Trying to locate Combo fuel Cans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squid327WFD3

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
A few years Back i bought some Combo Cans made by Husqvarna and Stihl they held both 2 cycle mix and bar oil in them. My Cans are old and Warn out now and local dealers said they are no longer avalable in the US does anyone know where i can get them ?

I bought a baileys Combo Oil-Gas Container thats the closest ive come.

Any help in locating the Husky or Stihl.

Thanks
Dan

I used to own one of those, but haven't seen one in a store, even chainsaw dealers, in years. I think the gas can makers figured "why sell one when they can sell two?"

go down to your local united rental and pick up there catalog they have them in there i beleive...... Pretty sure i saw them in there.

ive tried 3 Husky and 2 Stihl dealers aswell as 3 local contractors supply stores they don't carry them any more

Did you watch the video?.In the first part he was carrying a felling bar no sign in the second part.
The combi spanner & files fit between the oil & petrol can.or if you have a rear tool holder on your belt it will carry all your tools plus first aid kit aswell as a spare chain.

No worries getting them here either, about $75 aus.

I have two nozzels like the one on the oil side, I remove that spring loaded one and put on a standard one.

I found those springs stick after a while plus when it's hot I've been sprayed with fuel too often when you push that nozzel into the fuel tank of the saw ... pretty dangerous I reckon.

Yeah yeah, then the thing gets stuck open when your fueling and spills anyway ... I just got 2 ends like the oiler end.

Over here they still about. There always peraded around arb fairs, one company trying to sell them for less than the others. A guy i know picked one up for 20 quid.

I don't know if they will deliver to USA but Buxtons.net have a husky, STIHL and oregon ones.

Ekka said:
I found those springs stick after a while plus when it's hot I've been sprayed with fuel too often when you push that nozzel into the fuel tank of the saw ... pretty dangerous I reckon.

I have one of those combi cans too (the orange one with the green 'no spill' spout) a new spout I put on about a month ago is sticking already. Does anyone have any ideas how to unstick it? I really like this can, robust and easy to spot in among all de trees! :cool:

where do you do most of your cutting, and how fast do you go through fuel and oil? for myself they would not work, since i go through alot, i would be waisting too much time filling the thing with oil. easier just to work out the gallon jugs of bar oil and 2 gallon gas containers.

pouring oil out of the gallon jugs is much easier if you just cut a slit in the foil top (like a cat's eye) instead of ripping the whole thing off. I just use the screwdriver blade on the scrench to cut a slit. No need for a different container and no spillage when filling the saws.

kf_tree said:
where do you do most of your cutting, and how fast do you go through fuel and oil? for myself they would not work, since i go through alot, i would be waisting too much time filling the thing with oil. easier just to work out the gallon jugs of bar oil and 2 gallon gas containers.

what you have a saw in each hand or something??and work 24/7:laugh:

Back