Upstate NY GTG 2015

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do have an older Stihl 045 that I was considering to make a project out of, maybe someone else can make use of it. I'd damn near trade that and a couple other project parts/saws to get a 261/262xp goin with a 262 P&C. Maybe the cylinder can be saved but I'll let the pros decide that.

Anyone gonna have a 262 up and running? Maybe even ported? Funny thing is, it's my favorite saw even though I've never run it. Yet anyway haha!

I've got a few 262's if no one else has one there. You really got to try and make that cylinder work. OEM 262 kits are NLA from Husky. Aftermarket kits are iffy, and they usually don't run like a real 262 without a lot of work.

I have a 266 project saw and a VERY clean 032. Just needs your typical fuel system rebuild I'm sure.
If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll bring them

How does a husq 266 compare to a 262xp? Just wondering.. Out of work due to a medical issue so money's tight until I figure out which way I'm going (released to work or full disability) so I won't be buyin anymore toys, not that I don't want to, just a waiting game right now so I ask in curiosity..

I've got a few 262's if no one else has one there. You really got to try and make that cylinder work. OEM 262 kits are NLA from Husky. Aftermarket kits are iffy, and they usually don't run like a real 262 without a lot of work.

I've read a lot about a Meteor Kit, no good huh? It was a 261 but upon disassembly I found a flat top piston so someone did some upgrades. My guess is it was straight gassed afterwards by the second owner

So what do you think of yesterday's news?

Spoke to PD about it. Guy is from just across the river in Dutchess Co. New to this part of the biz. Former landscaper. Not sure if the territories are getting redrawn or not.

Now, everyone reading this is wondering "What the heck are those two guys talking about?" :lol:

Spoke to PD about it. Guy is from just across the river in Dutchess Co. New to this part of the biz. Former landscaper. Not sure if the territories are getting redrawn or not.

Now, everyone reading this is wondering "What the heck are those two guys talking about?" :lol:

I talked to BG last night about the news.

Scott invited BL to the GTG and he's still welcome to come if he wants. But "AA" has BL's old cell number so I don't have a way to contact him.

Has your new KMC guy been in yet? He's from your area.

I stopped into the Cutting Edge today to pick up some SEF 94 and Scott gently reminded me that the GTG was only a week away. Haven't been to one in a couple of years so it looks like the short trip over from VT is in order.

Gents, having this knee surgery yesterday put me out of making it next weekend. Sucks, Bruce and I were looking forward to the trip. Hoping next year will find us up having a good time with y'all. Hava great time, post up a bunch of pics and vids for us sick, lame and lazy types that can't make it!

Reclined.JPG

Back