Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go to Houston for work every now and then so I was trying to gauge it based off of that, Houston is 4 hours from Shreveport.

As much as I hate the big city I would roll down there to meet a fellow ASer. Whatever works out best. It'd be fun to meet someone who enjoyed saws like me and save you some shipping at the same time.

As much as I hate the big city I would roll down there to meet a fellow ASer. Whatever works out best. It'd be fun to meet someone who enjoyed saws like me and save you some shipping at the same time.
Same here, if your 3 hours from 1-20 Louisiana line I would be willing to mee you somewhere half way. I drive/ride long distances often so it's nothing to me. We will have to set something up after all the holidays are said and done and I actually have some more money to spend.

@Boomer 87 where did you get your 655 from and did you have to pay a lot for it? I feel like it's going to be hard to run across a saw that size down here this far south.

I actaully met a guy in Missouri about 2hrs from me, i paid 400 for it but its really clean original shape and i wanted it badly. So i had to pay to play

I actaully met a guy in Missouri about 2hrs from me, i paid 400 for it but its really clean original shape and i wanted it badly. So i had to pay to play
Just making sure I have a decent idea of what one is worth. I saw one in decent shape with a 30" bar that had only ever been used as a stump saw go for about 350-400 on eBay. So that's about right for a good clean looking one I guess.

What to you guys think of this XL-870, I'm thinking of bidding on it. I love the color scheme on those saws. My only hesitation is he says the piston is scored a bit, and I don't know how hard it would be to find another decent used Crankcase.

Attachments

• IMG_4242.PNG
    IMG_4242.PNG
    441.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4243.PNG
    IMG_4243.PNG
    359.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4244.PNG
    IMG_4244.PNG
    477.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4247.PNG
    IMG_4247.PNG
    343.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4248.PNG
    IMG_4248.PNG
    320.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4246.PNG
    IMG_4246.PNG
    386.6 KB · Views: 17
So the 925 most definitely had an air leak somewhere. I was messing around with it today and that thing took off after I pressed the throttle and when I let off it kept going, it didn't seem like it was going to slow down so I killed it and it kept going for a few seconds then snatched the little bit of slack in the pull rope out and the handle went flying back up in the air lol.

I have a couple questions for you guys.
1. On a pioneer p52 is the clutch threads left hand threads? The nut on top of the clutch was right hand thread.
2. I tried using a flywheel puller to remove the flywheel and it wouldn't budge. Anything else to try?
The saw is hard to turn and has corrosion in the case.
Now a not related question
3. Can anyone post a picture of a stihl 056 SEM ignition mounted on a saw? It seems to fit best with the spark plug wire on the bottom. And does the switch wire go under the module?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can take a pic of my 056 it has the SEM ign. I can do it after work today. As far as the flywheel goes if its tapered shaft, ive been able hold the saw just off a table surface by the flywheel and have someone smite the end of the crank with a soft punch, aluminum or Brass.

I can take a pic of my 056 it has the SEM ign. I can do it after work today. As far as the flywheel goes if its tapered shaft, ive been able hold the saw just off a table surface by the flywheel and have someone smite the end of the crank with a soft punch, aluminum or Brass.

Thanks. I tried that on the flywheel with no luck. Also, Do you know if the clutch threads are right handed or left handed?

I totally forgot to pull the flywheel off my 056 i will pull it first thing in the morning sorry

I totally forgot to pull the flywheel off my 056 i will pull it first thing in the morning sorry

There is no hurry, I am leaving tomorrow morning to spend the rest of the weekend with my girlfriend and then I have to go back to school and then I have finals. I hate for you to pull your flywheel just for that, do you remember if the plug wire is on the bottom or the top and if you ran switch wire above the coil or below. I have the SEM module on one saw and a bosch on the other.

Back