Tree removal pics.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't have to get too far into the video to imagine the cost. The government paid for that one going by the walkway.
I would like to know how far above the ground the walkway is as there are tree tops just reaching it. Day 3 and the trunk is pretty thick even at that elevation.
Even with the logging here most jobs are word of mouth and cold calling.
Those Mountain Ash are pretty wide spread.

Some small Mountain Ash.

buckland0809094.jpg

I was feeling they are at two hundred foot at least where they are in the vid and may have been near three day 1 and 2 very impressive height but after 20 foot your just as dead that is how I stay focused at over 100 foot and would still be telling myself that at 3 hundy. I would not climb that tree without plenty of safe guards snubbing it from movement. It appeared they had them in place and likely used some type of resistograph to check for decay. The hard part would be bombing the chunks without hitting snubbing lines and being loaded so long on spurs. I am certain the money would corrupt me though lol:cheers:

I was feeling they are at two hundred foot at least where they are in the vid and may have been near three day 1 and 2 very impressive height but after 20 foot your just as dead that is how I stay focused at over 100 foot and would still be telling myself that at 3 hundy. I would not climb that tree without plenty of safe guards snubbing it from movement. It appeared they had them in place and likely used some type of resistograph to check for decay. The hard part would be bombing the chunks without hitting snubbing lines and being loaded so long on spurs. I am certain the money would corrupt me though lol:cheers:

The first thing I think about when seeing a pic or video like this is what is the condition of the tree internally. From experience crosscutting a fallen tree the rot can be worse at a junction than above it. Yep, you would have to be on the ball for a job like this. Credit to ya's. :cheers:

You did good many times the pavement can get trashed, I would have pieced it down too. The easy way is not always best:cheers:

But you're just thinking of your reputation :biggrinbounce2:

(Yep you got to keep everyone happy)

Did a little more work today at a guys place I know. Took down a Alder, at least I think it was. A Cedar, and a Pine. Good lord what alot of sap, I was covered my gloves arms hair!! Any way here are some pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Climbed and limed up ready to drop the stub.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Saw of choice 372xp 28"

attachment.php

Nice Looking Quiver,,,,

I've been running the Reduced weight Oregon Bars for the last few years and really like them,,,, What do you think about em???? :givebeer:

I quite like it, it wasn't cheap but you get what ya pay for. I really like the balance feel on the 395, feels much better with a 36" hanging off there.

Mountain Ash, tallest hardwood in the world.

The largest known was a tree felled in 1942 in Tasmania at 140 metres (approx 140 yards) yielding 6770 cubic feet and pulped in to 75 tons of news print.

I've read all I can find on the subject of big trees from the old days, and I pretty sure that story is not documented.

However,the tallest known tree in North America was the Mineral Tree, which totalled 393 feet tall. About half of it fell about 1916, then the rest in 1931. It was a Douglas-fir, not far from Mt. Rainier.

By the way, the world's largest tree, The General Sherman sequoia, has about 55,000 cubic feet of mass.

Either way, I'm planning on coming to Brisbane for the 2012 ISA conference, then going down to hang with Graeme for a spell. Maybe I'll bring him a ported 346!!

Latest posts

Back