We all love pics, so post up your pics (saw/wood related).

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The evergrowing woodpile

The state firewood permit has expired. Took out 5 1/2 cord and have been splitting and stacking like a madman.

The pictures are of the growing pile, my 2 primary saws (288 and 036) and my five year old(very proud to lift the 288)

Thanks for the instructions on how to post pictures.

Have a great night,
Jason

DSC07312.jpg

DSC07317.jpg

DSC07323.jpg

bought my house a year ago and somebody felt having cedar trees on the property line was a good idea. the biggest was near 70 feet and only 18 feet from the house. several where rotten in the middle. i hired a pro(i'm just a home owner) to drop them. i felt i could do the rest. needless to say 12 trees dropped in a small space makes for alot of work:greenchainsaw:

Some Pictures out at the wood lot today, Just thinning out and clearing some lot lines. Thought you might like to see what our bush looks like!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This picture is taken about halfway up the lot where it take a dogleg along the bottom of a cliff and is the first time that I have been at that corner since I bought the property. I was just clearing the line and remarking the survey pegs. Also found an apple tree in there with fruit on it.

View is of the Atlantic ocean in Holyrood bay.

attachment.php

Ok, here's some picts from me...

My customer/friend is building a timber frame barn/cabin. Here's it is, a "work in progress",

standard.jpg

These are some red oak logs i harvested, to saw out some "half rounds" for stair treads for the barn/cabin. Actually i had to harvest several tree's to get all the "half rounds" i needed...

standard.jpg

Once on the mill, i started by leveling them across the top, and cutting 7" thick slabs off for the "half rounds".

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Once i had them all sawn, i picked them up with the pallet forks,

standard.jpg

and put them in my pu so i could deliver them...

standard.jpg

AND, here's the stairs that's "also" a work in progress!

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Hope you liked the picts!

Rob

here's my contribution. that tree is a red oak that was over 5 feet across the butt. The closest of the two main trunks was less than 6 inches from the eve of the camp. If I remember correctly that Husky is a 282 with a 288 piston and jug. the starter cord has a handle from a sled, because there's no decomp button, and the old one really killed the hand.

OK, here's a few more...

I took a job to "saw out" all the material for a "long" covered porch that's going on a huge Barn/cabin. In this "deal", i also agreed to harvest all the white pine logs i'll need from my customer/friends woodlot.

Here's the first tree i chose to harvest...

standard.jpg

After cutting all of the lower limbs off the trunk, cleaning out around the tree, and knotching the trunk, i put my "timberjack" in place, and started my cut... Once i was in a bit, i pounded a wedge in, and sawed to the "hindge".

standard.jpg

Then i pulled the saw out, and cranked the handle on the timberjack... and over it went..

standard.jpg

once it was over i started "limbing" the trunk and then sawing the logs out,

standard.jpg

Here's how i go to the woods, i'd rather use my "Grizzly" and then go back for the tractor after i have all the logs sawn out, and now it's time to go get that tractor!

standard.jpg

Next i skidded the logs out where i could get to them with the forks on the loader and started loading them on my running gear..

standard.jpg

A couple of the logs were pretty decent and with them loaded, it was time to head home..

standard.jpg

and here's one last look as i left the woodlot..

standard.jpg

The next project is to start milling these white pine logs, to the "materials list" my customer gave to me...

Hope you enjoyed the picts...

Rob

some don't seem to bright to me

what i don't understand is u guys that are felling trees, u wear ear and eye protection but no hard hat, well if ur dead no sense in being able to see or hear. I personally will not fell any trees without a hardhat on, i don't always wear eye and ear protection but always a hard hat. A friend of mines father was killed when a small limb hit him in the head.

Here are a few pic's of what I did yesterday, and today.
Hauling logs. It's only about 12 miles to where I'm hauling too, but it's down about a 12% + grade, makes it slow going and a lot of fun.

Andy

HaulingLogs019.jpg

HaulingLogs007.jpg

HaulingLogs011.jpg

Just a noob and homeowner here. I took out a few black cherry trees of my neighbors property this summer and some other odds and ends. Apple, poplar and birch. The property bordering hers was logged for the cherry trees and a lot of good tops were left behind. Those I hope to get over the winter.

This is getting down to the end of the work on the cherry trees. The small stuff. I need a bigger trailer. LOL
Pile1.jpg

I hand split about 2 1/2 cords. Great exercise
split1.jpg

My other neighbor helping with with another cord I cut from some of the logging leftovers. He took that right over to his splitter for me.
truckload.jpg

About 4 cords here. Two 12' runs and five 8" footers.
woodpile.jpg

Some stash. A friend had some trees taken out and gave me the wood. 2 1/2 pick up loads here.
cutwood1.jpg

The Husky 350 I got this year. Still a virgin in this pic. This was to upgrade from my 141 that still runs like a top. It bailed the 350 a couple times when it got pinched.
350new.jpg

I've learned a lot from the site and thanks to everyone for sharing your experience.

Kevin

Alaska Timber

Hey All,

Here is a pic from Southeast AK up on the west side of Prince of Wales Island. This was taken at a place called Election Creek in October of '91. I set the camera up and took this before I got started for the day...that's why it looks like I'm still half asleep. There were 10,000 bf in the first three logs! Later that afternoon I wasn't looking in the right direction and got my pelvis broke in 6 places...such is the life of a logger.

Enjoy!

Mike

Hey All,

Here is a pic from Southeast AK up on the west side of Prince of Wales Island. This was taken at a place called Election Creek in October of '91. I set the camera up and took this before I got started for the day...that's why it looks like I'm still half asleep. There were 10,000 bf in the first three logs! Later that afternoon I wasn't looking in the right direction and got my pelvis broke in 6 places...such is the life of a logger.

Enjoy!

Mike

Welcome to the site!! but where's the pic?!?!?

Latest posts

Back