Usps sucks!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been waiting on a bar and chain mailed Monday the 4th at Shady Grove ,Pa.. Arrived at Kansas City, Ks. Sunday night at 9:30 p.m..
I just checked with the St. Joseph main Post Office and it hasn't made it up from KC, K yet!!! That's only 55 miles south of here fellas.

W.T.H. has gone wrong with the postal system?:angry:

If it fits, it ships. Yeah, to never never land.

Just needed to vent.
Carl.

Sugar Creek Supply, a suberb of Kansas City, Mo., sent me a legal size envelope w/gaskets that took from a Monday morning to a Friday afternoon to get here. That's four days for first class regular mail to go 60 miles.:dizzy:

Move us to O.T. now.

If it was shipped parcel post then it probably went to
Seattle, then Miami, then Houston, Then Cape Cod,
then Alaska, then Los Angles, then Chicago before
it finally finds it's way to you at there convenience.

Lee

I am really glad this came up cause I was about to ship a saw UPS. Now I will just pay the extra money and ship Priority, cause I have had good luck with it too. I was just trying to save a dollar. Goes back to the ole standby of you get what you pay for ;)

I ordered a New Husqvarna Pole saw from Baileys last Wednesday, I wanted to put it on my work UPS account (So I could have it shipped 2nd day) but the guy at Baileys told me they get excellent UPS Rates so I let him ship it Ground, It'll be here Thursday:angry: 1 week & 1 Day:angry: I wanted it last week, I could have drove 16 miles and picked one up for the same price + tax and had all my Limbs down by now...

Serious question for those of you starting threads like this--when was the last time you started a thread praising an excellent service you've received? When was the last time you paid someone a compliment?

Serious question for those of you starting threads like this--when was the last time you started a thread praising an excellent service you've received? When was the last time you paid someone a compliment?

I can understand the desire to have something. It can be frustrating at times. This is just saw parts though, and they don't really matter. Sorry Carl, but I somewhat agree with this post.

Just be patient man, you'll get the stuff soon enough.

Chris

After UPS almost lost my McCulloch Super 250... I only use USPS and have not had a single problem one.

Gary

I realize all shipping companys have there faults,
But i shipped a Homelite C5 to New Jersey which
is only a 6 hour or so drive and it never made it.
Had tracking numbers and could not track it.
Lost and lever to be found thanks to USPS.

Lee

The more often humans handle something, the more chances are created for a mistake. They all drop the ball sometimes, and it does suck.

I always used USPS. I mail guns, tractor parts, saws. never had a problem.

My stepdad sells coins on ebay When he parks his truck behine the house the UPS man thinks he's not home he throws the package out the windo at the door
I had a $700 scope shipped to me UPS. I seen the UPS man coming and went to open the door before I got it open he threw the box from the bottom step (about 10 steps down) and hit the front door
That was it for me I will never use UPS again.

Last edited:
But how can they lose a box? even if the address tag fell off, in a few days someone is going to ask where their package is and a friggin Light Bulb should go off in their head " Hey, Maybe this package that fits the exact description of the missing one Really is it" But Noooooooooo, Just take all that stuff to the Dumpster (I Guess)

Thats what tips are for.

I don't praise them, and I expect good service. They are paid to help. Nobody goes somewhere to mail a package and says, "Its OK if this takes forever and a day, and it doesn't matter if it gets lost" or "its OK if I get pickles on my burger after I tell you not to put them on."

Priority to California is a two day deal from here. Took almost a week to get a priority package to Arkansas. I tell others if I get good service, and have tipped the guy at the post office for letting me know it'll cost almost the same and should get there as quick. Now thats also against the law, but I get the information needed for a can of Pepsi or other cold beverage, and my packages from the mailman are always dry, even if he has to go another 30 feet around the corner.

I ship out 75-100 packages per week and almost all of them are shipped US Postal first class or priority. First class takes the same as priority 3-4 business days, we get packages to California in 4 days from NY. With parcel post you need to get a tracking number, it's about 75 cents more but well worth it, since parcel post can take forever.
And only about once a month do I run into any issues, and it's usually the person has the wrong address listed on ebay.

Last edited:
Thats what tips are for.
The point I am making has nothing to do with the service people in question. When was the last time YOU were grateful for something or focused on something positive? This world is filled with things to be negative if we look for them. On the flip side, it's filled with many more pleasant things whether or not we're willing to concentrate on them.

The choice is yours--either way the sun will still come up and go down, people will still do business, and life will go on. We have a finite amount of time on this earth--what are you spending your time thinking about?

i never ship anything usps anymore,,,they have lost to much stuff this year,,,, on a good note about ups,,i shipped a saw to a guy about amonth ago,,it got damaged,,i filed a claim for the damage,, 11/2 weeks later i had a check for the damage and forwarded it to the buyer of the saw,,we all was happy

Back