trying to fit a husky bar on a mcculloch 250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawcollector056

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i have a 32inch oregon bar that is a husky mount that fits my 250 and i have a chain for that bar and when i put them on ill tighten the chain as much as i can and the chain is still to big, also do i need to modify anything on it, ive done research but i dont fully understand yet (first time modifying a bar) i also noticed that once the bar is on the saw its 31 inches long measureing from the saw to the tip of the bar
my guess is i need a shorter chain and a 3/8 sprocket for it , i was just mocking it up to see how it would turn out with the chain because the saw is 404. if anyone has any info on this please let me know im a bit lost
thanks,
Ernie

Saw bar

What is the issue about just getting the right bar and right chain. Most time you need to re drill the oil inlet on the bar. Just change the bar tip to 404 and take the saw in and have a chain made for her :)

the original fit bars are hard to find especially in sprocket nose and expensive, i already have this one so i wanted to make it work

OP - You seem to have a grasp of what's needed. WP99 is correct in that the oiler holes will need to be modified. What is the gauge of your bar? Have a pic of the bar?

Based on your info, you can a) get a chain made up that will fit the .404 sprocket on the saw or b) get a 3/8" sprocket for the saw and get the current chain shortened.

i have a 32inch oregon bar that is a husky mount that fits my 250 and i have a chain for that bar and when i put them on ill tighten the chain as much as i can and the chain is still to big, also do i need to modify anything on it, ive done research but i dont fully understand yet (first time modifying a bar) i also noticed that once the bar is on the saw its 31 inches long measureing from the saw to the tip of the bar
my guess is i need a shorter chain and a 3/8 sprocket for it , i was just mocking it up to see how it would turn out with the chain because the saw is 404. if anyone has any info on this please let me know im a bit lost
thanks,
Ernie

I have a new Oregon supertronic hard nose bar for a McCulloch 250 chain saw. It is only 17" long. With a hard nose you can fit any pitch chain. Bar gauge is .058.
chainsawlady

Latest posts

Back