. i cant wait to own a house and heat the way i want.

back to the topic at hand........

you guys have left out one of the best things about wood heat! while its nice on days that are 0F its even better on days that are 45degrees and raining. that damp just soaks in and makes me cold. i currently rent and we have oil heat (but the landlord pays for it). but i can remember growing up with wood heat lighting fires even in may and june to take the damp and chill off of a room. i cant wait to own a house and heat the way i want.

I hear ya singin!
I'm still heating myself to take the chill off at night up here in northern Mn.

10. The exercise
09. The feeling that your labors are rewarded
08. A reason to get out of the house and do something
07. Blow off stress
06. Be able to use power tools :greenchainsaw:
05. Heat when the power goes out
04. Heat that penetrates (72 with wood feels allot warmer then 72 with propain)
03. Living Heat
02. Being able to grill when it is -30 outside (The Harman I own is a top loader with a grill insert)
01. Use allot less PROPAIN :buttkick:

10. The exercise
09. The feeling that your labors are rewarded
08. A reason to get out of the house and do something
07. Blow off stress
06. Be able to use power tools :greenchainsaw:
05. Heat when the power goes out
04. Heat that penetrates (72 with wood feels allot warmer then 72 with propain)
03. Living Heat
02. Being able to grill when it is -30 outside (The Harman I own is a top loader with a grill insert)
01. Use allot less PROPAIN :buttkick:

not many guys can claim your #2!!!!!
and I'll admit propane is totally Pro-Pain!

One more thing I have to add to the list: The woodstove is great for drying laundry. Just put a load of laundry on one of those folding racks by the woodstove and it drys pretty quick. So, in addition to the furnace, the dryer can also sit idle.

One more thing I have to add to the list: The woodstove is great for drying laundry. Just put a load of laundry on one of those folding racks by the woodstove and it drys pretty quick. So, in addition to the furnace, the dryer can also sit idle.

I do the folding rack by the woodstove routine too. And in warmer months, I do the rack under the ceiling fan routine. I've never even owned a dryer.

I do the folding rack by the woodstove routine too. And in warmer months, I do the rack under the ceiling fan routine. I've never even owned a dryer.

Actually, I don't own a dryer either. On a warm sunny day, I'll put the rack out on the deck.

Never though of the ceiling fan idea; gonna try that. Thanks. :cheers:

Our dryer, bought used as part of a w-d set is still out in the barn. Should prolly sell it for a couple bucks in a barn sale.

We do the same in the heating season and put the clothes out to dry on a line in the summer. Only real inconvenience is when we get caught in a rainy strech like now. There's a low pressure system off Nantucket that's parked there til like Wednesday, tossing showers inland for the duration. Been raining for over a week already. Lawn's green and the woodpile's starting to sprout mushrooms.

Latest posts

Back