topped cedars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A friend of mine in Arkansas sent me these photos. asking what could be done.
The trees where "illegally" topped years back. as you can see there dying off but because of lake shore laws they cannot be removed. do you think dead wooding and retopping the dead out of them would be a good idea.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
The trees where "illegally" topped years back. as you can see there dying off but because of lake shore laws they cannot be removed. do you think dead wooding and retopping the dead out of them would be a good idea.
attachment.php

attachment.php
I guees they were topped for a better lake view ,now they got a dead tree view some people just don't get it..

Them there Lee trees, UGLee.
I would retop to the next green limb too. Do it once a year until you have a bunch of seats, add a fire pit ring and have a blast.

LT...

attachment.php

attachment.php

i live in Arkansas. and I can proudly say i did not do that. but i have seen people here even top pine tree's

Looks like Hot Springs village! I have seen many lake lots done that way and have been asked to do so many times. The problem stems from common property is controlled by a lady with some arboriculture certification that will not let any tree be cut. The rules say they can trim for lake views but no cutting. These people bought these homes when the understory
was cutover and had a good view and are now losing it. The poa does not want the trees cut mainly for erosion issues.

I hear ya boss, can he get away with retopping them I wonder? do the property associations have a fit over that there? I am not sure if he is in hot springs area ither . the house is owned by a brother of a good friend of mine. what would you do to them rope?

Last edited:
I hear ya boss, can he get away with retopping them I wonder? do the property associations have a fit over that there? I am not sure if he is in hot springs area ither . the house is owned by a brother of a good friend of mine. what would you do to them rope?

What ever my customer asked however I would check with the owner of the land they are on and document permissions granted. Personally, I, if over the management would let the cut the ones affecting view and leave secondary understory for erosion as well as the debris if it was not an eye sore. You can not blame the owner of these high end lots that paid dearly for lake views to not get them but leaving unsightly snags while good for woodpecker production seems counter productive in establishing beautiful vistas.

Do the rules prohibit removing dead trees? There might be an easier solution than topping a little each year...

[For a reasonable fee, I have been know to assassinate undetectably a few trees. What part of Arkansas should I plan on visiting?]

Do the rules prohibit removing dead trees? There might be an easier solution than topping a little each year...

[For a reasonable fee, I have been know to assassinate undetectably a few trees. What part of Arkansas should I plan on visiting?]

Lol so Dr. of death what is yer price?:monkey:

$90 plus roadtime. Non-descript fatality assured over an extended period of time. Slow death that defies diagnosis, except for those pesky borer holes all over the trunk. I have a punch set that can be sized to the borer pest desired.

On the other hand, sometimes we can deliver sudden death that resembles a good lightning strike. Leaves just wilt and fold down. Not sure how that would work on cedars.

[Actually, I'm mostly kidding here. I've only assassinated a couple of trees for customers.]

$90 plus roadtime. Non-descript fatality assured over an extended period of time. Slow death that defies diagnosis, except for those pesky borer holes all over the trunk. I have a punch set that can be sized to the borer pest desired.

On the other hand, sometimes we can deliver sudden death that resembles a good lightning strike. Leaves just wilt and fold down. Not sure how that would work on cedars.

[Actually, I'm mostly kidding here. I've only assassinated a couple of trees for customers.]
Awwwwwww the good old days of sugar cube spike very throwable lol just kidding too:monkey:

Oust in water balloons is fun, but it makes a heck of a dead spot in the grass. (deep root feeding of Karmex at the root flare...slow death from water insoluble herbicide...no traces at the surface)

If you are squinting to read this, it means you want to learn how to assassinate trees too!

Oust in water balloons is fun, but it makes a heck of a dead spot in the grass. (deep root feeding of Karmex at the root flare...slow death from water insoluble herbicide...no traces at the surface)

If you are squinting to read this, it means you want to learn how to assassinate trees too!

Lol we had a guy write some stuff in the yard with a sprayer a long time ago the home owner was not happy the guy was a great hand but was fired. The customer was a azz ho easy to see how the incident occurred but even though it was funny it stunk for him in the end!

Latest posts

Back