whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice chip truck but if it were here those box doors would be all bent from thieves.
It's just wood piled up around it. I'm running out of space! I think I may sell it this summer or spring (the chipper box).thought I would save it to eventually Mount on a smaller dump that I want to get in the future, but ive been thinking is probably easier to just buy one already put together.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

It is nice to know that when you do go shopping for a chip truck you have the option of just putting that chip box on a nice flat bed dump if you find one and have it bolted down then you have a removable box and you spent less likely than on a set up chip truck, and it was probably less beat and overloaded.

Man I knocked a huge 48" dbh barkless dead shagbark hick last fall and along with a stone dead big cherry about the same time, I now got some primo wood going into my inside add on wood burning furnace til it gets warm out...love that free heat. Burned ash all winter for obvious reasons. Ash sucks.

Man I knocked a huge 48" dbh barkless dead shagbark hick last fall and along with a stone dead big cherry about the same time, I now got some primo wood going into my inside add on wood burning furnace til it gets warm out...love that free heat. Burned ash all winter for obvious reasons. Ash sucks.
Ain't no such thing as free heat.

Character is who you are when no one is looking

Time spent splitting,stacking,stoking,or paying someone to split,stack

Time spent splitting,stacking,stoking,or paying someone to split,stack

The stove has long ago paid itself off and the splitter and conveyor the same. Plenty of profit in the firewood sales so me helping myself to the pile is negligible as is an hour or two of him loading in dump trailer, and me dumping and him stacking it in my under the house driveway. Free heat imo. I generally get paid to remove the wood from the job so there is another contributing factor to the "freeness". I don't burn a drop of heating oil.

Burning dead poplar right now, i'm too lazy to walk down to the wood pile and wheel barrel a load back to the house. Heading down to chester county tomorrow to take down a storm damaged maple tree. Fun Fun!

I did a job last deep freeze. Bucket brakes were frozen so generator and space heater to the compressor. Rotor in chipper was frozen immovable so same as above. Clean up all stuck in snow so when it melted we had to go back and re clean up. Stump grinder not happy at all grinding frozen solid dirt. New teeth needed now. Had to use pliars to put on my Gecko's as rubber insulated boots too big for straps and had to pull tight with pliars. Plowed to get trucks in. Salted. Sawdust stuck everywhere. Solid ice 5" thick in flat dump and dump trailer. 6 pairs of gloves soaking wet.....:cry:

I did my first real tree yesterday ! What a bummer ...... Went to step over the chipper caught the little dog leash cable for the breakaway and went down hard on the ice slammed my head into the tailpipe of the dump which has a piece of angle welded to it to keep the flap from touching and burning . Opened my hand good and hurt my neck real bad ! I agree **** this I am gonna do a few small jobs til this **** melts

Yo you talk to randy Rhoads about them saws
I got an email from him this morning and he has them. Im going to give him a call tomarrow. When you talked to him did you mention the work that has been done on the one saw? If not what was all done to it so I can let him know, I know you told me but I forgot.

I did my first real tree yesterday ! What a bummer ...... Went to step over the chipper caught the little dog leash cable for the breakaway and went down hard on the ice slammed my head into the tailpipe of the dump which has a piece of angle welded to it to keep the flap from touching and burning . Opened my hand good and hurt my neck real bad ! I agree **** this I am gonna do a few small jobs til this **** melts
Dang! That sucks!

One of them had a rebuild done but it would be smart to have him look them both over . They both ran good when I gased them up ran a tank through then put in the box .

5373_105745268107_7941660_n.jpg

Ouch, but I bet your still purdy though lol

I am so sore I couldn't sleep last nite ! And today I can't get comfy ! I wanna go back to bed but tonight we are entertaining friends so Jen made 60 homemade meatballs pasta and hot sausage for gravy . I am in purgatory til dinner

Back