Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b8f20ef8c7a7977cbaf5b889f7244a36.jpg
thought there may be some appreciation for this one. My 041 crew with the new super in the group. A couple need work but they are my crew. I have a deep love for the 041. It all started with Boomer and the farm boss :).
Man that full wrap is sexy!

Here is a pic from the other side...
View attachment 568852
Yep that Saw was manufactured by Roper co. I don't know a whole lot about them other than they produced some of the first craftsman saws before they started contracting out to Poulan and Homelite. My understanding is Roper made a solid Saw, I've never seen a 3.1 high performance though, so you might have a little gem there, I see a lot of those in the 3.7 version.

It looks like a pretty uncommon saw and it looks to be in good shape. I've never seen one. I'd see if I can get it cheap and get it going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I got it cheap enough... haven't tried much more than a pull to get a feel for compression yet...

Oh I got it cheap enough... haven't tried much more than a pull to get a feel for compression yet...
Well I tried to start the Craftsman 3.1 tonight.... it took four pulls to get it to run. Two tweeks to the idle screw and she was purring. The chain looks like he11 and doesn't cut for anything. The model number on the bottom is 917.353810

The answer is NO I don't need any more saws, I have enough projects as already is, but perhaps I can get it for a steal. Darn CAD kicking in again.

Think I will give it a week, and if it is still there give them an offer. Hopefully it goes because I need more running saws, and less money pits.

Back