Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, here's a theoretical question for y'all - If you could bring any one vintage saw back into modern production what would it be, and why?
I would have to say the McCulloch PM700, because it seems to have the best power to weight ratio of most saws I've picked up.

I would also say the XL-700 gives it a run for its money because it's 77cc and right at 14lbs pho, but since I haven't run it yet I can't vouch for it yet.

Hi there , I'm gonna build one 051 from this junkpile ; guy was saying there is everything to rebuild one but it's missing a carburetor and some other parts ... But for 40 euros I won't be crying :) I found a ts510 for the parts missing . I have to clean all these parts to see what I really have , one crank is broken and there are all models ; old one , electronic and maybe middle production
View attachment 569336
Man I would love to have a basket case 051 to put back together! It's like a big kid puzzle lol

Saw I want to bring back would be one of the Pro Mac 10-10 series. (Also cause I want one). Best sounding one, probably one of the newer Homelite 350, 360, 750...Class saws. I'm not too picky on what they sound like. Any saw running is music to my ears, much unlike a majority of the stuff on the radio nowadays.

He is another good one, which Chainsaw had the best sounding exhaust stock, vintage or new.

I vote the McCulloch 10 series on up had hands down the best sound, one of the most disting sounds, you can definitely pick it out lol
Remington PL-7.
Or Homelite C series with haystack muffler...

Hi there , I'm gonna build one 051 from this junkpile ; guy was saying there is everything to rebuild one but it's missing a carburetor and some other parts ... But for 40 euros I won't be crying :) I found a ts510 for the parts missing . I have to clean all these parts to see what I really have , one crank is broken and there are all models ; old one , electronic and maybe middle production
View attachment 569336

Now that will be a good project!

My neighbor brought this too me, found it in his barn and he says that it's been "at least 30 years" since he's even touched it. He forgot he had it until they moved some stuff around and there it was. Anyone know anything about them? It seems like the bar is huge for this size saw. I think this thing is too far gone to revive so it may hang above the shop door as decor lol...

Attachments

• 20170330_202303.jpg
    20170330_202303.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 34
  • 20170330_202323.jpg
    20170330_202323.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 38
  • 20170330_202253.jpg
    20170330_202253.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 37
  • 20170330_202310.jpg
    20170330_202310.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
My neighbor brought this too me, found it in his barn and he says that it's been "at least 30 years" since he's even touched it. He forgot he had it until they moved some stuff around and there it was. Anyone know anything about them? It seems like the bar is huge for this size saw.
3.7 cubic inches, somewhere around 60cc's. They can pull up to a 24" bar. 20" was usually the standard length they came with.
Made by Roper.

My neighbor brought this too me, found it in his barn and he says that it's been "at least 30 years" since he's even touched it. He forgot he had it until they moved some stuff around and there it was. Anyone know anything about them? It seems like the bar is huge for this size saw. I think this thing is too far gone to revive so it may hang above the shop door as decor lol...

Made by Roper.
47baddeddc5d6f930ecbb84862bc2b22.jpg
I have it in blue with original roller bar. Runs too just has crack in fuel tank. Cool little saw

Latest posts

Back