Trade two for one???? 440's for new 441 or 460???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run an 044 and a 440. Yes there is a little weight difference compared with the 460. And a greater power too. The 460 usually wears a 24 or 28 inch bar. If your cutting all day long with an 044/440 then grab a 460 with the same length bar you can tell it's heavier.

That said, I will never sell my 046 it's a great saw. Same goes with the 044 and 440.
Keep both and get a new 460. My 2 cents.:greenchainsaw:

It's a CAD thing.....I would like to see how the 460 compares to the 440 and I just would like it in the lineup . Both 440s have factory DP mufflers, so I would pull it off the one I sell and put it on the 460. Does anyone that runs both even notice the extra weight of the 460?

..................................been thinking about what all STIHL guys wished their lineup finished with, everyone knows what 440x2= 880!!Wife might question the "usefulness" of that one though!!

Back in 1989 I walked in the house/garage with a brand new 064 and 084. That's when the wife walked out. The only reget from that is when I sold the 084 six years later, I still miss it, but not the wife.:)

I bought a nice used 441 last Wednesday for $375.00 with a 20 inch bar. Will change to a 24 inch. This saw is heaver than my 440, but just can't resist a deal. Used it today, seems strange with the 20 inch bar. May even go to a 28 inch.

Back in 1989 I walked in the house/garage with a brand new 064 and 084. That's when the wife walked out. The only reget from that is when I sold the 084 six years later, I still miss it, but not the wife.:)

ROFL!!:clap:

Some women just don't understand......I tell my wife they are for work, she does get suspicious sometimes. Especially since I only do tree work part time!

Latest posts

Back