Vintage Chainsaw Museum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been keeping busy still trying to get the parts sorted, organized, and identified in such a way that I can track them down even when someone does not have the part number available. Not as easy as it sounds...

My son Jeff has been coming on Saturdays and his furlough days (environmental testing is slow in the winter months) helping me find things and getting them organized in the attic. We recently went through all of the pistons, rings, crankshafts, connecting rods, and clutches & related parts.

20230308_095407.jpg

20230308_095331.jpg

Today we put up the plaques I've been collecting from the vintage chainsaw event in Baraboo, WI over the years. This is the hallway that connects the display up front with the workshop in the back.

20230311_134838.jpg

That's 10 years worth...and I just realized I forgot to take the string down when we were finished.

Mark

I've been keeping busy still trying to get the parts sorted, organized, and identified in such a way that I can track them down even when someone does not have the part number available. Not as easy as it sounds...

My son Jeff has been coming on Saturdays and his furlough days (environmental testing is slow in the winter months) helping me find things and getting them organized in the attic. We recently went through all of the pistons, rings, crankshafts, connecting rods, and clutches & related parts.

Today we put up the plaques I've been collecting from the vintage chainsaw event in Baraboo, WI over the years. This is the hallway that connects the display up front with the workshop in the back.

View attachment 1065374

That's 10 years worth...and I just realized I forgot to take the string down when we were finished.

Mark
I have a few of those plaques. :)

Is this forum still working? I have an old Eager Beaver McCulloch here in Australia it kind of works when I give it a spray with engine starter, is it of value to anyone?

There were 5 or 6 different models (at least) that were branded "Eager Beaver" at one time or another including Mini Macs, 600 Series, 300 Series, 3200's, Jenn Feng saws, others?

Try posting in the McCulloch Chainsaw thread in the "chainsaw stickies" section, you will get more views there.

Mark

Philbert stopped by this weekend to give me a hand getting some saws moved over and cleaned up so they can move in to the display.

20230415_094039.jpg

20230415_164325.jpg

Even after a good cleaning some are still pretty rough...I'll have to find a spot for them high up on the shelves so you don't notice so much.

Mark

Latest posts

Back