Trying to find a website on falling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toddppm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I don't remember where in here but somebody at one point posted a link to a training site, I think it might have been a dept. of forestry site for US or Canada, maybe even Europe? It had animated gif's of different falling techniques and hinges, showed what could happen with the different hinges and barber chairs etc.

Anybody know or remember where this was ? I'd like to show my guys as they still don't understand the finer points or dangers of ####ing up a notch just a little bit.

I know the one your talking about and it had the gif images with the moving examples of the different notches., but sadly I dont remember where it was I think it was one of the guys from the logging forum that use to post it maybe try them.

wait I just found something....

kinda like this one?

http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/logging/manual/felling/cuts/notches.html

That's very close SOM, thanks. I think the other one showed what happens when you have a dutchman and other bad notches too.

You could do a lot worse than buying Gerry Beraneks series 3 (part 1 and 2) DVD on falling, limbing and bucking. You can get them through baileys. $80 each for part 1 (falling) and 2(limbing and bucking). You can buy the whole series at a pretty good discount.

I've read most of the books available on the subject, worked in the industry for years, and participated in online forums and discussions as well as been on a few courses on falling. I'm not exaggerating to say that Gerry's video is the most comprehensive and easiest to understand material that I've ever seen on the matter. I learnt more from that video than I've learnt in some $500 courses, and I still watch it every now and then. It will be the best money you ever spent. The footage itself is well worth the money, lots of great video of fallers working.

Shaun

Back