Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what does the underside of the 245a and the 306a caps look like? Are they the same? My 306a was sputtering the other day when it wouldn't start so I used the 2z463 cap to get the saw running. When I looked under both caps the Dayton didn't have the duck bill looking thing and the 306a did, so I am confused lol

@Kensie1988 there's actually 2 countervibes in the pic of 4. He sent me pictures of the labels. There is a 2300 and 3400. If you come around and are interested let me know

Both should have duckbill valves, look down there with flashlight youll see a metal star of sorts you pick it out stick your new valve through it and use a small diameter deepwell socket and tap it back down in the hole

Gotcha, I'll have to replace them both then, there is still a fuel issue with the Dayton, when I turn it clutch side down it starts puttering and wants to die.

@Kensie1988 there's actually 2 countervibes in the pic of 4. He sent me pictures of the labels. There is a 2300 and 3400. If you come around and are interested let me know
Well I am interested so be sure you hold on to both of them lol, I have a saw purchase lined out already for December but I will be in the market for one in January.

Well I am interested so be sure you hold on to both of them lol, I have a saw purchase lined out already for December but I will be in the market for one in January.

I will have them in hand tomorrow. I've never been a big poulan fan so unless holding them tickles my fancy they will be waiting for you. I'd even meet at the state line if you wanted.

You might check on the dayton if the fuel line is hard it may not be falling to the fuel when you tip it to one side, check that before you tear it way down

O and i just bought a pioneer p41, dad picked it up for me. I havent eveb got to hold it yet, so im kinda freaking out lol. Super stoked as its just a little brother to my poulan 655bp

Im tellin you CAD is a legit sickness, everytime i buy another saw i think to myself i really need to thin the herd. I justify another saw purchase bc "ill just sell a couple and replace it with just this one " then i dont lol.

Im tellin you CAD is a legit sickness, everytime i buy another saw i think to myself i really need to thin the herd. I justify another saw purchase bc "ill just sell a couple and replace it with just this one " then i dont lol.

That's how I started. I just can't let go

I will have them in hand tomorrow. I've never been a big poulan fan so unless holding them tickles my fancy they will be waiting for you. I'd even meet at the state line if you wanted.
We can definitely work something out, how far down I-20 are you, because I don't mind driving into Texas a ways.

O and i just bought a pioneer p41, dad picked it up for me. I havent eveb got to hold it yet, so im kinda freaking out lol. Super stoked as its just a little brother to my poulan 655bp
I'm trying to hold out for a good Pioneer as well, I'd love to get my hands on a P65, I think that's what it is.

P65 is basically my poulan 655 i believe, absolute monster of a saw. The chainsaw guy on youtube says with a skip tooth chain it will pull a 50" bar

P65 is basically my poulan 655 i believe, absolute monster of a saw. The chainsaw guy on youtube says with a skip tooth chain it will pull a 50" bar
I saw him showcase one and it was beastly saw for sure. He had that thing running like 12k rpm.

Ya ive watched like every video he posts lol. Super intelligent ive talked to him on the phone before

Ya ive watched like every video he posts lol. Super intelligent ive talked to him on the phone before
Yea, I can just tell by the way he talks and how he always makes videos of saws that have been to several different shops before ending at his and he fixes them so easily. It's like you just wish you can download all of the knowledge of chainsaws in that mans head lol. And I love how he's always like, " this was a really popular saw, we used to work on hundreds of these a week." Lol

Back