whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bejujudu.jpg
so I put the other 2 pieces right on top of it , there was some extreme cramming 5 lbs #### in a 1 lb bag , and the last picture is of a new hire who fits well Into the saddle boxes of the chip truck ! Child labor laws !

Ok so where's his hard hat I mean wtf :rolleyes::poke:

Not used to this cold weather yet! Might have to get some hand warmers installed on my grinder like my skidoo! or get a remote and just sit in my truck! Oh well easy $ day!

Come on ya wuss, you call yourself a Canadian :)

Seriously, I hear ya. Was up on Lake Dalrymple yesterday doing some removals with Mike (should of brought Grant and his crane), had the long johns on and still cold. I'll get used to it soon, I hope.

Would that remote work from Baltimore? Gonna miss ya down there. Guess well have to drink your beer for you:cheers:

Thanks for the hotel room. :msp_thumbup:

Come on ya wuss, you call yourself a Canadian :)

Seriously, I hear ya. Was up on Lake Dalrymple yesterday doing some removals with Mike (should of brought Grant and his crane), had the long johns on and still cold. I'll get used to it soon, I hope.

Would that remote work from Baltimore? Gonna miss ya down there. Guess well have to drink your beer for you:cheers:

Thanks for the hotel room. :msp_thumbup:

Ya don't trash the room too hard!!! Have fun

Sitting here at the ehap class on a hard chair eating my box lunch provided with the class. Learning some things. One of the instructors fell 60' outta a tree trimming in prep for a compition the following day. He held up his mask helmet and said it saved his life.

Sitting here at the ehap class on a hard chair eating my box lunch provided with the class. Learning some things. One of the instructors fell 60' outta a tree trimming in prep for a compition the following day. He held up his mask helmet and said it saved his life.

Instructor fell ? Wtf something sounds sketchy when they have people who fell teaching, I mean oh well :)

Instructor fell ? Wtf something sounds sketchy when they have people who fell teaching, I mean oh well :)

I took a ehap course and they showed us a video of a guy that had his arms blown off from accidental contact , so yea they are usually the guys you listen to the most , well I do anyway !

That guy wrote an article about his fall in the TCIA magazine. He didn't come out and say it, but he was using a complicated climbing set up (leap frog or something like that) and forgot a step when setting up. Blamed it on not having his head in the game.

That guy wrote an article about his fall in the TCIA magazine. He didn't come out and say it, but he was using a complicated climbing set up (leap frog or something like that) and forgot a step when setting up. Blamed it on not having his head in the game.

That is the guy. He said some of it was his head not in the game, some of it was a infection in his lungs. IDK, but either way its a good reminder to keep focused on what your doing.

I want to see some pics of the whole road deal , I wanna see a few pics of those big chippers you got running . Can't quite understand how you build the roads through the woods like that

See what i can dig up. They go through and mark the sides or how wide they want it with marker flags and the bright colored tape. We fell the larger stuff like over 15-18 inches the rest i we chew up with a forestry mower. ill attach some pictures of our 280xp gotta do it with my phone tho. I don't have a very big forestry mower its a smaller older rayco but anything under 15-18 it chews right up. Then we usually use tractors like the one i posted pictures of to skid stuff to the chippers or winch stuff with cranes and other crap. We usually don't do the stumps if we do we rent a deere dozer from RSC i think its weighs around 30-40k we get a pretty good deal on it for renting so much.

We been runnin this guy for a while its a tough machine we have taken it to hell and back got it in 2005-or 06. Its the #1 chipper in my book we are using it and a 1990 for the big stuff the 1990 is brand new and the 280 throws way way farther and harder. Bandit had to put a new radiator core in it the thermostat crapped. was gonna trade it in but just cant part with it has been so super dependable 0% downtime still on the factory clutch. So other than the thermostat that didnt hold us up since it didnt start shutting down till the end of the day friday its been super.

epyra8ap.jpg

u8yha9yb.jpg

yvava2ah.jpg

Last edited:
Back