Well I did it! Made it officail! Now how do you hide your chainsaw purchases!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Teddy.Scout

She put up with the smell of 2 cycle in the den, kitchen and dinning room.
Didn't mind the saw dust in the carpet.
Feeds my dogs. (they are little bears!)
So I did it!
It was a small close family wedding! She said a couple hours away from the shop and toys would do me good! She was right!!!!
Wish me luck!:givebeer:

attachment.php

My lil lap dogs!
attachment.php

Get saws that look a lot a like. 044, 046, 460, etc. And never keep them all together.

She'll think your just moving the same few saws around a lot.

Congrats! May you grow very old together and may all your years be happy and full of meaning for both of you.

Mr. HE:cool:

Get saws that look a lot a like. 044, 046, 460, etc. And never keep them all together.

She'll think your just moving the same few saws around a lot.

Good one. :D I'll have to figure something out like this in my outboard collection too.

just this weekend; I started to mention that i need a bigger saw, she says you already have two :laugh: then i say that they are too small for the wood that I as always getting into. needless to say she hasent seen my 066 I just want her to give in just in case she sees me with that monster and a little tiny one together. I am trying to keep them all the same colors and to keep her beliving that I only have two :rockn:

Congrats Teddy.Scout! :clap::clap:

Man, where do you find one like that? I always manage to get 'that' look whenever any of those happen.

Must say, you don't have a real bad case of CAD........ no saws at the wedding??? :D

b4b.

Congrats! My trick is to beg and whine until she gets sick of hearing about saws and other various power tools. Works every time.

Congratulations to you both!
It took me 10+ years to get with the program & marry mine. She is definitely a keeper. She doesn't say much about the stuff I buy.

wedding: tiny picture
dogs and saws: big picture

not off to good start there........

congrats though.

I've never understood all the games playing. we are adults, figured out a budget and each has some money to spend however we want.

but I do think the purses and shoes is the best analogy/comeback/rationalizing to 'whydo you need all those tools.'

my 'new' bride has found great interest in shooting, some sawing, and even one try at riding a motorcycle.
she be a good one in a lot more important long term ways and I am thankful.

k

Our marital rules on this subject include:

All purchases over $25, are discussed(she made me add that she has to be awake now,Got busted on that one)

Neither of us will ever loan anything out without consulting the other.(you need that, go ahead it is in the garage)

Neither of us will ever volunteer the other one with consulting the other.(my husband will cut that for you)

Both of us created "cheat sheets" for things that we would like as birthday gifts, Christmas gifts etc. (mine even has part numbers on it)

Congratulations ! Marrying My Wife Was The Best Thing I Ever Did

Now, keep a cash slush fund for saws and such. I just keep buying saws that look similar to the ones i already had. Then...... when I though she might notice the group getting larger, i just split them up and keep a couple downstairs in the barn..... a couple upstairs in the barn. She has no more of an idea how many saws i have than i know how many pairs of shoes she has.

congrads.....keep an account seperate for cad purchases

VERY good advice. My wife and I have separate "mad money" accounts and they work great. These are accounts separate from the "house account" where the paychecks go. Each month the bank transfers some money automatically to each mad money account.

The rule is each person can do whatever they want with their mad money and the other cannot say a single word about it. So when she walks in with that 5th black leather coat or her 9th pair of black shoes, I keep my lip zipped. When I buy that 18th router or like the time I bought my second Delta Unisaw she could not say a word, and she didn't. When that shiny MS660 came into the door two months ago she asked how much and my only response was "mad money" and she turned and walked away. :D

Congrats on the wedding. I hope you guys make it a long and fruitful one as well.

As for hiding saws. well lets just say that my saw money never makes it to the bank where the ole lady (my mother that is) can see how much i got. Im really gonna have a fun time trying ot hide a 460. Gonna put a down payment on that jewel for long.

Last edited:
My saws make us money during otherwise free time. In the winter my wife is by the stove like a cat laying on the couch basking in the sun. A garage full of stacks of milled beams and boards helps add to the positive point category. I think she figures it makes me happy and keeps me out of trouble, and as long as we don't have to eat pinto beans for a week straight at the end of the month she doesn't say anything. To keep that from happening I'll put a little away here and there in case I run into saw I can't pass up ;). Congrats on the new wife! i wouldn't want to be without mine :angel:-fine women indeed!

Darn, wish my wife liked shoes....... then I could buy more saws. She's as frugal as they come so I get to be also.

Back