TSC 35Ton Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya they all say ther good but ever time i here about tsc spltters is the hose leaks the filter leaks the hose burst common get a twolf iron oak split right the list goes on stop get a good splitter it will last you a long time good luck

Before I plunked the money on a splitter I combed the AS forums. I read some good and alot of bad. Being a "homeowner-type" I was not needing to nor wanting to spend $2G on a wood splitter! Due to the overwhelming amount of information here I zeroed in on the Huskee/Speeco brands. Yes, there were some past problems with bad hoses and such; I don't remember reading about leaky filters but maybe that was going on too at some point.

The issues you are describing though - according to the posts I've read - are past history and have been resolved by Speeco. I guess at some point the filter was on the pressure side but is now on the return side, hose issue resolved and the 2010/2011 models (Speeco Branded splitters, anyway) have been redesigned so the motor is now slung down opposite the operator position.

The only experience with splitters I have are a homemade job that was slow as bearing grease and my neighbors "Brave" (made by Iron & Oak) which is a nice splitter. I am here to tell you the Speeco 25 Ton I just got is impressive, well built and I have no doubt it will last my lifetime! Their customer service is well above the bar for most of the companies I have ever dealt with, and I have dealt with many and I've been on both sides of the customer service fence. I'll put it up against my neighbor's Brave splitter any day of the week, and my boss who has the homemade job is now seriously looking at buying a Speeco for his property up north.

I can't speak directly of the Huskees coming out of T.S.C. other than I did go in and give them a close look, but they are made by Speeco and I'm sure they will stand behind that product as much as they stand behind their own.

If you look around carefully you can find some really great deals on the Speeco splitters! (wink-wink)

HUskee at TSC or Speeco at Speeco, that is the question

When we purchased our Huskee 27 ton we did not know their was an actual Speeco splitter we thought they were Huskee splitters made by Speeco.

Now, if we were given a choice between Huskee or Speeco and even if the Speeco was higher priced than at an actual Speeco dealer I would go with a Speeco. That opinion is based on numerous past experiences with Huskee and absolutely terrible customer service after the sale from TSC and the TSC warranty repair network.

When the splitter broke down and we called for a repair we had to wait 3-4 days before shop even called us back to arrange for a pick up. Then the pick up would not be done until the next week. That is hard to manage when you at the cabin for only 1 week and the splitter breaks down on Monday.
Last repair broke on first Saturday we got to property for a week vacation consisting of some splitting and cutting. We did not get call back until Thurs of next week, and they did not want to pick it up until the next week. We would not have gotten the splitter back for another week after that.

I did not want to lose all that time so I paid $90 for repair at authorized facility and sent in repair slip for engine repair.I got the splitter back in 1 day. Wrong spark plug was in engine, we never replaced original, governor was adjusted wrong over reving and idle was wrong. We never touched that stuff. Was it messed with at previous repair facility? What do you think?

Anyway TSC said all repairs were under normal maintenance so no payback. :pissed-off::angryn:

I've got the Husky 35 tonner and the Speeco branded 22 tonner; no complaints except for the return hose on the 35 tonner. If you get either, go to Northern Tool and get their red return hose to have for a replacement when the stock one bubbles.

As far as splitting goes, the 35 tonner will cut what won't split; elm, red oak, whatever. AND, no toe plate problems!

Latest posts

Back