US MS361 VS Euro MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beleive me now,LOLOL

Yes, sir Hall ! :)

Far as labor costs go I have sent a memo to your employer stating your feelings and suggested you be the very first one to take a enourmous pay reduction, least I can do for a friend,hehehehe

Thanks for sending that memo and your concern about my salary.

When I mean labor cost, that means the cost of labour to an employer, not the net wage the worker gets in hand. The latter is not far different from you folks I guess. Tax rates and social charges are the ones that kill the system. I'd be happy to reduce those in a hurry.

PS. My employer called me today and said " Roland, I don't know who that fella is who sent that memo, but for sure he talks funny. I'd swear he sounds like Elvis" I said : "Never mind, it's a american thing, you wouldn't understand, LOLOLOLOL."

I guess ole Stihl themselves had to say it, yes the Americans kick our Euro hiny's,LOLOLOL

The trouble has been that too many models (up to, and including the 361) had to be "detuned" for the US market, because of EPA.

That may (or may not) have affected more than just the max power output!

:cheers:

The trouble has been that too many models (up to, and including the 361) had to be "detuned" for the US market, because of EPA.

That may (or may not) have affected more than just the max power output!

Good point and true. However when one factory's finnished products has less waranty claims than another producing the same product and that same factory is producing over double the amount it pretty well shows who's on the ball.

We in in ole Virginy have no issue with you loving your Euro 361, we only state ours is better and we got the record to prove it baby, give me five ole skipper,:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Yes, sir Hall ! :)

Thanks for sending that memo and your concern about my salary.

When I mean labor cost, that means the cost of labour to an employer, not the net wage the worker gets in hand. The latter is not far different from you folks I guess. Tax rates and social charges are the ones that kill the system. I'd be happy to reduce those in a hurry.

PS. My employer called me today and said " Roland, I don't know who that fella is who sent that memo, but for sure he talks funny. I'd swear he sounds like Elvis" I said : "Never mind, it's a american thing, you wouldn't understand, LOLOLOLOL."

Well your employer sounded alittle odd to me as well. I called him up and said lika lika whats happening baby. He goes huh. I said whats shaking big daddy. He said huh. I said come on man, chill out and let talk some turkey about Rolands pay. He goes huh. It was obvious to me that cat only knew how to say huh,LOLOL

Good point and true. However when one factory's finnished products has less waranty claims than another producing the same product and that same factory is producing over double the amount it pretty well shows who's on the ball.

We in in ole Virginy have no issue with you loving your Euro 361, we only state ours is better and we got the record to prove it baby, give me five ole skipper,:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Well, "better" can be defined in several different ways, I have no problem with that! :givebeer:

It dosen 't matter which one is better, they were both better than the competitions comparable models at the time of their debut and demise.
Of all the foreign countries I've had the pleasure to visit, Germany would be the first on my list to go back to. I found the people very, very accomodating, I was young and single at the time and had one hell of a good time while there. Excellent beer, prolly the best I've ever had, lots of single frauliens, and an absolutely beautiful country side. The images of red stag feeding in alfalfa fields, seeing pheasant run across the roads all the time and the unbelievable number of people out hiking are hard to forget. The country I would never revisit even if it were a all expense paid trip,would be France, especially Paris, if they made a chainsaw, I'm convinced a Wild Thing would be a step up. Absolutely the rudest,most arrogant azzholes you would ever want to meet. I stihl think the old 0series saws made in Germany are the best ones ever made.

It dosen 't matter which one is better, they were both better than the competitions comparable models at the time of their debut and demise.
Of all the foreign countries I've had the pleasure to visit, Germany would be the first on my list to go back to. I found the people very, very accomodating, I was young and single at the time and had one hell of a good time while there. Excellent beer, prolly the best I've ever had, lots of single frauliens, and an absolutely beautiful country side. The images of red stag feeding in alfalfa fields, seeing pheasant run across the roads all the time and the unbelievable number of people out hiking are hard to forget. The country I would never revisit even if it were a all expense paid trip,would be France, especially Paris, if they made a chainsaw, I'm convinced a Wild Thing would be a step up. Absolutely the rudest,most arrogant azzholes you would ever want to meet. I stihl think the old 0series saws made in Germany are the best ones ever made.

Hey Indian,
France is probably the most beautiful country in europe...the variety in their landscapes and regions is overwhelming. But the french are special and arrogant, especially to foreigners. But if you speak their language and take some time to understand their way of life, they are not so bad.

Paris is not France, even the french say so. It's one of those tourist attraction city's like Rome, Berlin, Amsterdam, etc. that draw a crowd that has no affinity at all with the city. I hate them big cities like the plague. But if you like musea and history, it's THE place to go.

Next time, stop over in Belgium. I'll pay you a nice belgian beer, but Frauleins are forbidden territory, at least for me.;):laugh:

I'll have to take you up on it someday Belgian, I went to France from Germany via train, got to see a fair amount of the country out the windows, very beautiful country. It's very apparent Paris is all about tourism. I'm sure you can imagine a country boy from mid America, that had never been out of the states, let alone a foreign country. I was a young 1 Lt. serving as a general's aide doing a "battle book" tour of Europe. The openess of the European people was a total culture shock. When a young single Capt. and I checked into our room and walked out on the balcony overlooking the hotel's pool and saw the topless sunbathers we thought we had died and gone to heaven, the sites along the Sienne river were just as appealing, the night life was like nothing we had ever seen before. Talk about culture shock, the red light district in Nurenburg, Germany, good lord was it different. Being married to the same gal for 24 years puts the frauliens off the radar, but I'll still buy you a good beer or two if we get over there. Just waiting on the kids to graduate high school and thanks to being retired military we can travel space available for free on military hops. There's still enough going back and forth to Germany/England to make it worth while.

Read this for me Troll!:D

attachment.php

Sound like "Felleskjøpet" over here - a chain that sell Stihl saws, but prefere selling them in the (unopened) box, and don't service them locally.....:givebeer:

That doesn't happen to Huskys here, and no longer to Jonsereds either.....

...but isn't this off topic? :jawdrop:

Sound like "Felleskjøpet" over here - a chain that sell Stihl saws, but prefere selling them in the (unopened) box, and don't service them locally.....:givebeer:

Here in sweden the stihl dealer must have a workshop! and they have to put the bar and chain on the saw and testrun it before the customer can have it!:)

Here in sweden the stihl dealer must have a workshop! and they have to put the bar and chain on the saw and testrun it before the customer can have it!:)

The good dealers ("Stihl-butikken") say so here as well, but that other store chain (sort of a "farm supply" chain, with ware-houses) is getting away with not doing it anyway.........

The most advanced items I have bought from them are impregnated fence posts though, and it will stay that way! :biggrinbounce2::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

So you have traveled all of Norway? What you state her is not allowed at "Felleskjøpet" and if they do so in one store in the part you live dosent mean they do it all over. I have tried several times to by a saw in the box because i was going to ship it, it was not possible.

"Felleskjøpet" is selling most Stihl saws in Norway more than 50 % of the market and they have lokal service in most places. But maybe not in smal places like where you live. Compared to US you are living in Alaska. Large area with few people.

It is okay that you dont like Stihl and "Felleskjøpet". But if you compare Fellekjøpet to a box store for sure you dont know what you are talking about.

Stop writing so much nonsense an go out run your chain saws instead :)

So you have traveled all of Norway? What you state her is not allowed at "Felleskjøpet" and if they do so in one store in the part you live dosent mean they do it all over. I have tried several times to by a saw in the box because i was going to ship it, it was not possible.

"Felleskjøpet" is selling most Stihl saws in Norway more than 50 % of the market and they have lokal service in most places. But maybe not in smal places like where you live. Compared to US you are living in Alaska. Large area with few people.

It is okay that you dont like Stihl and "Felleskjøpet". But if you compare Fellekjøpet to a box store for sure you dont know what you are talking about.

:agree2::agree2:

Well, well, well and right from the horse's mouth, to boot!:cheers::cheers:
Thanks for clearing things up and welcome to the site!

Latest posts

Back