whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it just me and deevo that climbs on here??..are you all bucket and crane babies?.....lol

027-2.jpg

Cranes and bucket trucks need roads for access, every lame removal pic you post is in the middle of nowhere not much need for cranes or even climbing gear from what ive seen..

Stopped in at the dealership this morning to get an oil change for Dodge Vader. Wound up taking a good look at some pick-ups. I would like to do it now, but will have to wait until spring. Chipped some brush at one house from yesterday, and took out a black birch for another.

Holden, your right, Im never near homes, just in the forest.....looks like you got fairy dust in your eye's again :dizzy:

That sugar pine to my left will be next

016-2.jpg

Today an overgrown garden of smallish shrubs n creeper but so thick and massed it was imposible to walk in or push through. So on knees commado crawl in under and behind the intertwined thickett. Saw up and buzz kill at ground level, easy as. Then used rope and 4X4 to lasso n pull it all out to proccess.
Face full of dust n twiggs bugs critters n stuff but twas way to go, the little bandit just luved it chomp chomp.

HO reckon I made her $30000 bucks on home value for $300 cost as it openned up so much more garden land for use.

Nice work! Looks like you might have a call back or two in a few years. There are a couple more close to the porch.

Nice to hear from you again! Yeah lot's of work there! The owners father who passed away last year did not want those trees touched! The light on the one at the front was from his ship he was on during WW2. That's why they wanted it untouched and the trunk left at 10'. We had to rig around it and not touch it. It's been in the tree so long I didn't want to screw with taking if off! I think I drained their tree budget for this year anyways! ;)

Last edited:
Is it just me and deevo that climbs on here??..are you all bucket and crane babies?.....lol

027-2.jpg

Ha ha I like climbing as much as I can. This was as a toss up between me and my other climber. I wanted to do this one! He dropped the other one when I got down. Both went nice and smooth and exactly how we planned them! I do like working with cranes as much as I can as well. I was a bucket truck baby for a few years but still have to climb when you can that's for sure! I wish our trees were as big as yours out there, is what it is I guess!:msp_thumbsup:

I climb......... but i get pi**ed when people are on the phone or snappin' pics.

Yesterday and today was a removal of a monster live oak around 43-44'' DBH . I wish it had some structure under it
Most of my climbing was with an 044 droppin' leads, i'm beat. And its beer 30

Yeah I don't like stopping production either, I had to take pics as the owners have closed the cottage down for the year, and wanted verification the job got done. Also I do a lot of insurance work and I have to document everything step by step so the owner can't come back on us and say oh they did this that and the other thing. So before and after pictures are a must. Also good for my website (that has to be updated badly!)

A few more, taken with my phone as I was waiting for the rigging lines to come back up and guys getting the brush/wood moved. I always have to be doing something!:msp_thumbup: Used my new 2 in 1 lanyard, I inserted a micro pulley so I can run the rope thru easier under tension. Worked awesome, ditched my wire core in favour of the 2 in 1. We made a few 10' & 12' er's up and love them!

Last edited:
Lets see, I packed, I voted, I got my Concealed Carry, I renewed my License, Paid a seat belt ticket, freakin thing was 177! I packed some more. Seen my buddys house after it caught on fire and was rebuilt. Watch a 3d movie at his house, what a trip. I packed. Almost wrecked my wifes new car, too many distractions with all the buttons and monitors, couldn't keep my eyes off all the buzzers and bells. Oh! and I packed.

Lets see, I packed, I voted, I got my Concealed Carry, I renewed my License, Paid a seat belt ticket, freakin thing was 177! I packed some more. Seen my buddys house after it caught on fire and was rebuilt. Watch a 3d movie at his house, what a trip. I packed. Almost wrecked my wifes new car, too many distractions with all the buttons and monitors, couldn't keep my eyes off all the buzzers and bells. Oh! and I packed.

Must be pumped to be making to the "big trip" Scott!

I am delivering some firewood today, doing a small stump job and cleaning up the yard a bit. Have a pile of spruce and pine logs that were too big for the chipper, so cutting them at 40" and running them through the splitter then the chipper! Make some nice chips, no leaves in em! Coffee is wearing off, time for a refill soon!

Yeah I don't like stopping production either, I had to take pics as the owners have closed the cottage down for the year, and wanted verification the job got done. Also I do a lot of insurance work and I have to document everything step by step so the owner can't come back on us and say oh they did this that and the other thing. So before and after pictures are a must. Also good for my website (that has to be updated badly!)

Yes, pics are good to have just in case, I forget the camera most of the time, but when I remember to bring it, I get groundie to take some pics,

I like to email a few pics so the HO can see how it went, most of the time there at work and would like to be there....

027-2.jpg

I climbed today a 30 ft pear tree so I could pole snip 2 huge pieces , almost a full 1" a piece , I didn't want to get all hard core like that after lunch but I couldn't even get it with 4 section of pole , and hey that why they pay me the big bucks , right !!!!!

I climbed today a 30 ft pear tree so I could pole snip 2 huge pieces , almost a full 1" a piece , I didn't want to get all hard core like that after lunch but I couldn't even get it with 4 section of pole , and hey that why they pay me the big bucks , right !!!!!

lol, I wish I had days like that!

Back