whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have been loading our burn pit with pine and spruce for a while now, last night my youngest boy had his going away party, so we have like 30 15-17y/o out there. Not doing anything wrong, makin a little noise, but it was only 7. Freakin punk aas neighbor, across the woods calls the cops again, same guy as the paint ball incident. Dude messed up, now he has a target on him. Going to make his life hell. He always smacks his kid around, time for some video and a call to DHS. Cop bout **** himself with the size of the fire. But called in the address after I told that we do it all the time and his boss has been to several, much bigger! He calls it in and they are like "yeah, no biggie" So the fire went on and the kids (who could have been running the streets instead) got wasted on pizza, soda and smores.
What a DICH!
Fire was big tho, maybe 50ft, for about 10 minutes

Dodging some office work (again). I'm gonna have to force myself to do it today. Got an estimate @ 10:00. I'm gonna have to do it in the old one ton, because I had to drop my pickup back off at my buddy's shop to finish the work he's doing to it. Hating it.. that truck doesn't even have a working sterio (at least it does sounds cool)!! Feels like I'm on lockdown all over again!! Lol.

Still wondering how I ever survived all that time... oh right, it almost killed me, that's how..

Yesterday I went to get my climb bag out from the back seat and it was gone. I spent an hour or so tracing back my steps. The truck was in the shop Mon&Tues and I picked it up Wed morn not even thinking about looking. I have been taking my trucks there for five years and dont think anyone one there would take it. I had a craftmans tool kit that is gone too. It pisses me off, all my climbing gear is in somones dirty F in hands.

Yesterday I went to get my climb bag out from the back seat and it was gone. I spent an hour or so tracing back my steps. The truck was in the shop Mon&Tues and I picked it up Wed morn not even thinking about looking. I have been taking my trucks there for five years and dont think anyone one there would take it. I had a craftmans tool kit that is gone too. It pisses me off, all my climbing gear is in somones dirty F in hands.

Man that sucks. I hope you find the rotten sob who has it.

I guess whenever there's a tree to cut?

Far as the whipper goes, just think of it as the difference between a real stump grinder (like the one you have), and one of them gay little 252 toys. Seriously.

Hahahahah feller I have used slow feeds not impressed, they cost too much to maintain. Also, too much standing in line waiting on it to eat lol instead of chomp gone :) Nope not gay at all made for men now a few times of getting whipped on the earlobe with mulberry in freezing temps separates the men from the ladies and hence the slow feed was born :poke:

Now that sucks, prolly some crack head, look in pawn shops I doubt they intend to use the gear!

Hahahahah feller I have used slow feeds not impressed, they cost too much to maintain. Also, too much standing in line waiting on it to eat lol instead of chomp gone :) Nope not gay at all made for men now a few times of getting whipped on the earlobe with mulberry in freezing temps separates the men from the ladies and hence the slow feed was born :poke:

Yeah.. well just make sure that thing doesn't snag your skirt and rip it off, exposing yer wizzard's sleeve to the elements, there, pard!! Hahaha. Sorry.. :hmm3grin2orange:

...just worked in the shop all day getting things ready for next week... sure glad its cooled off... feels good not to be cooking out there... there is even a little breeze moving thru from the southeast... finished that big hedge job yesterday... the client came home at lunch 4 days in a row at exactly the same time... and everyday he stopped and poked around in my side box drawers... yesterday he got a surprise when he picked up a hot snap that i heated up with the propane torch... i think he got the msg... anyway hope you guys are all doing alright out there bustin ur hump... enjoy ur weekend...[/QUOTE

As a company policy, we try not to burn or injure our clients on their property. Studies have shown it usually makes them very upset and they tend not to pay the bill.

lol good for him...

A little after noon time.
My trucks are on the road all week so I need Saturday (my time), to take care of stuff. So I go in this morning and take one of the chip truck's to get a tire replaced.
Front right tire cost $382.00 installed.
So I get it done and I go to park the truck in the yard.
I park it next to our rear-mount bucket truck.
As I get out and walk pass the boom truck, I see a Back-pack blower and a set of pole pruner's on the deck!
So, I put the pole pruner's in my truck and the blower too,
Someone is gonna get wrote up!
Jeff

A little after noon time.
My trucks are on the road all week so I need Saturday (my time), to take care of stuff. So I go in this morning and take one of the chip truck's to get a tire replaced.
Front right tire cost $382.00 installed.
So I get it done and I go to park the truck in the yard.
I park it next to our rear-mount bucket truck.
As I get out and walk pass the boom truck, I see a Back-pack blower and a set of pole pruner's on the deck!
So, I put the pole pruner's in my truck and the blower too,
Someone is gonna get wrote up!
Jeff

Lol get em Jeffy hell write me up I'll sign it :)

The kids are taking naps and the house is quiet. We have a sitter tonight and are going out to dinner at a nice italian restaurant.

Went with a friend of mine to brush out a 52" DBH sugar maple for the guy who does my milling. Nice weather day. While we were working we saw the Vice President go by. Stopped what we were doing to watch that go by. Bunch of troopers and the VP's cars.

While we were working we saw the Vice President go by. Stopped what we were doing to watch that go by. Bunch of troopers and the VP's cars.

When the G8/G20 was up here I was fortunate enough to work the G8. A lot of dignitaries being driven around. One of the coolest was seeing your president's Blackhawk fly about 100' overhead while coming in for a landing.
Quite the show. Saw a lot of neat stuff that week.

When the G8/G20 was up here I was fortunate enough to work the G8. A lot of dignitaries being driven around. One of the coolest was seeing your president's Blackhawk fly about 100' overhead while coming in for a landing.
Quite the show. Saw a lot of neat stuff that week.

Yeah and the f-16's and apaches they had on the ready in NorthBay fully loaded!

Last edited:
Dropped a few 60' red pines for a customer today between 2 houses 5' from the one on a good lean, stone dead, couldn't climb them or get a lift near them. Got a line up high and murphed em down between a row of some other red pines. Had a narrow margin but murphed em perfectly, then did the stumps. Piece of cake, no clean up was even better!

great sunday down here 1st good weather day in while and I'd lucked it in to drive that 69 tang again all around my local coast and hills with charity fund paying customers. How good is that, lunch a kool car & all I had to do was keep it on the road and smile.
It being left hand drive no issue now as piloted it a few times.

Yesterday spent all day pulling, marking, scoring targets at my full bore rifle club big yearly comp. Twas a long long day in the end i deserted my post leaving my comrades & retreated from the butts. Strewth I had served from 10 till 4 without relief and as a volunteer not a mercenary my conscious was clear. dunno who won but some bloke kept blowin away my marker n stick with a small fist tight 10 shot group from 500 meters thats impressive.

Murdered this little poplar yesturday. Got 3 nice logs to go the the mill. Best thing is I picked up another job from the one neighbor and gave a quote to the other neighbor. Got a locust removal for today.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Murdered this little poplar yesturday. Got 3 nice logs to go the the mill. Best thing is I picked up another job from the one neighbor and gave a quote to the other neighbor. Got a locust removal for today.

attachment.php

You need to build yourself a chip truck cause dragging that tree around the back of that setup seems painful ! , and then backing it out of there full on a wet lawn seems sketchy ! And I see tires marks

Latest posts

Back