whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice scenery,, looks like you guys busted a s s, :)
Jeff

Neat how slippery that rock gets when the moss peels off!
Anyway, two of us are 51, and Myles (the guy in one of the photos) is 62 or 63.
Would have been a job better suited to younger legs, but the three of us gave a decent account of what old age and treachery can accomplish.

Neat how slippery that rock gets when the moss peels off!
Anyway, two of us are 51, and Myles (the guy in one of the photos) is 62 or 63.
Would have been a job better suited to younger legs, but the three of us gave a decent account of what old age and treachery can accomplish.

How did you get it up that steep hill?
Jeff

Hung a block way up in a hemlock, with another one at the base so that the rope would run level to the winch.
Used 150' of tired bluestreak arbormaster. That rope is headed for a ride in the washing machine the next time the wife isn't around!

A couple of pics of the hemlock cleanup. Fellow I was helping thought the job would take two or three hours. It took almost nine, so there was an atmosphere of unhappiness.
Portable capstan winch worked hard.

View attachment 262495View attachment 262496View attachment 262497

Omg man that looks like an awful job there , not what you did just that hill looks like a ankle breaker from start to finish , sure woulda been nice to have a fishing pole though , I woulda figured that into the day somehow . But you guys that live in places like that are prolly tired of always fishing and #### .

Hung a block way up in a hemlock, with another one at the base so that the rope would run level to the winch.
Used 150' of tired bluestreak arbormaster. That rope is headed for a ride in the washing machine the next time the wife isn't around!

Throw it in an old pillow case it works real nice gets the dirt off the rope and keeps all the big chunks loose in the bag then ya just toss it , or save it for another dirty rope

I can't say enough good things about Bluestreak / Goldstreak. That rope is some tough SOB.

I didnt do anything this week. I was sick wed night and thur with the flu. Its been in the mid 50's all this week and going to be the same next week. I gotta get off my butt and get some shet done.

I can't say enough good things about Bluestreak / Goldstreak. That rope is some tough SOB.

I bought 200 ft of that like 8 years ago , I only have about 100 ft of usable rope left but it doesn't glaze easy either , it's pricey now . Well all rope is expensive ......... I like it though , I like that other arbor plex too

I'm sorry not the arbor plex the arbormaster rope , I also have the red tenex for big wood
y8u5e2a8.jpg

You just don't get it yet. You came on here and started busting on the very guys who could help you the most. Grow up.

From now on please confine your posts to Arborist 101.

I understand what you are saying.. but I am talking about jeff lovstrom.. I quick scroll through his recent posts will reveal that he does not actually post anything helpful.. he only bullies and belittles yet no moderator takes action for whatever reason.

I once heard a saying. The wolf came in night and took the mother sheep's young. The next morning the shepherd came, saw the mother sheep and knew not what had happened the night before. The wolf came shortly after the shepherd and was immediately charged by the sheep. The shepherd only saw the sheep attack and cast her away from herd.

I understand what you are saying.. but I am talking about jeff lovstrom.. I quick scroll through his recent posts will reveal that he does not actually post anything helpful.. he only bullies and belittles yet no moderator takes action for whatever reason.

I once heard a saying. The wolf came in night and took the mother sheep's young. The next morning the shepherd came, saw the mother sheep and knew not what had happened the night before. The wolf came shortly after the shepherd and was immediately charged by the sheep. The shepherd only saw the sheep attack and cast her away from herd.

I read that 4 times and still dont know WTF you are talking about. I know a lot of tree guys smoke crack, Hit the pipe today? Boss

I read that 4 times and still dont know WTF you are talking about. I know a lot of tree guys smoke crack, Hit the pipe today? Boss

I did not expect any of the nonintellectuals in the room to even begin to grasp my parable. You are another great example of a non contributor to the forum.

I did not expect any of the nonintellectuals in the room to even begin to grasp my parable. You are another great example of a non contributor to the forum.

Although I do not know why you chose me to blame, I don't mind at all. But this post take's all the blame off me with what you just said with this post.
Ban me, because I am gonna tell you that this is a professional tree guy site and if you do not know how to come here and introduce yourself and act respectful and can take a little ribbing, get to know us, and RELAX,,,, then get the hell out!
Jeff

Last edited:

The sooner you learn not much around here is that helpful the better of youll be. The guys you are all bent out of shape have thousands of posts and thousands of jobs behind them, the days of talking about the best starter chipper or poo yawns as good saws are long gone. Just chill out a bit ,put a few pics up now and then and insult the previous post. ..thats what I do.
Oh and cut out the cryptic crap, its treeguys forum. Keep it simple please,now run along little squirrel.

Latest posts

Back