whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Craned a tree off a house yesterday. It was my third tree on a house call for the day. A lot of the roads are closed due to trees on wires. This one was close so i got a 50 ton crane to come in and we removed it with one pick.View attachment 332317View attachment 332318View attachment 332319View attachment 332320View attachment 332321 Got lots of storm work calls to look at today.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Did the crane have to lift you over the primaries to get at that tree?

Had a customer kinda screw with me like that on a oak prune.
I had a call last week, night before the start, dude wanted to know if I would match a price. "I feel more comfortable with you doing it, but you are way more expensive than this guy" I'm pissed, all set up, ready to go. Small little weather windows, in between snow storms. So scheduling is a bit tough. I ask who, lol, he tells me it the same POS that I always talk about. I say noway, right away, with out hearing the price. I am smoking pissed now. REALLY! THAT GUY! He ask's why. I told him that he is asking a 5 star steakhouse to drop their price to compete with Hardees, because you like their food better, but Hardees is cheaper. . He sat silent for second, started busting up laughing and then asked what time I would be starting. He had planned on screwing with me, never even called the other dude! Dyck!

He wasn't screwing with you, he was trying to talk you down. Had you caved on your price, he would have happily accepted your weakness as his financial gain. He has no real respect for you, you're just the hired help.

It's all about the money for this dude.

He wasn't screwing with you, he was trying to talk you down. Had you caved on your price, he would have happily accepted your weakness as his financial gain. He has no real respect for you, you're just the hired help.

I'm thinking the same thing. And really, I don't think any of them have any real respect for any of us anymore. Not nowadays. Not since the money became damn near the only factor in this deal. There are several areas around here that have gone into a feeding frenzy caused by illegal aliens with their almost free prices and the only bait those clients are taking is cheap.

3ura6ere.jpg

Warm air drought! lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

It's just wood piled up around it. I'm running out of space! I think I may sell it this summer or spring (the chipper box).thought I would save it to eventually Mount on a smaller dump that I want to get in the future, but ive been thinking is probably easier to just buy one already put together.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Went out to prune a very cool church tree, center piece of their courtyard. I have made it a practice to stay away from churches, but this one has a pretty good rep and the deacon is a client. Weather man says 1" maybe 2" of snow thru the whole day. No problem. Get there, get going and the bottom fails out. Starts snowing so hard that it screws with visibility. Finally just stop and pack it up. Go to head home, gotta go a up a steep hill. Dam near didn't make it. Spinning most of the way up. Creeping home, slide thru a stop sign. By the time I made it, I thought I was going to be sick. My nerves where shot and my steering wheel has now melded with my hands. Buckets suck in the snow!

I agree, if I had seemed interested in what he was going to say, you know damn well he would have taken it. He is the type, always looking for a angle.

Latest posts

Back