whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dot

Although I hate taking 4 trucks thru the scale's,, I love working in the Canyon Hills area of Lake Elsinore.
Rain then sun, rain then sun,,, all day. Biggest problem was the traffic and fast driver's.
I lucked-out on signage because of road construction there and was able to blend in,,
Saturday should be better lighter traffic, but I can't blend in tomorrow,,,them guy's aint working tomorrow.
I wish San Diego had the dump price's I get in Riverside county.
Jeff :)

jeff, come to connecticut, mass., or ny. you get to meet them almost every day. its just a money factor, the customers ultimately pay the price delays and such. keep in mind that you left coast guys start all these probs. and they migrate east where the truck nazis perfect them! LOL.

Climbed for about 3 hrs in two oaks on a cliff, opening up the view. I have been recovering from screwing up my left shoulder and thumb -- about all I can do right now. Stressed a tendon in my left rotator cuff putting in way too many hrs in a big pine -- don't know if it was chasing big hung up limbs and yanking them free or climbing with a Blakes hitch that did it; I dislocated my thumb a week later when the ladder in the trap door in my garage slid out -- Doh!

Out of practice: I forgot I had a lanyard for it, and dropped by stick with a snip head -- my groundie grumbled a bit having to climb down the cliff and through the poison oak to get it. Then I had my other groundie climb down and untangle my rope -- turns out SOMEONE put my rope in the bin with a knot in the middle, and when I tried to pull the rope through the knot, caught most of the limbs I had cut in the rope -- Doh! Also forgot my split tail and tied in the old fashioned way.

It was sunny and dry, and felt good to climb -- at least I haven't lost my balance. I got into the tree by cutting a trail in the poison oak down the cliff, and flipping the snap on my 16 ft. wire core lanyard over a limb and walking up the trunk. It was a pain to adjust my lanyards with a thumb splint on, and now my shoulder is a bit tweeky -- no pain no gain?

The oaks were the last part of a multi-day job that my part time ground crew and climber didn't finish -- made them into "yard Bonsai" to frame the view, instead of re-topping -- probably still broke ISA rules, but it was that or dump the trees. Client loves them -- even my grumbling groundie thought they were cool. I'll have to get a pic.

Had my first honest beer in a while!:msp_tongue:

Climbed for about 3 hrs in two oaks on a cliff, opening up the view. I have been recovering from screwing up my left shoulder and thumb -- about all I can do right now. Stressed a tendon in my left rotator cuff putting in way too many hrs in a big pine -- don't know if it was chasing big hung up limbs and yanking them free or climbing with a Blakes hitch that did it; I dislocated my thumb a week later when the ladder in the trap door in my garage slid out -- Doh!

Out of practice: I forgot I had a lanyard for it, and dropped by stick with a snip head -- my groundie grumbled a bit having to climb down the cliff and through the poison oak to get it. Then I had my other groundie climb down and untangle my rope -- turns out SOMEONE put my rope in the bin with a knot in the middle, and when I tried to pull the rope through the knot, caught most of the limbs I had cut in the rope -- Doh! Also forgot my split tail and tied in the old fashioned way.

It was sunny and dry, and felt good to climb -- at least I haven't lost my balance. I got into the tree by cutting a trail in the poison oak down the cliff, and flipping the snap on my 16 ft. wire core lanyard over a limb and walking up the trunk. It was a pain to adjust my lanyards with a thumb splint on, and now my shoulder is a bit tweeky -- no pain no gain?

The oaks were the last part of a multi-day job that my part time ground crew and climber didn't finish -- made them into "yard Bonsai" to frame the view, instead of re-topping -- probably still broke ISA rules, but it was that or dump the trees. Client loves them -- even my grumbling groundie thought they were cool. I'll have to get a pic.

Had my first honest beer in a while!:msp_tongue:

Nice , spent alot time in h.r. guiding on the white salmon. Suprised ya heard of the isa in that po dunk town. I assume you were doing clearance for views of the columbia. Post some pics that town has a helluva a view.

Just returned home from the TCIA expo. 11 hour drive, with stops and boarder delay.

Really enjoyed the show. (My first, but not my last) Spent two days taking it all in. (Drove down Wednesday).

Unfortunately no one had any Pfanner pants for sale.

Bought some chipper knives, the new rope wrench, some biner traps, equipment bag and a CE lanyard -can't wait to try it. Picked up numerous t-shirts, hats and a splice kit.

Lots of free stuff and it was nice seeing all the equipment it one place.

Met a lot of tree guys. Unfortunately I did not meet any AS members. Maybe next year.

Although I hate taking 4 trucks thru the scale's,, I love working in the Canyon Hills area of Lake Elsinore.
Rain then sun, rain then sun,,, all day. Biggest problem was the traffic and fast driver's.
I lucked-out on signage because of road construction there and was able to blend in,,
Saturday should be better lighter traffic, but I can't blend in tomorrow,,,them guy's aint working tomorrow.
I wish San Diego had the dump price's I get in Riverside county.
Jeff :)

NO FREAKIN DOUBT! I bout fell over when I seen them. I spend over 50g's a year, gotta work on that!

Sun up to sun down, 7 days a week, loving it.

Hi
Bye

Getting some bad news about the storm work up there, yall stay safe. Not only be careful, but watch those youngins,hearing about lots of accidents.
10 fingers 10 toes. Thats the idea!

greanbean out

jeff, come to connecticut, mass., or ny. you get to meet them almost every day. its just a money factor, the customers ultimately pay the price delays and such. keep in mind that you left coast guys start all these probs. and they migrate east where the truck nazis perfect them! LOL.

I got pulled over by a state pig a couple weeks ago. I had my tractor on the trailer with the IH. He said he should've written me a ticket the size of a phone book, lol. I mean I could've gotten misuse of dealer plates, no medical card, no log book.. he claims my trailer should be cdl cuz of the weight the tires are rated for, and the combined weigh.. just a sea of bs. lol, he didn't even mention the no seat belt thing!

My other buddy got a similar deal recently, with a 7k lawnmower trailer! Dot pig was sitting up in the center of town by the jail, just off 202. That's just way too ####ing close for comfort!! Bastards!!

I got pulled over by a state pig a couple weeks ago. I had my tractor on the trailer with the IH. He said he should've written me a ticket the size of a phone book, lol. I mean I could've gotten misuse of dealer plates, no medical card, no log book.. he claims my trailer should be cdl cuz of the weight the tires are rated for, and the combined weigh.. just a sea of bs. lol, he didn't even mention the no seat belt thing!

My other buddy got a similar deal recently, with a 7k lawnmower trailer! Dot pig was sitting up in the center of town by the jail, just off 202. That's just way too ####ing close for comfort!! Bastards!!

I don't have problems like that, I just hate dealing with them. We are above par, quess it would be more stressful back east then.
Worst I've had is a driver over weight. I had to help him take 800lbs out of the chip truck and load my one ton pick-up and then he went thru the scales, no ticket, still sucks.
Now my focus is on dumping palm waste!
Jeff

I don't have problems like that, I just hate dealing with them. We are above par, quess it would be more stressful back east then.
Worst I've had is a driver over weight. I had to help him take 800lbs out of the chip truck and load my one ton pick-up and then he went thru the scales, no ticket, still sucks.
Now my focus is on dumping palm waste!
Jeff

I hear ya. It's an obnoxious reality that I've just gotta face and deal with. What I need is a new trailer, I just don't have the money at the moment. And mine is actually pretty safe, I just can't register it cuz its got no vin #'s. I think part of it was homemade. I mean I could maybe register it, but that would involve my taking that and a truck to the main dmv branch and having it inspected and stamped with a new vin, or some ####.. an idea I'm not real comfortabe with. lol.

Something has to change though, don't like the feelin of sneaking around like a rat! If I wasn't busy doing a rush of work, in preparation for winter, I'd stop and deal with it.. gotta survive too, though!!

I hear ya. It's an obnoxious reality that I've just gotta face and deal with. What I need is a new trailer, I just don't have the money at the moment. And mine is actually pretty safe, I just can't register it cuz its got no vin #'s. I think part of it was homemade. I mean I could maybe register it, but that would involve my taking that and a truck to the main dmv branch and having it inspected and stamped with a new vin, or some ####.. an idea I'm not real comfortabe with. lol.

Something has to change though, don't like the feelin of sneaking around like a rat! If I wasn't busy doing a rush of work, in preparation for winter, I'd stop and deal with it.. gotta survive too, though!!

I think you should be able to go to the DMV and just register it. I got a couple of trailers that had nothing and it was pretty easy at the DMV. Maybe they make the DMV easier here so we dont b itch about the taxes and cost of living.
I can't wait to hear what Scott has to say about the economy,,,him being in Iowa and now in So-Cal.
Jeff:msp_wink:

Is the the thread where I can complain about cops bothering me about completely illegal equipment ??????? :dizzy:

I always thought it was the thread where really cool tree people get together and try and piss each other off, shoot the ####, maybe even learn a thing or two. There sure does seem to be a lot more douche-bags and #####s hanging around lately though. Just saying.

I always thought it was the thread where really cool tree people get together and try and piss each other off, shoot the ####, maybe even learn a thing or two. Tshere sure does seem to be a lot more douche-bags and #####s hanging around lately though. Just saying.

See ya get mad ! I told ya this is boring I say something and you get pissed ! I got pulled over by a townie and he said do you know why I pulled you over , I said nope why ? He said where is you tag for the chipper , I said on the back I hope , knowing full well there was no tag or reg! He said nope , I said what will it take to get me outta here quickly , he said your chipper ! I said we'll alrighty then , he said where is it ? I said its hooked to the truck , he said with a smile not the chipper the tag ! I said dunno never had one , he said why ! I said dunno ask my wife she's the owner , he said if I see you again ever in this town , I am gonna impound your truck , and make you walk ! I said can I get some directions right quick , he said really where ? And I said another town !

Last edited:
Just returned home from the TCIA expo. 11 hour drive, with stops and boarder delay.

Really enjoyed the show. (My first, but not my last) Spent two days taking it all in. (Drove down Wednesday).

Unfortunately no one had any Pfanner pants for sale.

Bought some chipper knives, the new rope wrench, some biner traps, equipment bag and a CE lanyard -can't wait to try it. Picked up numerous t-shirts, hats and a splice kit.

Lots of free stuff and it was nice seeing all the equipment it one place.

Met a lot of tree guys. Unfortunately I did not meet any AS members. Maybe next year.

We just got back today. Am gonna order a pair of Pfanners from Luke at Treestuff. It was nice to meet him and his wife. My wife went to shake the hand of the guy in the Pfanner booth (Alexander) and he really yelped when he got shocked. I bought a Hitchhiker from Paul the Wraptor guy, and am looking forward to trying it this week.

Expo was an awesome experience.

Beans you know what they say. No pics and it didnt happen. I know you will address this issue, but your busy. So in the interest of helping you out I think I speak for everyone else when I suggest you address #5 with pics and we can take your word on the rest.

All over it! Finally found my camera charger. Going to Carlsbad manyana, I'll see what I can do :cheers:

Smokey, ya just dont listen, so be it, no one has complained so far, if they do..........

Latest posts

Back