US MS361 VS Euro MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
US 361 VS Euro 361 what is the real difference??? Which factory builds the better quality saw??

Thats a no brainer, the USA factory has beaten the German factories for years in quality control. Stihl has had inter company competiton for many years now and Va Beach always comes out on top as they well should. The German factories are old, way out of date compared to the ultra modern Va Beach factory. Germany has the super new R&D center but their best production factory is here in ole Virginy. Those union guys in Germany have had to have work shipped in to them from other Stihl factories around the world for them to keep their jobs. Not so at Va Beach, they run 24/7 and continue to hire. Last I heard 69% of all Stihl made comes out of Va Beach, that pretty well says who Stihl counts on, us Americans by joe,:clap::clap:

The only differences are the muffler, cylinder and power specs afaik......:givebeer:

+ that the heated versions with metal handlebars only were/are made in Germany.

All this is well known facts, so why ask now, when they are about to be discontinued (or already are)? :confused:

The only differences are the muffler, cylinder and power specs afaik......:givebeer:

+ that the heated versions with metal handlebars only were/are made in Germany.

All this is well known facts, so why ask now, when they are about to be discontinued (or already are)? :confused:

Good points but far as quality control them Germans tant got nothing on us Americans. In fact we take great pleasure in taking the German product and building it better than they do, Stihl is glad we do too,:cheers::cheers::cheers:

This is a no brainer, the USA factory has beaten the German factories for years in quality control. Stihl has had inter company competiton for many years now and Va Beach always comes out on top as they well should. The German factories are old, way out of date compared to the ultra modern Va Beach factory. Germany has the super new R&D center but their best production factory is here in ole Virginy. Those union guys in Germany have had to have work shipped in to them from other Stihl factories around the world for them to keep their jobs. Not so at Va Beach, they run 24/7 and continue to hire. Last I heard 69% of all Stihl made comes out of Va Beach, that pretty well says who Stihl counts on, us Americans by joe,:clap::clap:

LOL, you just are jealous that they are moving more work back into Germany, as the total production volume goes down....:cheers:

I have heard of (non-heated) German made 361s and 362s being sold in Canada lately - I guess the VB plant has to paaaaay for that bar plant, when German workers risk loosing their job......

Good points but far as quality control them Germans tant got nothing on us Americans. In fact we take great pleasure in taking the German product and building it better than they do, Stihl is glad we do too,:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I try and order as many American made Stihl bars over they're German counter part, just so when a customer looks at a saw they see made in USA in big letters on the bar.

LOL, you just are jealous that they are moving more work back into Germany, as the total production volume goes down....:cheers:

I have heard of (non-heated) German made 361s and 362s being sold in Canada lately - I guess the VB plant has to paaaaay for that bar plant, when German workers risk loosing their job......

Jealous, why would I be jealous when I live only 4 hours from the BEST Stihl has to offer,LOLOL

It didn't surprize me at all that Stihl actually looks out for its workforce and does what is needed to keep everyone employeed. Can't say that about that "other" outfit can we,LOL

They might move up from the #2 spot one day........

Doubt it.:D

Hush young man, you don't have time to be beating the bush around here, your suppose to be boxing up that DN660 for shipping to where, HERE!!! I found my torch and gas can, its only a matter of time now so hurry, save ole Joat while ya can,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

LOL, teach him to snob us Americans,LOLOL, all in fun of course,:cheers::cheers:

Actually, I think the Germans are more "snobby" than the Americans in general - I just relate to the facts, as they appear to me... :cheers:

The area I live in has a special history vs. Germans btw, as the Germans lost their first battle in WW II here ("Narvik" 1940). :cheers:

Actually, I think the Germans are more "snobby" than the Americans in general - I just relate to the facts, as they appear to me... :cheers:

The area I live in has a special history vs. Germans btw, as the Germans lost their first battle in WW II here ("Narvik" 1940). :cheers:

My rep says they are kinda snobby as well, shoot I don't know, never been there. Have been to America though, I'm still here as a matter of fact,LOL

Not at all - I just side-step hype and rumors! :givebeer:

Admittedly, I sometimes post rumors myself, but then I say clearly that it is just that!

And interjected with large amounts of myopic opinion.

Hush young man, you don't have time to be beating the bush around here, your suppose to be boxing up that DN660 for shipping to where, HERE!!! I found my torch and gas can, its only a matter of time now so hurry, save ole Joat while ya can,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I don't have a 660.....

:D

Latest posts

Back