whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today?

A half-dozen spruce uprooted and down in the big storm a few weeks ago. From the backyard to the driveway, load the wood, chip the branches. Nothing fancy, just lotsa carrying.

Back tomorrow to take down two uprooted - but still standing - birch. The wood stays, just have to chip the branches. Might be an early day. My climber priced this job really well. :)

Removed a stone dead 50' pine with a very limited drop zone, but the GRCS helped that one, tipped tied it, put a block in a neighbouring black locust, had it down in no time. Then soon as I was up a decent sized honey locust (storm damage removal) starts pissing rain! Well we had one more large leader branch on a black locust over the house left, GRCS'd it and done by 1230 decent sized cheque in hand. Got a big black locust removal to do for the neighbour sometime when it slows down a little. Crane job for sure, 4 stemmed 80'er over 2 houses and pools, no farting around with this one rigging!;) Got soaked but who cares, got paid well!

Removed a stone dead 50' pine with a very limited drop zone, but the GRCS helped that one, tipped tied it, put a block in a neighbouring black locust, had it down in no time. Then soon as I was up a decent sized honey locust (storm damage removal) starts pissing rain! Well we had one more large leader branch on a black locust over the house left, GRCS'd it and done by 1230 decent sized cheque in hand. Got a big black locust removal to do for the neighbour sometime when it slows down a little. Crane job for sure, 4 stemmed 80'er over 2 houses and pools, no farting around with this one rigging!;) Got soaked but who cares, got paid well!

Hey Deevo did you guys get any storm action last night? They were calling for it down our way (southern lake huron) but nothing happened. I was watching the radar and all the action was up your way. We have had hardly any storms this summer. It gets jets black over the lake then goes to the north of us every time. Good I guess cause we're are slammed with our regular clients. Sounds like you have been busy with storms this summer!! $$$$$$

Hey Deevo did you guys get any storm action last night? They were calling for it down our way (southern lake huron) but nothing happened. I was watching the radar and all the action was up your way. We have had hardly any storms this summer. It gets jets black over the lake then goes to the north of us every time. Good I guess cause we're are slammed with our regular clients. Sounds like you have been busy with storms this summer!! $$$$$$

Yeah I had a few calls after I got home, nothing major, more clean up then anything. Can wait til tomorrow, we had a lot of lightening, not much wind though. Guy got zapped by it 15 mins from my house. Last storm from July made my year for sure though!:msp_thumbup: Glad your busy also, got some big jobs booked right into November now, trying to spread it out into December!

Last edited:
3 days of fishing and drinking and soaking up sun
7egemu9a.jpg
japa4yde.jpg

Matt, had ur number in my truck? Not sure what happened, hit me with a PM

Had a client call me last night in a panic. Locust tree that had some storm damage this year,tree lost a lead over the house and we went and took care of it. Well, it had a leader bust while he, his kids and friends with kids where under it playing in a kiddy pool this last weekend. Said it scared the **** out of him. I told him this year that the tree had issues, but he was not ready to spent the money..............I be there today today.

Last edited:
Kinda of a nice day , got a call from my scaper buddy who had some stump mass he couldn't break threw with his loader , got to the job to find a real cluster #### of no parking , and alot of guys wandering about doing just about every aspect of landscape
una9aneq.jpg
yqyhabaz.jpg
looked like each guy drove a dump truck to the job ! Neighbors must be thrilled

Kinda of a nice day , got a call from my scaper buddy who had some stump mass he couldn't break threw with his loader , got to the job to find a real cluster #### of no parking , and alot of guys wandering about doing just about every aspect of landscape
una9aneq.jpg
yqyhabaz.jpg
looked like each guy drove a dump truck to the job ! Neighbors must be thrilled
towns around here would have a hissy fit if you dumped a pile in the road like that. if ya made it through the day without being taken away in bracelets they would want to clean it up with toothbrushes.

Finished up yesterday's job. Nice quick day and a good paycheck.

Had to do some simple rope work on a few birches, but the customer had never really seen a climber in action with ropes going off here and there, so he was all impressed and gave us each a $20 tip at the end of the job.

Well thank you very much, sir. :msp_smile:

towns around here would have a hissy fit if you dumped a pile in the road like that. if ya made it through the day without being taken away in bracelets they would want to clean it up with toothbrushes.

Triaxle guy don't care you say put it here well that's where it'll be LOL, besides we k ow all the cops , who do you think trims there trees and cuts there grass and landscapes .

Last edited:
Tried dropping 2 oaks for one of my clients. Should have been a half hour job, in and out. Spent 2 hrs and didn't even get 1 notch made. Got down there, saw got bound up in the top cut, chain bound up badly. Went up, got tools, brought them down, saw still wouldn't run... bring saw up. Fix saw, bring saw back down, throw chain, bring tools down again, saw still won't run, bring saw up again and leave. Looked at 3 jobs today, got at least 1 of them. Got a check from Sunday's adventure. Finally listened to the message from Satan... not as bad as I thought.

It was 95 and 73% humidity today. I was up in a walnut today and I thought I was going to die. I got it down and started to get sick, we called it a day at 1.

Back