Want to but apprehensive

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been called utterly stupid a few times, and it was long before making your aquaintance here in cyber-world, DUDE. Being an admitted divorcee as you are, I'm sure you've been called the same, DUDE.

I didn't think I liked this Arborist101 site too much, but it kinda grows on a gent. I like the comraderie y'all display :cheers:, and I even get to use terms that well, my kids use every day.... DUDE. I think I'll stay. HAH !!!!

Been called utterly stupid a few times, and it was long before making your aquaintance here in cyber-world, DUDE. Being an admitted divorcee as you are, I'm sure you've been called the same, DUDE.

I didn't think I liked this Arborist101 site too much, but it kinda grows on a gent. I like the comraderie y'all display :cheers:, and I even get to use terms that well, my kids use every day.... DUDE. I think I'll stay. HAH !!!!

Yea stay don't be run off by anyone your skin will be like leather soon and the rediculous things that some feg hits you with will simply make you chuckle , remember that these tree experts might just be some 12 yr old boy with a book about trees posing as a know it all typing away while sniffing modeling glue in there moms bathroom....

Yea stay don't be run off by anyone your skin will be like leather soon and the rediculous things that some feg hits you with will simply make you chuckle , remember that these tree experts might just be some 12 yr old boy with a book about trees posing as a know it all typing away while sniffing modeling glue in there moms bathroom....

and for this rep hore, if you are talking about me, I searched your posts, and cannot find a pic of you in a tree. plenty of lipwagging though.
a tree guy from mars.:dizzy: you siding with a dikhead HO shows what you are made of.

I don't give a rats arse if anyone here likes me, but I climb good and cut well, and have posted hundreds of pics. I'll go climb a maple over a house today and post the pics tonight, while you smoke meth in your mom's basement.

whether you like me or not, I AM a good climber, and do really cool
work all over the country most guys on here would die for.................
Listen to the advice of someone who has years of experience, or not.
I DON"T CARE. I only care about guys willing to listen and learn.

Last edited:
you siding with a dikhead HO shows what you are made of.

HAH !!! Now I'm just a lowly ####head Homeowner that souldn't even own a saw. HEEHEEE !!! That has the brass gonies to post on "your" beloved site. You're correct in assuming one thing there "tool boy". More than likely, not many people like you. From PM's I'm getting, many on this site don't like you. Stand-up guy you are. "I fly all over the country".... "I have pictures of me standing on trees"... Toot Toot !!! Does everybody hear my horn blowing ? HAHA !!! You're a joke that feels he has to validate his status. TOOL !!!

DUDE... SWEET... DUDE.... SWEET. Hey, I may be 45 but I've seen that movie. "Dude where's my Car ?". It certainly wouldn't garner any awards eh ? Hahaha.

Dale,

Do you have spurs or can borrow a pair?

What type safety attachment points on the borrowed harness? Dorsal (between the shoulderblades) are almost useless for tree climbing. Can I assume it at least has side "D-rings"?

What type of lanyard do you have or can borrow? Steel workers safety lanyards are usually nonadjustable in length and/or have bungy soft fall segments in them, neither suitable for tree climbing.

You say you have 150' of "good" rope. Never heard of that brand. Do you intend to climb on rope, if so how do you intend to tie in? Is the ropes constuction suitable for a closed system with a friction hitch? What friction hitch do you intend to use? Or perhaps you have rated rock rope and ascenders?

Lastly, what species of Maple is it? Is it prone to barberchair if you are cutting a heavily end-weighted arching limb? Would you know the difference?

You say you listen to advice. That's debatable, little evidence of it in this thread so far.

But setting that aside, there are too many unknowns about your gear and work plan to even give you any useful advice.

If you'd like to generate some tips and a strategy, post up some photos of the trees and either complete descriptions or photos of your gear.

RedlineIt

Dale,

Do you have spurs or can borrow a pair?

What type safety attachment points on the borrowed harness? Dorsal (between the shoulderblades) are almost useless for tree climbing. Can I assume it at least has side "D-rings"?

What type of lanyard do you have or can borrow? Steel workers safety lanyards are usually nonadjustable in length and/or have bungy soft fall segments in them, neither suitable for tree climbing.

You say you have 150' of "good" rope. Never heard of that brand. Do you intend to climb on rope, if so how do you intend to tie in? Is the ropes constuction suitable for a closed system with a friction hitch? What friction hitch do you intend to use? Or perhaps you have rated rock rope and ascenders?

Lastly, what species of Maple is it? Is it prone to barberchair if you are cutting a heavily end-weighted arching limb? Would you know the difference?

You say you listen to advice. That's debatable, little evidence of it in this thread so far.

But setting that aside, there are too many unknowns about your gear and work plan to even give you any useful advice.

If you'd like to generate some tips and a strategy, post up some photos of the trees and either complete descriptions or photos of your gear.

RedlineIt
or maybe you could fly the tree slayer over to give you a free estimate:laugh:

or maybe you could fly the tree slayer over to give you a free estimate:laugh:

Well that wouldn't make very much sense but I have seen offers to pay airfare for qualified arborist posted right here in our own employment forum. Especially back when Katrina hit. I don't understand why that seems so far fetched to some people. One of our own regular posters and former mod here was flown into my area to work a storm a couple of years ago. I was glad to have a chance to meet him and work a little with his outfit.

or maybe you could fly the tree slayer over to give you a free estimate

:hmm3grin2orange: I'd never be able to book him. Heck, my guess is he's one of the American Idol contestants right about now. Then after he wins that, he'll develop a cure for a horrible disease, and then..........

Redline, go back some posts. My decision was made. They're coming down (whole). My "good rope" will be used to add some tension once I'm in my backcut. I'm not logger, but have been felling trees for years and years for firewood. I'm not rookie when it comes to fell'n, can't say the same for climbing. Yeah, I listen. Some worthy advice was given here (I listen), and obviously, some others just wanted to spout worthless venom, but there are "Tool Boy's" in every crowd.

Dale, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt because you are a long time member here but you have indeed turned into a troll on this forum and seem to be bringing your firewood buddies along for the ride. It seems all you care to do is mock our profession and members there of.

What exactly are you trying to bring to our professional forum here? Ridicule for the profession?

You asked a question and got an answer from the pros that work in the field everyday. That is more than what is usually afforded Joe Homeowner around here. What more do you want? To pick a fight with someone in their own forum? Now that is ludicrous...

My gear has been on helos, float planes, river barges, crummies, trains, even the occasional Greydog. All by choice.

I've worked with climbers with work visas from France, England, Germany, New Zealand, Australia, Michigan and Minnesota.

Don't understand how using ones trade to travel can be seen as having a downside. Travel is one of the most educational things a person can undertake.

RedlineIt

:hmm3grin2orange: I'd never be able to book him. Heck, my guess is he's one of the American Idol contestants right about now. Then after he wins that, he'll develop a cure for a horrible disease, and then..........

Redline, go back some posts. My decision was made. They're coming down (whole). My "good rope" will be used to add some tension once I'm in my backcut. I'm not logger, but have been felling trees for years and years for firewood. I'm not rookie when it comes to fell'n, can't say the same for climbing. Yeah, I listen. Some worthy advice was given here (I listen), and obviously, some others just wanted to spout worthless venom, but there are "Tool Boy's" in every crowd.

Dale,

Thought I saw something in there about the trees being too big to come down with one basal cut?

Since your fear of these trees is that they will uproot, smash your house and kill your family, I assumed they were pretty close to your house. So you must be intending to fell them roughly parallel to the house. Have at it.

What could go wrong?

RedlineIt

attachment.php
Climbing outta the bucket

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo View Post
or maybe you could fly the tree slayer over to give you a free estimate

Well that wouldn't make very much sense but I have seen offers to pay airfare for qualified arborist posted right here in our own employment forum. Especially back when Katrina hit. I don't understand why that seems so far fetched to some people. One of our own regular posters and former mod here was flown into my area to work a storm a couple of years ago. I was glad to have a chance to meet him and work a little with his outfit.

Tree MD, Guess what I find the best part about traveling? Getting to pick WHO I work with. Not for, but with.
The teamwork I get to see is phenomenal, and worth traveling for.:cheers:
I turn down a lot of offers, and screen em hard.
you, any-day.

and for this rep hore, if you are talking about me, I searched your posts, and cannot find a pic of you in a tree. plenty of lipwagging though.
a tree guy from mars.:dizzy: you siding with a dikhead HO shows what you are made of.

I don't give a rats arse if anyone here likes me, but I climb good and cut well, and have posted hundreds of pics. I'll go climb a maple over a house today and post the pics tonight, while you smoke meth in your mom's basement.

whether you like me or not, I AM a good climber, and do really cool
work all over the country most guys on here would die for.................
Listen to the advice of someone who has years of experience, or not.
I DON"T CARE. I only care about guys willing to listen and learn.

laughable it's the first time that I have chuckled at on of your posts , maybe my new location will be in your classroom theres a plethera of knowledge there I can see ..

laughable it's the first time that I have chuckled at on of your posts , maybe my new location will be in your classroom theres a plethera of knowledge there I can see ..

Glad you laughed. hate to offend you, that was rather rude of me. I seriously doubt you're any kind of junkie, except adrenalin :D

I liked the nubs pic, with your foot. shows your a footstep guy. me too....
:cheers:

Glad you laughed. hate to offend you, that was rather rude of me. I seriously doubt you're any kind of junkie, except adrenalin :D

I liked the nubs pic, with your foot. shows your a footstep guy. me too....
:cheers:

I posted a few unsavory things than deleted them , I was offended by your post but I am over it now , I must learn to be an adult and I am really glad that you didn't read any of them, so hopefully my dedication to tree care won't be questioned again good luck and be safe..

Back