True storie's, Really?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefflovstrom

It was a beautiful day!
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I thought I would start a thread that deal's with everyday stupidity and unusual event's that happen during the day that sometime's get over looked in the other thread. I will start. :msp_ohmy:

So, I got a good groundie that used to alway's be 1 minute late. I put the hammer down and told him I would write him up if he is not in the yard by 6:30am.
That was about a year ago. Since then, he has been wrote up about 8 time's.
The first time was when I enforced this and he came in the yard at 6:31am.
I wrote him up for being late and his response was, "Only a minute"!
So I asked him if he was late, and he said,"only a minute!"
Clueless! He understand's that if he is gonna be late to call me before time. He also called ahead of time of being late alot, like he understood.
So,I fax the write up to the corporate office and the owner called me and asked why I wrote him up for being 1 minute late. Thought it was kinda harsh.
So I asked what define's being late? He agreed with me.
Anyway, fast forward to yesterday. It is 6:35am and no show or call. So I call him. Ring's alot and goes to voice so I hang up and changing crew size. Not 1 minute later he calls me and say's,"What?"
I asked, "Where are you and you are late."
He said," I just woke up. I will be there in 5 minute's."
So he show;s up 15 minute's later and I told him I had to write him up for being late.
He said that was un-fair because he was asleep and could not call in, because he was asleep!
Really?
Really!
"How can I call in if I am asleep?"
Really?
Yeah.
He declined to sign the write up and went into the office at the end of the day to complain that he was un-fairly wrote up for not calling in because he was asleep!
Really!
Jeff

I got one:

One time I worked for this ####ing ####head ####### mother####er who was so anal he would be upset if I was 1 minute late for work. So I quit after he told the corparate office on me . Then he starts calling me, waking me up , wondering where I was. I told I was sleepin and I guess he didn't get the ####ing memo. if he keeps harrassing me I am gonna file a complaint. Big crazy looking sob too, I think he's outside my window now. :msp_biggrin:

Last edited:
I got one:

One time I worked for this ####ing ####head ####### mother####er who was so anal he would be upset if I was 1 minute late for work. So I quit after he told the corparate office on me . Then he starts calling me, waking me up , wondering where I was. I told I was sleepin and I guess he didn't get the ####ing memo. if he keeps harrassing me I am gonna file a complaint. Big crazy looking sob too, I think he's outside my window now. :msp_biggrin:

I don't think you got my point.
It is not about you or your weird way's.
LOL!
Jeff :msp_biggrin:

I don't think you got my point.
It is not about you or your weird way's.
LOL!
Jeff :msp_biggrin:

I never like to be late nor visa versa but Jeff, IT WAS ONLY A MINUTE! Sounds like you just should have set yer watch back one minute. It would have saved us all.:msp_biggrin:

I got one:

Rep sent !!!!

Sometime you have to draw a line in the sand. Apparently, ole Jeff wrote his in at 6:30.

My wife works for the Federal Reserve Bank. System wide, they will warn you, then write you up if you don't make it in ON time. Late is...LATE. No other way around it.

Myself, I draw the line at 10 minutes late. Funny thing is, no matter where you draw the line, some folks are always ahead of it, and the worst employees are always pushing the limit. You get a higher class of employee by cutting off the riff-raff that can't come to work on time.

Sometime you have to draw a line in the sand. Apparently, ole Jeff wrote his in at 6:30.

My wife works for the Federal Reserve Bank. System wide, they will warn you, then write you up if you don't make it in ON time. Late is...LATE. No other way around it.

Myself, I draw the line at 10 minutes late. Funny thing is, no matter where you draw the line, some folks are always ahead of it, and the worst employees are always pushing the limit. You get a higher class of employee by cutting off the riff-raff that can't come to work on time.

You've seen Jeff. Would you want to see that at 6thirty am?:msp_scared:

I have a funny one. I did a linden removal last week but didnt bring a big saw to flush cut the stump, it was about 3' high. I called in the locates and a few days later went to check them and flush cut the stump, I set the stump piece next to the stump to pick up with my mini after the stump was ground. I called my stump guy and told him I flush cut it and locates were good. So, later that day he calls and said he got it done but had a funny story. After he ground the stump he started to grind the piece I cut and about a quarter the way into it he noticed it was moving and realized that was the piece I cut! Me and my guys laughed the whole time cleaning it out. It was one of those moments when you just had to been there!

How about this? Guy shows up on time but isn't worth two hoots when you get to the job?!? Guy that shows up 15 minutes late everyday is a stellar performer and works his butt off and is attentive and excellent at what he does...... Solution: Everyone else's start time moves up 15 minutes but you don't give him the memo...wala....he's now on time!

hehehe

Brilliant comment limbwalker54

How about this? Guy shows up on time but isn't worth two hoots when you get to the job?!? Guy that shows up 15 minutes late everyday is a stellar performer and works his butt off and is attentive and excellent at what he does...... Solution: Everyone else's start time moves up 15 minutes but you don't give him the memo...wala....he's now on time!

hehehe

I read lots of posts and don't reply often, but your way of thinking is cleaver. It is a good example of looking at issues from a different point of view and comming up with a solution. Most people have their faults and it is a clever employer who can sometimes make small adjustments to get around people's flaws.

I read lots of posts and don't reply often, but your way of thinking is cleaver. It is a good example of looking at issues from a different point of view and comming up with a solution. Most people have their faults and it is a clever employer who can sometimes make small adjustments to get around people's flaws.

Yeah, what-ever, You ain't me!
Jeff

My wife, who is perfect in every way(she might read this)gets to work at 1 minute to 9:00 every day. She can get up at 5 in the morning it don't matter. She's been writing up for being 1 min. late. I don't understand it. I think its like a sickness with some people. She's no flake, me I am be a little flaky sometimes, but I'm never late.
I talked her into seeing a psych about it, didn't help. She complained to the psych about some of my "things", the psych told her she was to critical. :msp_smile:That alone was worth the 90 bucks

I had (had) a guy that worked for me for 8 years and every once in awhile he would be late on Mondays and if I didnt call him on it it would be every Monday, figured out the best way to deal with him was when he was late I would call him and give him Tuesday off too, so he would miss out on two days pay, it worked out very well ig getting him up on Mondays.

some people are just ####### shot...

...a company i used to work for hired this ####### named shiloh... he sold himself off as an experienced climber... he was a BSer on the job site and annoyed everyone who worked with him... i would come around the corner of a house and see him tied into the tree sleeping against the trunk... he would tie off in the middle of every tree and not move... hed just try to reach everything with a long ass pole saw... every time i would need help... he would be gone literally... and he did this with everyone repeatedly... they would get to top of the tree look down and he would be gone and no one could find him anywhere (i think he was hiding out smoking weed) ....he would come to work every day and take his morning #### and stink up the bathroom... everyone hated this ###### but the boss would not fire him... one day the idiot came into work after he dyed his hair purple and permed it into a big afro... he got fired on the spot.... later we found out he spent most of his time hanging out at the local comic book store picking on little kids... now i have worked with some real stupid lazy ####s in my life but this guy took the cake...

Some of u may remember the hippie I hired. He claimed all the good stuff, told me he was the head climber for Davey and made another competitor rich, this guy walked on gold. I sent him to prune a big oak, had a big dead branch at the top......BIG DEAD BRANCH. I go back to check job, big branch is there, I call him up and light him up, he tells me that he pruned all the deadwood out, no way anything is left. I told him to drive buy, don't even go out back, just look above the house. I went back sent another climber up, he gets to the piece and starts laughing, sends it down. Guess the hippie was right, he did prune it, several smaller branches off the BIG DEAD BRANCH, perfect cuts and all. Guess that was his idea of pruning deadwood, he actually pruned the smaller dead ones off, leaving the 8" dia 15ft long dead and rotten stick still there.

Jeff is right, you tell a time, you should be 15 minutes early. When I want to go at 7, I leave at 7, not 7:23. However, since the boys are with me, it doesn't quite work that way. Waking up a 18 and 20 y/o old at 545-600 is like pealing a burnt pancake of a griddle. I get mad at them and tell them to go home, but then they keep showing up here wanting food and shelter? Then! they keep calling me names! like "dad" and "father"

...a company i used to work for hired this ####### named shiloh... he sold himself off as an experienced climber... he was a BSer on the job site and annoyed everyone who worked with him... i would come around the corner of a house and see him tied into the tree sleeping against the trunk... he would tie off in the middle of every tree and not move... hed just try to reach everything with a long ass pole saw... every time i would need help... he would be gone literally... and he did this with everyone repeatedly... they would get to top of the tree look down and he would be gone and no one could find him anywhere (i think he was hiding out smoking weed) ....he would come to work every day and take his morning #### and stink up the bathroom... everyone hated this ###### but the boss would not fire him... one day the idiot came into work after he dyed his hair purple and permed it into a big afro... he got fired on the spot.... later we found out he spent most of his time hanging out at the local comic book store picking on little kids... now i have worked with some real stupid lazy ####s in my life but this guy took the cake...

Sounds like James!

Latest posts

Back