Well, I got a 562XP.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
......T-shirt at the dealer meeting today. HAHA! Sorry boys, couldn't resist.

OK, release date is October 1st, so we've only got another 10 days to wait. Do not know the prices yet. They had one there at the meeting, so most guys got their first look at one. The first week of October will be a lot of fun, huh?

Got some other interesting saw news.

The T-540 comes out in January 2012

Lot's of new things by this time next year.

2012 will be the last year for the 346XP, which will be replaced by the 550XP. There will also be a 545 replacing the 353. Both will be auto-tune. Even the 455/460 Ranchers are going to get auto-tune.

And a surprise that I hadn't heard of yet: 543XP; a smaller, lighter chassis that sounds like it might be a modern version of the old 242XP. Also auto-tune. Cool!

So, that's the basics. 10 days and counting.............:msp_thumbsup:

October 1st is Cool, still lots of season for cutting ! Loom forward to some $ numbers.

Now if I can find a local dealer who knows what Autotune is all about. My local dealers are all old school. They were like Auto what ? Thats a husky you askin about ? LOL

October 1st is Cool, still lots of season for cutting ! Loom forward to some $ numbers.

Now if I can find a local dealer who knows what Autotune is all about. My local dealers are all old school. They were like Auto what ? Thats a husky you askin about ? LOL

Interesting auto-tune story came out. a 576 had a leaking intake boot. The AT attempted to compensate for the leak by dumping more fuel into the saw, eventually flooding it. But, it saved the saw from a probable toasting of the piston and cylinder.

My meeting is on Oct. 5. Guess they won't have to field any questions about when that freakin saw is going to come out! :laugh:

Guess it's high time to stock up on 346xp's, they're gonna get bought up like they're going out of style. I'm excited for the next generation of saws coming out, this is going to be a sweet lineup if they employ similar technologies on the new stuff. They already seem to have an upper hand on weight.... And with further weight savings and power increases it's going to be damn hard to beat that kind of lineup.

My meeting is on Oct. 5. Guess they won't have to field any questions about when that freakin saw is going to come out! :laugh:

Guess it's high time to stock up on 346xp's, they're gonna get bought up like they're going out of style. I'm excited for the next generation of saws coming out, this is going to be a sweet lineup if they employ similar technologies on the new stuff. They already seem to have an upper hand on weight.... And with further weight savings and power increases it's going to be damn hard to beat that kind of lineup.

Yeah, the two dealers I was sitting with and I all said we were going to start hording 346's. One guy said he was going to order a pallet as soon as he got back to his shop. I mean........we got a year.

Spiked, is there any Husky literature , videos, or online source explaining the auto tune ?

Not to my knowledge. I know what it does, but I don't know how it does it. There are some advanced 2-stroke classes coming this winter at which AT will be covered in depth, so we'll all get brought up to speed on this.

I'm going to disappear for a few hours; I'll check in with you guys later this evening.

Not to my knowledge. I know what it does, but I don't know how it does it. There are some advanced 2-stroke classes coming this winter at which AT will be covered in depth, so we'll all get brought up to speed on this.

I'm going to disappear for a few hours; I'll check in with you guys later this evening.

They better make sure all dealers attend those classes.......:angel:

WOOOHOOOO!!!!! :blob2::blob2::blob2:

Oct. 1st!!!

No wait....seems like I have heard every dadgum month on the Calendar so far, and October is the next one.
I'll believe it when I see it.

I can't wait for the 455/460AT saws to hit. The head scratching hillarity that will ensue is gonna be priceless, and the only ones with any clue will be the local dealer. Poor guy is gonna be swamped with Box store warranty claims.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Autotune works excellent. I love my 576xp. Any saw I buy next WILL be autotune. I just put $82 into my 1989 288xp in seals, gaskets,ring & plug.. Now who wants to buy it ?? It runs great, needs new bar soon & has no chain brake.:)

Interesting auto-tune story came out. a 576 had a leaking intake boot. The AT attempted to compensate for the leak by dumping more fuel into the saw, eventually flooding it. But, it saved the saw from a probable toasting of the piston and cylinder.

Not to steal your thunder, but I ran into this with 2 MS280's with the IEM. It didn't flood the saw but it was
dumping enough fuel to some how keep it from getting scored. It ran screwy, from what they guy said when
he brought it in the shop, but he wasn't replacing a saw.

Regardless of brand from a Service Tech standpoint I'm excited about where these systems are going.

Last edited:
Yeah I am not a total idiot on adjusting carbs but any of my next saws will definitely be autotune or the stihl version, really wanting a 35-45 cc light autotune saw, would pay top dollar.

Back