Well, I got a 562XP.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to steal your thunder, but I ran into this with 2 MS280's with the IEM. It didn't flood the saw but it was
dumping enough fuel to some how keep it from getting scored. It ran screwy, from what they guy said when
he brought it in the shop, but he wasn't replacing a saw.

Regardless of brand from a Service Tech standpoint I'm excited about where these systems are going.

The new systems are indeed interesting and work amazingly well. The needed parameters are already monitored and I'm sure it will not be too long before obd will come about. M-tronic and Auto-Tune as mentioned will do there darnest to try and make the saw run as best as possible, even to the extend of trying to save it. The biggest thing to remeber is that the carb is well just that a carb, still has a pump and all the other parts, been seeing too many "ah the computer is messed up and having a full carb replacement done, for a tired diaphram (on a non AT saw it would have acted up months before it did with the auto tune).

I don't want a 562XP, but this empty beer can in my hand is pissing me off.............to the fridge I go!

That 543xp might be just the ticket for a small yard saw and small limbs. I'm waiting to see how the 562 does. If it's strong enough to pull a 20" bar real nice I might get one to use as my small saw paired with a 90 cc saw.

I run 3 of them from different people and they don't have enough torque for me. Most of the time a hot 70cc saw is my small saw. I'm getting a little soft considering a 60cc saw for the small one now so it better be strong.

Northern Viewers Update

For all our Canadian Readers.................As I gaze out onto the Tundra the only thing Orange I can see is my snowmobile! Keep on waiting for anything new on the shelves since the 346XP NE (to our southern friends that took a long time too). Things are a shaking at all levels up here, so hey we may even see a 372xt here one day..but most likely not, but as things are going right now I forsee a drop in prices and HOP Canada tries to pull its ass back off its head. To the great guys down in Charlotte NC, no I dont have snow right now, but when can I expect my current order of 254xp's! (Its fun to play with the new cust serv and tech, and warranty guys.....gotta wonder how many of them speak french?).

I run 3 of them from different people and they don't have enough torque for me. Most of the time a hot 70cc saw is my small saw. I'm getting a little soft considering a 60cc saw for the small one now so it better be strong.

It's tough getting old, isn't it? :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Great news Spike, sound like it gonna be exciting times, I sure hope the 562 turns out to be a winner, I love the specs on paper, could be the perfect firewood saw. 346xp sales will be through the roof.lol It's been a great run, I'm sure it's replacement will be even better. All these great new saw models from all the mfgs are a result of competition, we the users win, when the market responds with new products. Just wish I had a dealer like you in our part of the country.

Hey Spike,

Have you received any 327PT5S pole saws or did they have these at the meeting? If so I have a question for you.

543 XP sounds way badass!!!!

Sounds like husky is on a warpath with all these new models!

The 242 and the 024/240 were popular models here, so the 543xp may fit in very well - personally, I tend to feel that 50cc is small enough though - but that could change........:msp_biggrin:

Regarding "warpath", I think this simply is about their "second generation" strato saws, where one goal is to bring the power to weight at least back to pre-strato level.

The 543xp does sound interesting. My first saw was a 345, and I have always thought it was a great little saw. It is light and handles really well, and for small stuff up to about 6 inches it cuts really well too. If the 543xp turns out like a 345 on XP steroids (plus the pro build quality) it should be a real stunner. I'm definately interested.

Dang it Spike.....now I have to start buggin' my dealer about the release dates for the 550xp and the 543xp...they are going to lose her mind :dizzy:
-thanks for the updates :clap:

It is a bit early for that, isn't it? :laugh::laugh:

No it's not dealers should know a release date within 30 minutes of the first prototype being
constructed. And it's ok for AS nerds to start bugging dealers, atleast 3 months before the
new saw model is proposed at Husqvarna HQ. IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY!

Latest posts

Back