whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hank & his pals stayed back a decent distance and they all vanished by the time the tree was down.
The front wheels of the crane just murdered that little strip of lawn between the two driveways. Fixing the moonscape gave the HO something to do and kept him occupied for about two hours.

Man the cribbing looks like crap.

Did some running around in the morning, nothing great. After lunch had a "friend" bring his bucket over to brush out this sugar maple for one of my clients. His chip truck is down, so I helped him last week pull his log trailer in order to go get a load of logs off a job so he could get paid. Today to return the favor he raised his hourly on the bucket by $25. I caught him on it, and he joked.. but man... I helped the guy last week and he tries to screw me in return???

We do a massive Chorisia (floss silk) every year. Gonna do it Thursday, I am gonna get a couple of pic's. I should of got some last year, but, oh welll.
Supposed to be near 100 degrees here tomorrow,
Jeff

I would like to see that. I have never tried trimming them due to the nasty spikes. You using a bucket?

2day...

b4...
PA175792.jpg

after...
PA175794.jpg

during break...
PA175796.jpg

Well break looks much better than the tree lol :) Been topped heavy and lionstailed looks like every year lol.

found it like that... so just did best i could... removed the suckers... fixed some horrible cuts... took out bad crossings... pruned the canopy (wouldnt fit in the pic)... and elevated it off the ground... its a huge mess of a tree in a tiny backyard... and she dont want to take it out...

Put one of my plows together yesturday. I have to adjust the lights and the hinge angle when i have my counter weight in the bed. One more plow to put together and then the dreaded truck mount.

attachment.php

Today was second time this year (the big leagues now, lol) I got to take life easy having the services of a crane dismantle a tree. The crane op / owner (Monty) is a really good guy, and his picks were very smooth. Which was good for my shaky mental equilibrium.
TV antenna got swallowed up and became one with the tree. - is visible in one of the pics below.
The pine was beside the septic bed - a tad squishy lately cause of the recent monsoon season.

View attachment 257560
View attachment 257563
View attachment 257565
View attachment 257567

Good job Dave, looks like some decent sized pics for that crane. What size crane is that he runs?

We ll did a bit of everything yesterday, climbed a decent sized white pine 2" from a cottage and growing outta the deck. They wanted 10' of stem left for? Whatever they got what they asked for, and then dropped this one. SugarBush Tree service white pine removal Go Home Lake - YouTube
Large white pine removal Go Home lake - YouTube
Butt tied it so it wouldn't roll or anything on us. Went well, got a line set high and pulled it over with the masdam rope puller, didn't have a whole lot of space but went right in the hole! Dropped another big white pine along there hydro lines, plus a few other sketchy ones, along with a few other dead oaks and cedars. Minimal clean up as the owner wanted to have some fun! I will post some other pics in the picture section. Good day though, was crisp in the morning and no wind!

and then the dreaded truck mount.

I hate that part. Last time I did that, had to drill a few 1/2" holes thru the frame rail's. I have this great big 3/4" drill, super powerful, was drilling and the bit caught and spun on me, slamming my hand up against the truck, just bout broke it and cut the hell out of it.......yep, those suck,lol!

I climb......... but i get pi**ed when people are on the phone or snappin' pics.

Yesterday and today was a removal of a monster live oak around 43-44'' DBH . I wish it had some structure under it
Most of my climbing was with an 044 droppin' leads, i'm beat. And its beer 30

Im old, closer to 60 than 55. If I can't drive a bucket up to it Im in trouble. To get me to climb out of the bucket I gotta be really hungry, and thats only around dinner time. I did my share in the past.

Good job Dave, looks like some decent sized pics for that crane. What size crane is that he runs?

Not sure what it is rated.
He charged 158.00/hr, minimum 4 hours, + a fuel surcharge.
The HO paid the bill for the crane, and it came to under $800 incl taxes.

I hate that part. Last time I did that, had to drill a few 1/2" holes thru the frame rail's. I have this great big 3/4" drill, super powerful, was drilling and the bit caught and spun on me, slamming my hand up against the truck, just bout broke it and cut the hell out of it.......yep, those suck,lol!

Awwwwww yea the dreaded holes , man there's always a part of me the just wants to either weld it on or cut the holes with a torch , I struggle with doing the right thing :laugh:

Latest posts

Back