Vermeer BC 1200XL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rymancm

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with this chipper? I can find virtually no info/videos/reviews about it online. I currently have a BC100XLl which is ok but I would like something a little more rugged and powerful as I run it every day and do chip some pretty big stuff. I do, however, frequently need to get in tight spaces and drive over lawns etc. so I don't think I really want to go bigger than 12". So, is this chipper really a step up from the BC1000xl? Are the dual feed rollers better? Does the manual crush come in handy? I find that the BC1000xl has a hard time pulling in limby material and softwoods with lots of branches like Christmas trees which is very annoying. And I find 85 hp not really enough when chipping larger material. I do like the giant infeed roller on the bc1000xl because it climbs over large material whereas it seems like the 2 smaller rollers on the bc1200xl and the bandit chippers would have a hard time with that. Any info would be appreciated. I would also consider a Bandit chipper but I have never used one. It seems like Bandit has way more 12" options which I find a little overwhelming. The Vermeers look better engineered but I know better looks doesn't necessarily mean better chipping. Anyway, any info or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Been around a cpl Veermers in my career all i can say is.....
Brush Bandit...250xp

I've been doing a little research......although I'm a big Vermeer fan, I might be switching teams. I am now looking at the Bandit 1390xp. Any thoughts? It's a drum chipper and looks pretty sweet! The 250 xp looks pretty awesome too.

Does anyone have experience with this chipper? I can find virtually no info/videos/reviews about it online. I currently have a BC100XLl which is ok but I would like something a little more rugged and powerful as I run it every day and do chip some pretty big stuff. I do, however, frequently need to get in tight spaces and drive over lawns etc. so I don't think I really want to go bigger than 12". So, is this chipper really a step up from the BC1000xl? Are the dual feed rollers better? Does the manual crush come in handy? I find that the BC1000xl has a hard time pulling in limby material and softwoods with lots of branches like Christmas trees which is very annoying. And I find 85 hp not really enough when chipping larger material. I do like the giant infeed roller on the bc1000xl because it climbs over large material whereas it seems like the 2 smaller rollers on the bc1200xl and the bandit chippers would have a hard time with that. Any info would be appreciated. I would also consider a Bandit chipper but I have never used one. It seems like Bandit has way more 12" options which I find a little overwhelming. The Vermeers look better engineered but I know better looks doesn't necessarily mean better chipping. Anyway, any info or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I demo'd 1200 in August (currently have a 1000) yeah the dual feed rollers grabbed stronger but for what I do I don't think paying the extra for the 1200 would make any difference. Nice chipper yeah. I also didn't like where the put the fuel tank (exposed) I haven't run a bandit before so can't comment. Been happy with my 1000 so no complaints. They wanted $43,000 for the one I demo'd. What are they there?

I demo'd 1200 in August (currently have a 1000) yeah the dual feed rollers grabbed stronger but for what I do I don't think paying the extra for the 1200 would make any difference. Nice chipper yeah. I also didn't like where the put the fuel tank (exposed) I haven't run a bandit before so can't comment. Been happy with my 1000 so no complaints. They wanted $43,000 for the one I demo'd. What are they there?

Never ran a bandit? :msp_lol: Deevo holy cow man get to your nearest dealer for a demo you will be a changed person.

Never ran a bandit? :msp_lol: Deevo holy cow man get to your nearest dealer for a demo you will be a changed person.

I know I know, a Nortrax dealer is now selling bandit and its 10 mins away. Spring time I will demo one. The only ones that run Bandit around here are Davey and one Municipality.

Latest posts

Back