whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Craned a tree off a house yesterday. It was my third tree on a house call for the day. A lot of the roads are closed due to trees on wires. This one was close so i got a 50 ton crane to come in and we removed it with one pick.View attachment 332317View attachment 332318View attachment 332319View attachment 332320View attachment 332321 Got lots of storm work calls to look at today.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
How in the eff do you wrangle a 50T day of the call?? Youre good, you.....

Just going through mail and here is a returned check. Crap. I can't complain too much though. It's only a little over $300.00. I just sent the guy a WTF type email. The HO was weird from the start...asked did we take credit cards, told him yes, then said "But you don't take AMEX." Told him yep, we do. He says perfect and then writes a hot check. We had simular a while back happen.

damn Reg you like to notch almost to the point they could fall off w/out even a back cut. Did the cam break on the fall? Don't forget about that eyebolt/thimble in the top piece. Day at the office.
Hey Dave, good to hear from ya. Yeah very careful cutting with the back cut for sure. To be fair the lens has a kinda fisheye effect, almost. Those chunks were all about 8-9 ft, 30in bar on the saw, to give you some perspective. All the notches were cut over-centre, but I made each one a little wider than the last to land them flat.... in case its not clear.

Took them to the mill and got $400 for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an Amish saw mill, he said he will make railroad ties out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got weeks of storm damage work lined up. I am to the point now that I am telling people that I will do there work but I don't have time to come give them a estimate. I will give them a price when I get there. Monday I should have my new rear for my chip truck in and it's gonna be full force then baby.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Lol. "Full force baby".

Just make sure you know what you're doing if installing that rear end yourself, otherwise the only thing working "full force", is gonna be a giant wrecker. Lol. Just saying.

They be a foot to short for that.
If you want to get all technical they are 8.5' which most railroad ties are but anyways who cares got my money and i'm happy. It's been slow here, we didn't get hit hard by the storm, but I have some friends in chester county putting the word out for me and the calls are starting to come in. Good to have friends in low places. Have a job or two to do in Lancaster too. I think I will be staying busy until spring now, that's good because I was starting to get worried. I'll telll you what I really am liking my f550 more and more. I can go anywhere with that ****er snow or no snow. I could never do that with my big green beast.

Latest posts

Back