Two new firewood toys bought this weekend!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valkyrie Rider

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I added some new tools to the list. Friday evening I picked up the new to me and only slightly used Dolmar PS510 I used to cut some wood with and really fell in love with from a fellow member here. Then Sunday (today) I bought a log splitter which I have been wanting for the last three years of burning wood. I bought a Huskee 35T model. I wanted to buy something like Iron and Oak.. but could not justify the funds for the use it will get (only split for myself) being almost $1000 more then the Huskee I picked up. I went there thinking I was going to buy the 22T model, but just liked the construction and better components, easier to upgrade build of the 35T unit.

Here is a quick junky cell phone pic just to prove it happened ;)

standard.jpg

Should save the on the old back wonce wood splitting season comes around. Good score and enjoy your new toys, I mean tools . there tools not toys that's what we have to tell the wives.

Beefie

Should save the on the old back wonce wood splitting season comes around......

I used the splitter about two hours today and my back is GREAT. I have two herniated discs, and maul splitting always irritates it after just a little while of splitting... even with a Fiskers Super splitting axe.

Used the saw on Saturday to buck up about a cord of wood I cut to 8' lengths a few weeks ago. That is also easier on the back then the J-red 2171 for smaller wood.

Investments, that's what ya call 'em. You're spending money to save money in the long term. One year without using fossil fuel might be enough to pay for 'em. You're investing in tools to save you money and it's just as simple as that.

Pssst, enjoy your new toys. ;)

510 is underrated

They are indeed a nice saw and it should serve you very well for the smaller stuff. Great complement saw to the 2171.

My neighbor has the same splitter, or should I say his son has appropriated the same splitter that you got from him. He found it more comfortable to use without the fenders. They seem to always be just in the right place to catch either the shin or calf.

Enjoy the new stuff.

Take Care

My wife was all for the splitter as she doesn't want my back going out again... the saw was cheap enough that it wasn't an issue. But you guys are right... they are TOOLS for heating the house! ;)

510 is underrated

They are indeed a nice saw and it should serve you very well for the smaller stuff. Great complement saw to the 2171.

Enjoy the new stuff.

Take Care

I REALLY like the 510. I've run a Husky 346XP that I thought would be my next saw only in J-red colors, but I just really liked the 510 in the way it cut and handled after using it for a while. Just seems to fit me perfect, and it's not THAT light in weight, the ergnomics just work for me and it's doesn't feel like as much work to use as the Husky 346. It's like using my Stihl 021 but with much more power!

'' REMOVE SAW BEFORE PULLING LEVER''

Page 1 of the instruction manual....

You have two nice toys/tools and I want them....:cheers:

See if you can locate a 4 way for the splitter it will cut splitting time by 60 % plus fuel too .

I'd love to find/make one! The stuff I'm splitting this year would be PERFECT for a 4 way as it's not too large and I basically just need to 1/4 each piece. I saw one but it's $200.

I also need to add a work table. Not sure if I'll buy or make one yet. buying is easier at the moment if it's not too much $$$ as my time is limited......... but I have the tools to make one.

awesome man! cant beat a splitter, swinging a hammer sucks. definatly make a table for behind the wedge and maybe for the opposite side of the beam of where you stand. i almost never have to bend over to pick up a log that i have split.

Enjoy your new pieces of equipment. Just a quick little tidbit of advice; be sure to tighten the clamps on the suction hose of your splitter (Especially if you bought it at Tractor Supply). The stock hose is a piece of crap and will bubble and work loose if you don't keep the clamps tightened.

My Huskee 35T is a great splitter, with the exception of the suction hose. I replaced the stock hose with a short run of Gates hose and the problem was cured. Change your fluid after a few hours of use and use 10W-30 synthetic and it'll last you a long time.

And the Dolmar is a little screamer! Enjoy!

That's really quite an achievement...a new saw and a splitter on the same weekend. Congratulations.:rockn:

The suction hose had a recall. I called the factory and they sent one to me in a week or so.
The factory shelf work fine. It bolts to pre drilled holes and was about $60. It speeds up splitting. NICE SPLITTER

Thanks guys!

I did check the clamps and fittings before even starting to use the splitter. I thought the clamps were loose. the fittings seemed OK and nothing leaked with use. The return hose to the tank is a clear hose with a metal spring in it. Was this the recalled one?

I had also check the engine oil with was full. I'll change it after 4 hours or so of use. So far (i've started it like three times) It starts REALLY easy. I have the same engine although lesser power rating on my snowblower, and it has been a GREAT, easy starting engine for three years now.

I'm trying to figure out what to do for a work table, the factory one, 33flame one, or make my own.

Congrats on the splitter... It's going to be the best thing you ever bought.
We got the same one last year and ya can't beat it. PPL talk about the cycle time... When you get to be my age, the cycle time is governed by the operator. :)

I also took off the fenders for two reasons 1) they seem to get in the way and 2) They'd be gone on the first trip through the woods. Your Hyd. pump looks to be located higher up and to the side. I just contacted 33flame about a table. I could make a nie table but the time I sent doing that, I could be doing up more wood. Have fun and watch your fingers around that splittler.

Latest posts

Back