Used 7900 or New 7300

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like said before atleast you could make the 7300 into a 7900 if you want to. Especially as money permits. You may be satisfied with the 7300 and dont want to modify it at all. I wouldnt bother for 6cc but that is up to you.

One other consideration is that the price of the 7900 and 7300 are going to go up quite a bit when my dealer reorders new stock. The new pricing will put the used 7900 about $275.00 cheaper than what some dealers are now charging. But still it is nice to have brand new and I don't think I would miss the 6cc difference.

One other consideration is that the price of the 7900 and 7300 are going to go up quite a bit when my dealer reorders new stock. The new pricing will put the used 7900 about $275.00 cheaper than what some dealers are now charging. But still it is nice to have brand new and I don't think I would miss the 6cc difference.

Yeah, but then there are the "bragging rights"....:biggrinbounce2::laugh::laugh:

...but I wouldn't care about that!

why dont you check out baileys there a sponsor on here.they had a deal on the makita which is a dolmar in blue but their selling a 6400 with a 84cc big bore kit for $594.00 dollars.that seems like a great deal to me.the 7300 is around $900.00 dollars here where i live.

why dont you check out baileys there a sponsor on here.they had a deal on the makita which is a dolmar in blue but their selling a 6400 with a 84cc big bore kit for $594.00 dollars.that seems like a great deal to me.the 7300 is around $900.00 dollars here where i live.

I guess that I would rather buy the saw from the local dealer because ultimately I will need him for parts and service in the future. Besides I think the red looks better than the light blue.:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:

Either you are playing games (not likely), or there is an issue with the site software......

I guess that I would rather buy the saw from the local dealer because ultimately I will need him for parts and service in the future. Besides I think the red looks better than the light blue.:hmm3grin2orange:

That is what I would do, if the dealer is a good one - but I have my doubts after the story of the "demo" 7900, and parts for those saws aren't hard to get anyway, when you are on this site.

Looks like the budget then is not that much of a concern when you can get a brand new 84cc dolkita for cheap.
you will anyway have to pay for parts or service either way..

well if color is more important than price then go for it.and ya whats up with it posting my reply twice

I can get the 7900 for the same price as the 6400 BB kit and the new 7300 for just a hair more than that. I guess I'm not convinced that those BB kits are the same quality as OME. I'm sure they are not bad, I would really rather have a OME P&C.

Last edited:
I got a demo 7900 from the dealer close to me last january for $500 with warranty. He knocked it down 1/3. A new one at that time was $750 with a 24" b/c.

I can get the 7900 for the same price as the 6400 BB kit and the new 7300 for just a hair more than that. I guess I'm not convinced that those BB kits are the same quality as OME. I'm sure they are not bad, I would really rather have a OME P&C.

My impression from reading on here in the past supports your wiew on that issue, but I am not 100% sure.

Metal quality, design and quality control all have to match, and it seems hard to match the Mahle originals that Husky and Dolmar use as OEM on pro saws - recent Stihl OEM is a bit more questionable, but that is another issue......

Last edited:
The saws are the same except for 6cc. In the real world you could put a 7300 and 7900 unbadged in anyones hands. They wouldnt be able to tell the difference. You seem to like the NEW saw approach. This way you know the saw from new. Any bar you put on a 7900 will work on the 7300. The Worst case if cutting over 24-28 inches. The 7300 may be 1 or 2 seconds longer in the cut. Not a big deal. Keep it simple. Now the real debate is 440 vs 460 and 365 vs 372

Thanks for all the replies. I think that I will probably just go with the new saw. I could probably bite the bullet and buy the 7900 new but I've got enough to pay cash for the 7300. These days I like to operate on a cash basis.

You wanted a answer to your question Saw Troll gave his suggestion. This is not to be made into a joke. If you want to make jokes of someones suggestions dont ask simple as counting as 1,2 and 3.

what the hell are you the joke police? who gives a #### if he makes a joke! 1,2 buckle my shoe 3,4 don't tell me no more, 5,6 here's my picks, new 7300

He was right, you are wrong - simple as that! :biggrinbounce2::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

:help:

I don't think he meant any harm with the Joke. I think he was referring to "wood" as not the kind with bark on it, lol.

The Joke police went after the OP. His thread, his jokes. :cheers:

ST, we know you don't need no Docs bro. :yourock:

People on here mite laugh at this,but I have had my 7900 for 3 years and I'm sure I don't have 5 gallons of gas run through it. Did he mean 5 tanks may be.

Not sure on a 7300, but the 79er is the shizz nits for sure.

Latest posts

Back