whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought this and haven't used it yet. it was blue and will soon be white. Its old but works well. 84 F800 With a stinger 110 crane. gas engine. It was used by a company that installed cell phone towers,[ i have been knowing them for about 10 years now] It has not been used in 8 + years and kept inside.

3 cil diesel, its a deutz. When its under a hard load it will blow a bIg ball of smoke until load is gone.

You're burning oil. The engine needs an overhaul now. You most likely have a ring problem, and if you keep using it, you'll have a piston problem too.

3 cil diesel, its a deutz. When its under a hard load it will blow a bIg ball of smoke until load is gone.

I would agree that you have at least smoked rings , I will give you a 86hp turbo charged engine even up for that crane ! Well maybe I will throw in a few thousand on top

You're burning oil. The engine needs an overhaul now. You most likely have a ring problem, and if you keep using it, you'll have a piston problem too.

Thanks. That's what i first thought but i am not losing any oil, thing stays full. Any one think it could be getting to much fuel ?

I agree with you,,if it is not knocking now it will be. That engine has very low tolerance's and the rods have two bearings. They will crawl under each other after time. I am guessing that each injector (mechanical) has its own pump. Cut the fuel to each injector and narrow the problem down, but in the end, it is a total rebuild.
Jeff

Last edited:
Thanks. That's what i first thought but i am not losing any oil, thing stays full. Any one think it could be getting to much fuel ?

To much fuel would be black change you fuel filters! We had the same problem.last year billowing clouds of smoke filters were plugged didn't help the tank was full of #### either...

Finished up yesterday's job. Nice quick day and a good paycheck.

Had to do some simple rope work on a few birches, but the customer had never really seen a climber in action with ropes going off here and there, so he was all impressed and gave us each a $20 tip at the end of the job.

Well thank you very much, sir. :msp_smile:

You by Montreal at all? Going to look at some tracked lifts at UP Equip - Spider atrium tracked compact lift rental and sales, vente et location - Home very soon

I agree with you,,if it is not knocking now it will be. That engine has very low tolerance's and the rods have two bearings. They will crawl under each other after time. I am guessing that each injector has its own pump. Cut the fuel to each injector and narrow the problem down, but in the end, it is a total rebuild.
Jeff

Thanks, Correct each injector has its own pump. I will see what i can do.

Just bought this and haven't used it yet. it was blue and will soon be white. Its old but works well. 84 F800 With a stinger 110 crane. gas engine. It was used by a company that installed cell phone towers,[ i have been knowing them for about 10 years now] It has not been used in 8 + years and kept inside.

:clap: change out hydraulic oil and miscellaneous,,
Jeff

Dude what the hell is that jib id feel safer rigging off a bucket :p

Another bank property pretty dumpy as usual but we do one a week for decent pay , same #### elevate and flatten underbrush
juhysyje.jpg
ery5y6y7.jpg
eqysejeb.jpg
apparently someone hid in the bushes at one of the branches and held up someone using the ATM so now all the trees have to be cleared on all the sites good work and guaranteed pay

Another bank property pretty dumpy as usual but we do one a week for decent pay , same #### elevate and flatten underbrush
juhysyje.jpg
ery5y6y7.jpg
eqysejeb.jpg
apparently someone hid in the bushes at one of the branches and held up someone using the ATM so now all the trees have to be cleared on all the sites good work and guaranteed pay

Looks like easy money

Latest posts

Back