Used 7900 or New 7300

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was right, you are wrong - simple as that! :biggrinbounce2::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Mr saw inspector, I know you know all the important #### like how much the air filter weighs on a 372 compared to a 440, but you don't even use a chainsaw, so your over dramatized BS is really irrelevant!:notrolls2::notrolls2::notrolls2::notrolls2:

Maybe you should take up the rechargeable saws, you could run them in your house. at your computer where you like to stay, and weigh the saws and batteries and all that fun stuff you love to do!

Last edited:
Trying not to step in the s##t here...

I am on my 3rd year with a 7300, and have cut quite a bit with guys with 79s. Unless you're racing, you'll never know the difference, an even on timed cuts it's more operator than saw.

A 73 will happily pull a 24" buried in oak all day. Get the 73, and if you want to try mine first, come on up.

Mr saw inspector, I know you know all the important #### like how much the air filter weighs on a 372 compared to a 440, but you don't even use a chainsaw, so your over dramatized BS is really irrelevant!:notrolls2::notrolls2::notrolls2::notrolls2:

Maybe you should take up the rechargeable saws, you could run them in your house. at your computer where you like to stay, and weigh the saws and batteries and all that fun stuff you love to do!

You sir, are an outspoken douche.

go to baileys, get a makita 6421, a hd filter kit, a big bore kit (quality looked good to me), and remove the cat from the muffler. For 680 including shipping you have an 85cc dolmar.

Some members like to say somerthing like that, but really have no clue what they are talking about - it is just another insult.

I've got the blue 64cc and I like it. Maybe one day I'll figure out why I need 79cc, and if I ever do figure it out I'd go with the 79cc oem p&c.

In your case I'd go 7300 new over 7900 used ( since you don't like blue :mad: ) There is nothing funner than being the first person to get a new saw all dirty and scuffed up.

Definately the new 7300... As many have said It can be 'altered' later if you so wish.

Here in the UK we don't have Dolmar dealers, so we have the Makita's instead, but i like the blue myself.

Get some pics up when you get it, i like seeing shiny new saws!! :bowdown:

And why all the hostility towards Niko? If it wasn't for knowledgeable members like him then it wouldn't be much of a forum!!

Show some respect to fellow members!!!

And why all the hostility towards Niko? If it wasn't for knowledgeable members like him then it wouldn't be much of a forum!!

Show some respect to fellow members!!!

Agreed, he contributes so incredibly much, and several of the people taking the cheapest stabs at him contribute nothing of value at all. Go figure.

Niko has helped me on numerous occassions for which i am thankful of, just don't understand why some members are like they are towards him?

there are probably some book clubs and stuff you guys could join, They would be more geared towards guys with sensitive feelings. Also you could hug and stuff there to show your affection for fellow members

Save your money and buy a 6400. It's more than enough saw for your needs. Anyone that says otherwise hasn't run one. Then when you have the money, you can upgrade to the 7900 topend, and save a lot of money over having started with a 7300.

Latest posts

Back