whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhhhh and I found this on Facebook today and thought this was friggan priceless !!!!
yvybynep.jpg

Ohhhhh and I found this on Facebook today and thought this was friggan priceless !!!!
yvybynep.jpg

It would be priceless, if the proper use of '(,)'s,,,comma's,, was used. But, it was not. So, hence saying, without the use of comma's, the term,'priceless',:msp_biggrin: cannot be used. Well,
Jeff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
I took a ehap course and they showed us a video of a guy that had his arms blown off from accidental contact , so yea they are usually the guys you listen to the most , well I do anyway !

I met a guy that took 69 kv direct and lived I guess I just don't see the whole picture. I think learning from someone who did the impossible 20 to 30 years and never had serious accident might have more to teach {just saying }

We been runnin this guy for a while its a tough machine we have taken it to hell and back got it in 2005-or 06. Its the #1 chipper in my book we are using it and a 1990 for the big stuff the 1990 is brand new and the 280 throws way way farther and harder. Bandit had to put a new radiator core in it the thermostat crapped. was gonna trade it in but just cant part with it has been so super dependable 0% downtime still on the factory clutch. So other than the thermostat that didnt hold us up since it didnt start shutting down till the end of the day friday its been super.

epyra8ap.jpg

u8yha9yb.jpg

yvava2ah.jpg

Thought u said the 1990 is 20 years old?
Love to see some pics of the road projects. Never seen anyone use tractors and cranes to make roads.
you have to have some pictures of your big crane by now

Monday I "Smurphed" down a big cedar, good 80+ deg. temp, about ready to go shirtless and down to the STIHL boxers......today rainy and cold, snow down to 2500ft. tonight, about time, soooo done with the heat.

Thought u said the 1990 is 20 years old?
Love to see some pics of the road projects. Never seen anyone use tractors and cranes to make roads.
you have to have some pictures of your big crane by now

1900 is 20 or so 1990 is about a month. Ones drum ones disk, one has a cab, one is hand fed. A 20 year old 1900 isn't much cheaper than a new 1990.

What do you usually see them make them with? Fellers and mowers are terrain limited. They use that kind of stuff on tv, tractor to skid material, crane with grapple to feed chippers just like a yarder. We are just using smaller skiders I guess.

Last edited:
1900 is 20 or so 1990 is about a month. Ones drum ones disk, one has a cab, one is hand fed. A 20 year old 1900 isn't much cheaper than a new 1990.

What do you usually see them make them with? Fellers and mowers are terrain limited. They use that kind of stuff on tv, tractor to skid material, crane with grapple to feed chippers just like a yarder. We are just using smaller skiders I guess.

I am trying to understand some of your operation.
Why didn't you use your larger crane on that job you posted a video of? The one where you dragged all the logs.
You say your producing a very large quantity of chip but I haven't seen any pictures of the equipment to make it.
I am very interested to see this big one of a kind kboom you have but for some reason u have no pictures of it.
I am not trying to be a ####, but a lot of what your saying doesn't add up.

Heading down to baltimore again today to check out the trade show. I wanna check out the sandvik wheels.

Well, I never did get to see a sandvik wheel. I must have missed there booth. There was so much cool equipment and NICE scenery to check out. Got lots of cool FREE stuff. Couple T shirts, hats, 2 chainsaw straps with brass clips. Got to see yale run there rope braking test machine. Oh and did a i mention lots of nice scenery! If you got the time, I would go, lots of cool stuff to check out.

they could have been strippers!

Pictures??

Well, finally replaced the drivers side front hub in my 2500hd, that thing was getting so loud I had to put the radio up almost all the way just to try and ignore it! Was so nice and quiet afterwards I drove all the way home with the windows down and the radio off:msp_biggrin:
Bought the other side too but it's not making any noise yet, maybe do it next week.
Going to be almost 70 this weekend, F. work. Club I belong to has our national moto track all to ourselves the whole weekend, yeah buddy:clown:

Yesterday actually; I cleaned up some storm damage and dead wood from an approximately 90-100' Southern Red Oak. I set my TIP as high as I could, probably around 80' as both ends of my 150' Poison Ivy were a few feet off the ground. Climbed SRT and then advanced my TIP to get a better position to set a lateral line for better position at the storm damaged branch. Used the tail of my climbing line to set the double rope. (Photos are also links to the full sized photo)

Today I drove "my" chipper truck to Santiago Chile, left Atlanta at 406,000 pounds with about 3/4 of a tank of fuel, almost 18,000 gallons (120,000 pounds).
Sometimes it is hard to get my head around leaving in the winter and arriving in the summer, traveling east from the east coast of the USA to get to the west coast of South America, time zone two hours later than Atlanta, water drains from the sink clockwise inside of counter clockwise...

Enjoyed the trade show in Baltimore today. Lots of pretty toys. Bought a new Poison Ivy climbing line. Anyone use this line? I bought it on a recommendation from a friend. I was told you should retire your climbing line after 5 years regardless of wear. My previous climbing line was way beyond that.

I am trying to understand some of your operation.
Why didn't you use your larger crane on that job you posted a video of? The one where you dragged all the logs.
You say your producing a very large quantity of chip but I haven't seen any pictures of the equipment to make it.
I am very interested to see this big one of a kind kboom you have but for some reason u have no pictures of it.
I am not trying to be a ####, but a lot of what your saying doesn't add up.

Multiple crews we use the best tool we see fit for the spot. Look at the driveway and ask the question again larger kbooms have 2-3 stage outriggers the front outriggers on our is 3 stage and rears are 2 stage. On the lifting side i use whatever one i can get full extension out of. Sometimes there is a road being cut and 2 residential jobs going on at once. We are on two different universities at once right now and will be for over a month.

Although I hate taking 4 trucks thru the scale's,, I love working in the Canyon Hills area of Lake Elsinore.
Rain then sun, rain then sun,,, all day. Biggest problem was the traffic and fast driver's.
I lucked-out on signage because of road construction there and was able to blend in,,
Saturday should be better lighter traffic, but I can't blend in tomorrow,,,them guy's aint working tomorrow.
I wish San Diego had the dump price's I get in Riverside county.
Jeff :)

Nice little job.

I went out to Irvine in the OC to remove 4 euc's for a contractor. Got paid really well. The trees were mostly easy, but there was HV on one side and a new curb that had just been poured. I could of been out of there by noon, but some yo yo parked under the biggest one, and on top of that the wind kicked up pretty good blowing every thing towards the parked car. I had to catch or skid ever branch.
That last Euc had a lot of side lean on the parked car side. It was pretty close to the HV on the other side. I calculated the lean and what not and to get it to land perfect my face cut had to be pointed almost into the wires. That had some people stressed out. I had to double check it my self, but it landed dead center, I did have to do a little steering with the back cut. It helped we had a loader to pull it over too.
What was kind of cool was after it landed perfect a whole crowd of suits were clapping and yelling. I was so intent on getting everything right I never seen them gathering and it surprised the heck out of me.
A good fun profitable job. The two hour bumper to bumper ride home sucked though.

Back