well i had nothing better too do

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah sorry - I threadjacked you. When someone asks 'does it get cold enough for fires' in Oz I just can't help myself. Round here the question might be better put as 'does it get warm enough to let the fire go out'!!

Nice to see what some other Victorians are up to on this site.

tim

sorry tim welcom to AS i've been as busy as a 1 legged bloke in a arrrrrs kicken contest today kids and all have a look at the dribble thread if you have'nt all ready http://www.arboristsite.com/stickies/175005.htm i think you will fit rite in :cheers:

Well... It's nice in theory, but in practice it doesn't amount to much. Firewood gathering is prohibited until March (I think) and the DSE aren't happy about the permits going, so they are cutting back on the firewood coupes. The coupes tend to be pretty sh!t wood to be honest, and the tracks get thrashed out by suburban heroes coming up on the weekends. I don't know anyone that lives around here that collects from the coupes.

The irony is, if a massive messmate comes down on the road and you happen to be the bunny caught cutting it up so that people can use the road, DSE get stroppy with you for 'unauthorised firewood collection'. :msp_mad:

Anyway, it's a bit academic for me at the moment: A massive candlebark came down at the back of our property over Xmas - took out 3 fences when it came down. If I want to collect firewood I toss the 576 over the back fence, cut what I can, roll the rounds back to the fence and split it and stack it. I've got over 4 cubic meters so far and haven't needed to start the car once! Nice.

It's a farce.

You still need a permit last I heard, only that no money is taken.

Bugger the coupes with their muddy crappy puddle lying junk, lol!

Welcome Tim.

Last edited:
attachment.php

and this is the next victim i'll have a video of this one too it's a leaner in to the bush away from the camera but she's gunna land in the paddock cheers

attachment.php

and this is the next victim i'll have a video of this one too it's a leaner in to the bush away from the camera but she's gunna land in the paddock cheers

Are you gonna climb into it's crutch with the 261 in one hand and the 390 in the other? :D Bit of firewood there old son :cheers:

i didn't know you new me that well haha

:D Oh and change your sig. It's an XPG, not an XPW. Come on mate, get it together ;)
Also get more videos up. I am currently riding the coat tails of others like yourself as I haven't done much cutting for ages :(
I'm getting Lackasawitis...

well here you go matt it's boring but you said you wanted a vid it's a 460 with a blunt 404 semi

[video=youtube;ErjVBzX-Z7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErjVBzX-Z7k&context=C307dbacADOEgsToPDskKsudLI0aJD0VFi-zMd5CAQ[/video]

well here you go matt it's boring but you said you wanted a vid it's a 460 with a blunt 404 semi

[video=youtube;ErjVBzX-Z7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErjVBzX-Z7k&context=C307dbacADOEgsToPDskKsudLI0aJD0VFi-zMd5CAQ[/video]

About time Darren. I was beginning to doubt you old son :cheers:
You and Andrew always come to the party...

you don't where i can get a .404 small spline rim sprocket do ya

Nah mate. Nobody lists one. You'd have to go custom I'd reckon. If you're thinking of .404" on the 261 even I'd start to worry mate :) I also think you'll find clutch cover clearance an issue with a 7 pin .404" rim and larger teethies.

That 460 looks VERY CLEAN.:laugh:

Dude you're the cleanliness king :D It does alright that thing considering it's .404" in hardwood. If that chain is blunt I'd hate to see it sharp!
I actually like the 044/440's and the 460's more than the 660's.

Nah mate. Nobody lists one. You'd have to go custom I'd reckon. If you're thinking of .404" on the 261 even I'd start to worry mate :) I also think you'll find clutch cover clearance an issue with a 7 pin .404" rim and larger teethies.

Dude you're the cleanliness king :D It does alright that thing considering it's .404" in hardwood. If that chain is blunt I'd hate to see it sharp!
I actually like the 044/440's and the 460's more than the 660's.

just wanted a 404 for a joke for you no who and i think i got a vid of it sharp but it was a bit graby had too sharpen it twice to get it's act together

Latest posts

Back